Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

Quote from: theskull1 on October 30, 2008, 08:15:18 PM
Quote from: bannside on October 30, 2008, 05:46:01 PM
Richard Ferris in for the Derry minor job, and can you really see Tony Scullion in with Antrim. Get real. Sure that issue was nailed long ago when he was told it was not compatible with his day job.

The three men are Baker, Conway and Paddy Mc Neill, so get used to it and get on with it.

They have been given the job and now its time the rest of us got fully behind them. Personally I wish them all the best, and will be there to support them and the players.

The draw has been kind to us, got Wicklow, Leitrim and Sligo all at home. Away to Waterford last game, should be home and hosed by then, hopefully.

Has anybody asked the players if they are happy with the appointment or is there a chance they could throw their toys out of the pram like cork :)

asked a couple on Saturday, they had a few, so i'll gauge a better view from the sensible ones later

nearlymad

Quote from: milltown row on October 30, 2008, 09:12:06 PM
Richard Ferris in for the Derry minor job, and can you really see Tony Scullion in with Antrim. Get real. Sure that issue was nailed long ago when he was told it was not compatible with his day job.

The three men are Baker, Conway and Paddy Mc Neill, so get used to it and get on with it.

They have been given the job and now its time the rest of us got fully behind them. Personally I wish them all the best, and will be there to support them and the players.

The draw has been kind to us, got Wicklow, Leitrim and Sligo all at home. Away to Waterford last game, should be home and hosed by then, hopefully.

Has anybody asked the players if they are happy with the appointment or is there a chance they could throw their toys out of the pram like cork :)

asked a couple on Saturday, they had a few, so i'll gauge a better view from the sensible ones later

I presume you asked a few of the St Galls ones?   So they are in the  middle of the Ulster Club and they are out pinting---Does any thing change?

milltown row

Quote from: nearlymad on November 01, 2008, 09:49:57 AM
Quote from: milltown row on October 30, 2008, 09:12:06 PM

I presume you asked a few of the St Galls ones?   So they are in the  middle of the Ulster Club and they are out pinting---Does any thing change?

and still winning!! makes ya wonder. but sure this is an amateur sport. you work all week, having a few pints at the weekend wont make a difference to these lads. training 3 times a week games at the weekend no problem

stiffler

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2008, 04:03:09 PM
08/03/08

2.30pm   Liatroim       v    Aontroim

Yeeeeeeessssssssss! :) ;) :D ;D 8) :P :-*

??
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

milltown row

all good, speaking to one of the players and he said they are well up for it. tough game and pressure of being at home with all the neutrals watching on, and some begrudger looking for a fall. Cavan could beat us but we could end up duffing them. (makes no sense :-\)

midfield is where we will dominate. we'll win most ball and hopefully starve Johnstone and Lyng of the ball and force them further outfield in hunt of ball.

i'm going for the 2 point win for Naomh gall setting up a ballinderry semi final

milltown row

no carryout, driving tomorrow >:(

they are training away, very difficult with no floodlights, a lot of clubs have their grounds closed this time of the year.

hopefully stay sober till the Ballinderry game, if we get past Cavan Gaels

antrimexile

I was taking to a former Munster interpro footballer recently:  I seemed to annoy him when I mentioned Antrim 1946.
Can any one confirm re -1/ Antrim invented the hand pass,
                                   2/Kerry banned the hand pass....?mid season?
                                     3/ The thuggery of Kerry v this great Antrim side.   Can anyone shed-exact details please?  Thanks.

PlayWithTheWind

Its not over til the fat lady sings!

PlayWithTheWind

1-2 to 0-2 to Cavan Gales

Cavan Gales down to 14 men, Rabbit sent off.
Kevin Niblock stretchered off, Kieran McGourty on.

PlayWithTheWind

HT

Cavan Gaels 1-2 St Galls 0-5

PlayWithTheWind

1-4 to 0-7

Sean Burke sent off

PlayWithTheWind

FT

Cavan Gales 1-7 St Galls 0-7

Kevin McGourty sent off.

milltown row

no he didn't do him just a came in late with the boot sort of stampped him. second yellow.

as for the rest of your report, i agree.  i'm sur ethe lads are very disappointed but should be fresh enough for next year. hard to keep going year in year out.

noticed Bradley there watching the match. not much to take out of it other than Brady having a good game on Johnstone

FermPundit

How did the the All Saints v Erne Gaels game go today?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.