Sean McGourty 50-1
Hardstation 100-1
Saffron Sam 100-1
Sambo 150-1
Mickey Rea 150-1
Nuala O'Loan 150-1
Gerry Adams 500-1
Ian Paisley Junr 500-1
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Gormley quits Antrim football job

Jody Gormley has stepped down as Antrim football manager despite last week's Tommy Murphy Cup final success.

Gormley informed Antrim county board chairman John McSparron of his decision on Friday afternoon.

Tyrone native Gormley appeared to indicate after last week's win over Wicklow that he would stay in charge for his scheduled third season.

However, he clearly had a rethink and former manager Brian White is already being linked with the vacancy post.

White previously managed Derry between 1999 and 2002 and his Saffron team went agonisingly close to beating Derry in the Ulster semi-final before losing the replay.

County chairman John McSparran told BBC Sport that he "wasn't surprised" by Gormley's departure.

Gormley appeared very demoralised after his team's Ulster Championship defeat by Cavan in May.

Antrim were well in the contest for more than half of the game before folding against a limited enough Breffni outfit.

The decision of squad captain Sean Kelly and his St Gall's team-mates Terry O'Neill, CJ McGourty and Aodhan Gallagher to quit the panel may also been a factor in Gormley's decision.

All four did not want to play in the Tommy Murphy after the Ulster SFC defeat by Cavan.

Antrim did claim the Tommy Murphy Cup but while it was some silverware, the reality was the Saffrons defeated Carlow, London and Wicklow in the competition.

BBC

fred the red

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2008, 04:50:24 PM

Gormley quits Antrim football job

Jody Gormley has stepped down as Antrim football manager despite last week's Tommy Murphy Cup final success.

Gormley informed Antrim county board chairman John McSparron of his decision on Friday afternoon.

Tyrone native Gormley appeared to indicate after last week's win over Wicklow that he would stay in charge for his scheduled third season.

However, he clearly had a rethink and former manager Brian White is already being linked with the vacancy post.

White previously managed Derry between 1999 and 2002 and his Saffron team went agonisingly close to beating Derry in the Ulster semi-final before losing the replay.

County chairman John McSparran told BBC Sport that he "wasn't surprised" by Gormley's departure.

Gormley appeared very demoralised after his team's Ulster Championship defeat by Cavan in May.

Antrim were well in the contest for more than half of the game before folding against a limited enough Breffni outfit.

The decision of squad captain Sean Kelly and his St Gall's team-mates Terry O'Neill, CJ McGourty and Aodhan Gallagher to quit the panel may also been a factor in Gormley's decision.

All four did not want to play in the Tommy Murphy after the Ulster SFC defeat by Cavan.

Antrim did claim the Tommy Murphy Cup but while it was some silverware, the reality was the Saffrons defeated Carlow, London and Wicklow in the competition.

BBC

Typical bbc  ::)

milkman mk II

heard it was something to do with pay, that jody resigned! dunno just a rumour i heard off  a lad yesterday!

get mickey moran in!

aontroim

Antrim SFC - 2008

Rasharkin  1-10 v 1-9 Dunloy  
St. Brigids  1-10 v 1-18 Cargin
Creggan Kickhams  3-6 v 0-16 Lamh Dhearg

Surprised at Creggan getting beat in this one.

Antrim IFC - 2008

Glenravel  1-10 v 2-10 Tir na Nog
Sarsfields  3-3 v 0-18 Moneyglass    
Ardoyne  1-4 v 0-8 Aldergrove

Antrim JFC - 2008

Mitchels  2-7 v 4-14 Ballycastle
Sean McDermotts  4-16 v 0-7 St. Comgalls
St. Malachys  0-10 v 0-5 O Donnells
St. Teresas  4-13 v 1-10 St. Agnes

the colonel

Quote from: milkman mk II on August 09, 2008, 06:48:55 PM
heard it was something to do with pay, that jody resigned! dunno just a rumour i heard off  a lad yesterday!

get mickey moran in!

jody was getting £1200 a month from antrim. thats fact. anyone on the county committee would tell you the same
the difference between success and failure is energy

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: the colonel on August 10, 2008, 02:08:42 PM
Quote from: milkman mk II on August 09, 2008, 06:48:55 PM

get mickey moran in!

jody was getting £1200 a month from antrim. thats fact. anyone on the county committee would tell you the same

Money well spent I am sure you will all agree!

:D

youngfella

Whos the favorites for JFC  ?
Pull hard and early

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: hardstation on August 10, 2008, 06:55:19 PM
If any bookie is still offering odds, put the house on St.Gall's for the championship. Sorry, Cargin, you haven't a hope. Serious outfit.

Next Antrim manager - Kieran McGourty is a must on the 40. Excellant footballer. I'd rate him better than the other two McGourtys. Great brain, great feet, balls of steel, will fly into any challenge to win a ball, best link man in the county. Kevin, for all his faults, is a pleasure to watch, when in a good mood, like he was today. Stick him in full forward. Great player. Just needs to relax and enjoy the game. Will skin any full back.

I could say stick saffron jerseys on the St. Gall's team and let them go but that mightn't go down well. They'd do better than any other team we send out.

What was the final score then HS??

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: hardstation on August 10, 2008, 07:12:54 PM
2-17 to 1-07.
Portglenone goal came from a very handy penalty.

who got the st galls goals? was cj playing?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: hardstation on August 10, 2008, 07:16:57 PM
CJ was in the bar at half time, so no.

Kevin McGourty scored the strangest goal after a minute of play. The PGO 'keeper tried to handpass it over his head, McGourty put his hand up, hit his hand and went in. Nearly sure Karl Stewart got the second.

Cheers

Was gonna back them if I could get a price before today but now there would be no point, I would say I wouldnt get much of a price for them.

ONeill

Always thought Kieran had more between the ears than the others. A tidy, intelligent footballers. Glenavy the new Kerry.

imtommygunn

The worst about the St Galls result is that Portglenone are probably the third best team in the county. I think they're better than St Pauls. Cargin will give them a much better game but hard to see them beating St Galls.

With regards to the junior I think St Teresas will win it. St Galls, Moneyglass and St Teresa will probably win their respective championships IMO.

milltown row

Embarrassing, that's all I can say about our game on Sunday. First minute, the goal keeper gave away the worst goal ever. Match over as a contest there and then. I don't know what the Johnnies men or the Cargin men who were watching will take out of it.

Why Portglenone left the number 7 on Kevin McGourty the whole match was a mystery. And how the number 4 stayed on the pitch for PGO. Anyway, St Johns will be up for the match but with the game at Casement, bigger pitch and less volatile than Corrigan. I think we may win by 5 and set up a semi final (final) against Cargin. Lamhs the real shock of the weekend.
Watched some of the Rossa, Glenavy game, Colly McAllister seems to have Glenavy playing good football. Rossa managed to get two goals at the end but the game was over by this stage

Any other reports from the other games?

theskull1

Watched Dunloy Rasharkin at the weekend

Struggle to see why hurling is not encouraged more than it is in alot of clubs. Football is a decent game to play but watching it is a different experience altogether.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera