Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Quinn Martin Production

I see Benny Tierney gives the Antrim set up a bit of a touch in today's Irish News.  He might have a point??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on July 07, 2010, 04:25:29 PM
I see Benny Tierney gives the Antrim set up a bit of a touch in today's Irish News.  He might have a point??

Would the Irish News pay Tierney for that? Who wants to know what he did last Sunday? And Conor McGourty, Antrim's best player, has he ever seen Antrim playing?

Gold

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on July 07, 2010, 04:34:24 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on July 07, 2010, 04:25:29 PM

Would the Irish News pay Tierney for that? Who wants to know what he did last Sunday? And Conor McGourty, Antrim's best player, has he ever seen Antrim playing?

No obviously he hasnt, it's amazing what media can do for a player.

If a player wants to train but then dissapear 2 days before a Inter County championship game questions have to be asked. These stories about players leaving panels/joining panels seem to be unique to Antrim. It wouldnt surprise anyone if the same names do the same next year and every year after for the next 5 years. There comes a point when enough is enough.

Its an amateur sport and noone is forced to play but if your not willing to stick it out for the year why be there at all? It's letting the fans down. People who waste their time paying to travel to Kildare one week only to see a different team play the week after have been let down.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Heaneys Wish

Quote from: Heaneys Wish on June 06, 2010, 11:20:01 AM

Be very interesting to see how today's Ref M Sludden gets on today? I personally feel this game is too big for him and he will kill it technically and his fitness has always been in question, S Woods must be on a knife edge today seeing that he backed his recent promo to grade 1 refereeing status allegedly at head quarters??????????? Lets see how his man gets on, with the cameras etc etc

Well, said it way back, Seamus Woods needs to take responsibility for that Idiot today, should hang his head in shame as should seamus! Fck disgrace poor Louth

Told you so, ah its great to get a call spot on!!!!!!!!!

Uladhabu

Is this Seamus Woods from Ulster Colleges? What has he got to do with Sludden HW? I know he is an arrogant so and so, and there would be a few Ulster F/ball ref's sniggering yesterday after all the going's on at croker, still as said what has woods got to do with Sludden, how can he back his promo as stated in your posting's? Congrat's on getting it spot on, you can write about tomorrow in your weekly article, although your refereeing article was hard to beat, keep it up.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Heaneys Wish on July 11, 2010, 06:39:26 PM
Quote from: Heaneys Wish on June 06, 2010, 11:20:01 AM

Be very interesting to see how today's Ref M Sludden gets on today? I personally feel this game is too big for him and he will kill it technically and his fitness has always been in question, S Woods must be on a knife edge today seeing that he backed his recent promo to grade 1 refereeing status allegedly at head quarters??????????? Lets see how his man gets on, with the cameras etc etc

Well, said it way back, Seamus Woods needs to take responsibility for that Idiot today, should hang his head in shame as should seamus! Fck disgrace poor Louth

Told you so, ah its great to get a call spot on!!!!!!!!!

Hardly an earth shattering prediction, given that you have already come across Sludden before.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SambaSaffron

Getting very tight at the bottom of division one now, with 2 points seperating the bottom 5 and a lot of them still to play each other. St Brigids opted to play their game a few weeks ago on a Friday night before Antrim played, meaning they hadn't got James Loughrey. Might be regretting it now! St Pauls also look to be in deep trouble, they've lost a fair few in a row. Portglenone struggling without their main scorer McAleese, while Moneyglass and Ahoghill seem to be doing enough at the minute - just. Still a lot of big matches to be played yet though!

Cargin look to have sewn up another title at the top.

Hoof Hearted

i see the teams will have played 6 games in 24 days by the end of july. Thats great, what club players want. How come the last 2 games will take 3 months ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

SambaSaffron

Because its Antrim. Presumably due to Championship, but its a bit shit.

micko12368

Originally the div 1 and 2 fixtures were to be completed at the end of August, i can't understand how the last round of Div 1 mathces have been moved to the end of October! Surely it would only take a month max to run off the championship?

In fairness to the fixture committee this year the matches have been played as and when scheduled with Div 3 now completed.

SambaSaffron

I've been told tha those dates are just thrown in there as dummys as such, and will be changed as the championship progresses. Which would make a lot more sense.

Glensman

Quote from: SambaSaffron on July 15, 2010, 03:13:37 PM
Getting very tight at the bottom of division one now, with 2 points seperating the bottom 5 and a lot of them still to play each other. St Brigids opted to play their game a few weeks ago on a Friday night before Antrim played, meaning they hadn't got James Loughrey. Might be regretting it now! St Pauls also look to be in deep trouble, they've lost a fair few in a row. Portglenone struggling without their main scorer McAleese, while Moneyglass and Ahoghill seem to be doing enough at the minute - just. Still a lot of big matches to be played yet though!

Cargin look to have sewn up another title at the top.

All very tight at the bottom indeed!

Cargin St Johns must have been a great game.

Is McAleese injured/away? How long he out/away for?

SambaSaffron

Away to Oz, think its only short-term, maybe a month. He picked a bad time to go!

the colonel

I see Bomber Liston is talking about some players from weaker counties representing Ireland in the IRS. Would you think any Antrim players will be considered?
the difference between success and failure is energy

SambaSaffron

Doubt it, there's no who really fits the bill that I can think of. Maybe big Niall McKeever will play in a year or 2, doubt he'll make the squad this year though.

More interesting results last night. St Pauls beating St Brigids, Portglenone beating Lamh Dearg, Moneyglass beating St Johns. St Galls beat Creggan as well.

St Brigids now in deep trouble, though their 'drawn' game against St Galls hasn't been updated to the website table yet.