Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on June 27, 2009, 12:02:16 PM
there will be a serious amount of people hammered BEFORE the match. 7.00pm on a sat night!!!!!

a lot of buses are heading down about 2 or 3pm Curley's is going to make a fortune today
Seen a good few McCooey buses heading out the Monaghan Road earlier today. Should be a sea of saffron and white in Clones which is a rare site!

Square Ball

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 27, 2009, 07:02:16 PM
Quote from: milltown row on June 27, 2009, 12:02:16 PM
there will be a serious amount of people hammered BEFORE the match. 7.00pm on a sat night!!!!!

a lot of buses are heading down about 2 or 3pm Curley's is going to make a fortune today
Seen a good few McCooey buses heading out the Monaghan Road earlier today. Should be a sea of saffron and white in Clones which is a rare site!

havnt heard that word in a long time. Wonder where HS is, he was last on about half 4 so either at mass or a pub
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

JMohan

Fair play te yez - great win!
Best of luck in the final!

milltown row

McCooey, work with North Antrim men, that and Chip eaters and Frankies.

fooking culchies sheep shagging inbred i could go on ;)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on June 27, 2009, 09:07:42 PM
McCooey, work with North Antrim men, that and Chip eaters and Frankies.

fooking culchies sheep shagging inbred i could go on ;)
Youse can't enough of our caravans in N. Antrim so it can't be that bad! Coming down taking your city ways with you. Dyed hair, glue sniffing, "hippy" music like The Smiths etc! ;)

pebble-dasher

BallyhaiseMan

Lads,
Drunk/Hungover4 as i am,just wanted to come on and offer my congratulations,
Had some great banter with you lads in the weeks before and have always read this thread,as ive had an interest in Antrim football since seeing their talented yet underachieving team in 96 against ourselves,Eddie Quinn and Co.
Even though i think Cavan had slightly more fans,in numbers,Your support were magnificant today,great banter and chants before and during the game.
As for the game,While many on the board are offering belated congratulations in shock,really to all of us who knew what Antrim were and have always been capable off,It was no shock.
Antrim were Fitter,Bigger,more Athletic and are and were simply better footballers than their Cavan counterparts,And our traditional supporters will be sick to hear that last one,but its true.
There was at least 10 points in difference between the teams today.
Wish you lads the best of luck against Tyrone,Hopefully i get a ticket and il be down jumping on the Antrim bandwagon.

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 28, 2009, 04:32:51 AM
Lads,
Drunk/Hungover4 as i am,just wanted to come on and offer my congratulations,
Had some great banter with you lads in the weeks before and have always read this thread,as ive had an interest in Antrim football since seeing their talented yet underachieving team in 96 against ourselves,Eddie Quinn and Co.
Even though i think Cavan had slightly more fans,in numbers,Your support were magnificant today,great banter and chants before and during the game.
As for the game,While many on the board are offering belated congratulations in shock,really to all of us who knew what Antrim were and have always been capable off,It was no shock.
Antrim were Fitter,Bigger,more Athletic and are and were simply better footballers than their Cavan counterparts,And our traditional supporters will be sick to hear that last one,but its true.
There was at least 10 points in difference between the teams today.
Wish you lads the best of luck against Tyrone,Hopefully i get a ticket and il be down jumping on the Antrim bandwagon.

Lick Arse  ::)

Only joking by far the better team and i will be in Clones shouting for you myself in the USFC.

imtommygunn

Still over the moon. Always believed we could beat Cavan but being in an ulster final seems a bit unreal just yet!

Many thanks for the cavan posters congratulations.

I'd be the same as you hatchetfield. I always supported but being honest, even though I thought baker had brought us on, I didn't think we'd beat Donegal.

Bring on Tyrone and hopefully a trip or two to Croke Park!

Still waiting for Bannside's I told you so...

Niall McKeever going to Oz seems a much greater loss now!! He won some amount of ball.

slow corner back

Well done to Baker and all involved with the footballers great effort. Might have to join the bandwagon myself and try to make it for my first USFC match !!! Great game last night and played some lovely stuff.

Atticus_Finch

Anyone know when the St. Galls vs Cargin game is ?  Was told it's tomorrow evening but i'm thinkin it couldn't be wit the football on saturday and the hurling today ?

Any predictions for it, would it be worth a watch ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

milltown row

this wed night. might be at our pitch, not sure. would not read too much into club games between us and Cargin. its a bit like when Loughgiel play Cushendall in the league, Loughgiel usually win the league games and Cushendall usually win the.........

Denn Forever

Well done and if I'm honest, ye have a better chance of beating Tyrone than we would ever have.  Jesus, I'd take it, but can you imagine us against Tyrone?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

glens abu

What a great weekend to be a Saff,Sat night in Clones was unreal to see an Antrim team perform to such a high standard and win an Ulster semi-final with a lot to spare.It was also great to be on the terraces at Clones and see so many ex-Antrim players who have given so much over the years totally overwhelmed with joy.Lets get the flags out now in the build up to the 19th and enjoy this final which could be the first of many we could see with this young squad of players. 

milltown row

i'd say club football will be on the back burner for a while