Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Never bothered Cross. Any word on MOTM? The Cavan-Galls winners would be fairly fancied.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stiffler

Quote from: gallsman on September 26, 2009, 09:43:27 PM
Quote from: stiffler on September 26, 2009, 09:30:46 PM
St galls 3-26
Portglenone 0-7

Lies. 2-20 to 6 points. St. Galls shot an awful amount of wides as well. Never had to leave about 2nd gear, but absolutely worked their arses off in defence. Gallagher is certainly a quality addition. No disrespect to Portglenone, but there are bigger fish to fry in Ulster and the Galls will need to cut out the wasteful shooting if they're to win it.

just going by a text i got!!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

milltown row

that was a terrible final, ports never turned up.

we never broke sweat and managed to kick as many wides as scores

the Gaels and Galls game should be a goodin, plenty to play for after the last game we played and lost against them

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on September 26, 2009, 10:06:11 PM
Never bothered Cross. Any word on MOTM? The Cavan-Galls winners would be fairly fancied.

You can't really compare Cross to any other club team in Ulster though, several cuts above.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

Cross are a different cattle of fish.  in the second half against us, they did to us what we do to the antrim club teams.

we are glad they are out. no easy games now

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on September 26, 2009, 11:04:27 PM
Cross are a different cattle of fish.  in the second half against us, they did to us what we do to the antrim club teams.

we are glad they are out. no easy games now

Cattle or kettle?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

milltown row

i'll go with kettle ;D

must do better with my spelling :-[

ONeill

aontroim

St. Gall's were devastating without really having to play too much - it was like they were playing sevens football with a team of 15.  Not sure who got MOTM but my choice would have been Kieran McGourty - he kicked some good scores tonight off both feet.  Kevin was very effective in his role at midfield spoiling kickouts and mopping up a lot of breaking ball.

laoisgaa

O'Neill is a lier - no Man of the Match was picked!! Niblock was out of the game for a fair bit as was CJ - I'd go for Mr Fermanagh - Rory Gallagher!!!!!

Actually scratch that on second thoughts I'll go for CJ's brother Ciaran!

milltown row

thought Ciaran was man of th match? won all the dirty ball, was on hand for most of the moves, and scored a few. best player on the park.

what was the head gear Madden was using?

Mid Down Gael

Why was karl Stwert not listed in the St Galls squad? St Galls where fantastic last night and must be clear favourites for ulster. Nial McKeever looked an ordinary club player in a Portglenone team that where woeful.

gallsman

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on September 27, 2009, 10:52:03 AM
Why was karl Stwert not listed in the St Galls squad? St Galls where fantastic last night and must be clear favourites for ulster. Nial McKeever looked an ordinary club player in a Portglenone team that where woeful.

Exceptionally ordinary. I think he won the first half throw in and that was about it.

milltown row

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on September 27, 2009, 10:52:03 AM

he's just concentrating on hurling :P (injured)

i wouldn't say that we are favourites for Ulster. certainly like the other teams involved they'd all fancy getting to the final due to the teams that have been knocked out already.