Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Says

who all played well? didnt get to the game. listened to it on the radio. the only players to play well seemed to be mc cann, cunningham as usual, murray and kerr the goalkeeper.

rashCharacter

The full back line were roasted.
In the half back line Murray done ok driving forward

Midfield were cleaned out, don't think Burke touched the ball although Gallagher came into it late on when the game was dead.

Up front Tomas and Cunningham hit some nice scores when McCloy was marking them but neither could get anything from the other Derry defenders.

Poor performance overall.

CSC

What I heard was that the FB line did well, considering that we were being cleaned out in the middle third.

FB line will always struggle if the supply of ball coming in is good

PeteG

Not really surprising that they were being cleaned out, we were down to 14 men and Bradley still saw fit to continue to play the sweeper for the last 15 mins of the first half.  May as well have been playing with 13!!  2 extra derry men left our boys having to work twice as hard to win anything, thats bound to really take it out of you.

Pat Mustard

Moneyglass  Cargin  Cargin
St Galls  Rasharkin  St Galls
Creggan  Lamh Dhearg  Lamh Dearg
St Brigids  St Johns  St Johns
Aghagallon  Ahoghill Draw 
Any predictions lads?

Simon Says

agree with most apart from rasharkin beating st galls.

Pat Mustard

:D Those weren't my actual predictions, I just forgot to delete from my copying and pasting off the county website. Will do it right now.

fitzroyalty

Aghagallon 3-11 Ahoghill 1-12

I think it finished up. Good win for Aghagallon in their first game in Div 1

aontroim

Moneyglass 0-16 v 0-9 Cargin    
Creggan 0-15 v 0-10 Lamh Dhearg
St Brigids 1-12 v 1-15 St Johns
Aghagallon    3-11 v 1-12 Ahoghill St. Marys

Slight upset in Cargin being beaten by such a margin by neighbours.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: fitzroyalty on April 13, 2011, 08:40:03 PM
Aghagallon 3-11 Ahoghill 1-12

I think it finished up. Good win for Aghagallon in their first game in Div 1

Aren't they on the border near Armagh?? Played once or twice there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fitzroyalty

Aye a few mile from Lurgan. Think they play St Gall's next.

imtommygunn

Three upsets there. Didn't realise Aghagallon were in division 1 though they've been much better over the last ten years or so at underage than they used to be.

Moneyglass will fairly celebrate that win. Wouldn't have expected the Johnnies to beat St Brigids. I wonder is Loughrey playing?

Good win for Creggan too.

Pat Mustard

Good win for Aghagallon. I'd imagine Cargin were missing Scullion, M McCann, Crozier and O'Boyle so I doubt Moneyglass will celebrate too much. Rasharkin beat St Galls by a bagful, what's going on there?

Milltown Row2

3-11 to 0-7

Rasharkin for the Antrim title after that result, oh wait didn't the Johnnies beat us in our fist game last year?

Wasn't at the match so cant comment but fair old beating anyway.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Simon Says

I hear st galls had a poor team out, with injured boys having to strip out. wouldnt read too much into their league results. Just read about scullion though today in the paper, sounds nasty. miss the donegal match perhaps? michael mc cann out for a long time. Cargin seem like they will be in trouble.