Final
Páirc an 7.30pm Iar Mhí v Ceatharlach
Chrócaigh Referee: TBC
(E.T. if Necessary)

02.08.08 (Sat)
Tommy Murphy Cup
Final
Páirc an 12.00pm Aontroim v Cill Mhantáin
Chrócaigh Referee: Vincent Neary (Maigh Eo)
(E.T. if Necessary)

GAA Football All Ireland Senior Championship Qualifier
Round 3
Páirc an 2.00pm Loch Garman v An Dún Live RTE2
Chrócaigh Referee: Marty Duffy (Sligeach)
(E.T. if Necessary)

Páirc an 4.00pm Maigh Eo v Tír Eoghain Live RTE2
Chrócaigh Referee: Cormac Reilly (An Mhí)
(E.T. if Necessary)

Christy Ring Cup
Relegation Play Off
Portlaoise 5.00pm Londain v Ros Comáin
Referee: TBC
(E.T. if Necessary)

03.08.08 (Sun)
Nicky Rackard Cup
Final
Páirc an 12.00pm An Lú v Sligeach
Chrócaigh Referee: Sean Whelan (Loch Garman)
(E.T. if Necessary)

GAA Football All Ireland Senior Championship Qualifier
Round 3
Páirc an 2.00pm Fear Manach v Cill Dara Live RTE2
Chrócaigh Referee: Aidan Mangan (Ciarraí)
(E.T. if Necessary)

Páirc an 4.00pm Ciarraí v Muineachán Live TV3
Chrócaigh Referee: Maurice Deegan (Laois)
(E.T. if Necessary)

In my mind no one showed up well. It was a dull affair that didn't get going at all.
The Cargin contingent looked on form but Michael McCann has the class to be completely dominating such games...and should be.
Same with Magill he looked good and if he passed a couple of times more Antrim would have won by more.

They are in the final of a competition they shouldn't be in as they should be Div 3 next year. Nonetheless I will be supporting them...in spirit.

Just speaking to a friend from Kerry - "Christ we only have 2 rounds of the league to go (out of 12 games, Kerry players have to play the last 2 rounds of the league). Antrim must be some joke!!!"
A direct quote.

I would write this on the Antrim site but would fear a backlash. All I want is some accountability/response for the fact there are 7 games in Oct/Nov. I don't know the answer but we need one.

Two Hands FFS

Glensmen...Fair enough 7 matches are arranged in Oct/ Nov which is ridiculous but there is nothing stopping teams re-arranging these fixtures til the summer time if the club wants too. I'm sure the CCC would be happy to oblige

Glensman

Stupid suggestion Two Hands. It is not for the clubs to be arranging fixtures.

There are enough issues fulfilling the stupid fixtures as it is.

JimStynes

I agree. the leagues are a complete joke. How the hell are teams supposed to keep boys interested untill late november (and that is if all matches go ahead as planned) when they have been training from January and they talk about player burn out.

And if you think the CCC will happily rearrange fixtures your wrong, we have tried to rearrange a few fixtures with both clubs agreeing and the CCC wouldnt have any of it.

How can derry, down, armagh and all these counties get there leagues wrapped up and Antrim cant. A few years ago we played on a wednesday night and then a sunday and had the league finished at the start of october. Why could they not go back to this format.

Also the CCC kept persisting in arranging our senior and b matches at the same time in opposite ends of the county, which for a small club like ours (aghagallon) is extremely difficult. So my club plays our b team in the north armagh league and it a much better organised league than the antrim 4th division which our b team used to play in.

The CCC needs to take a good look at itself.

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on July 28, 2008, 11:48:07 AM
St Johns beat us in a very entertaining game last night, not entertaining in a quality game sense, but the carry on's off the ball and in the stand. i'm sure James McCartan is wondering what he's gotten himself into.

thought the Johnnies won the Championship after the game, Whack for the Diddle was being sung long after the final whistle. bar sales where up by 50%
on the game (when they actually played) St Johns were the better team and sets up a good game should we beat Portglenoe against them. but on our performance we would struggle to beat the Ports

It would appear that most of that was down to yourself. I take it you meant to write.

St. John's beat us in a very entertaining game last night. Whilst it was not entertaining in a 'quality game' sense, it was because of the carry ons off the ball and in the stand. I'm sure James McCartan is wondering what he's gotten himself into.

You would have thought the Johnnies had won the Championship [because of their celebrations] after the game; "Whack for the Diddle" was being sung long after the final whistle. Bar sales were up by 50%.

On the game (when they actually played), St John's were the better team and this sets up a good [Championship] game, should we beat Portglenone, against them. However, on our performance we would struggle to beat the Ports.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

aontroim

Quote from: JimStynes on July 28, 2008, 07:24:58 PM
How can derry, down, armagh and all these counties get there leagues wrapped up and Antrim cant.

Those counties don't have meaningful hurling leagues to fit into the mix - with a serious amount of dual clubs - this is always going to be a problem even before the county player commitments are thrown into the mix - being part of the CCC is a job that nobody in their right mind would want to go near in Antrim.

lynchbhoy

Also the CCC kept persisting in arranging our senior and b matches at the same time in opposite ends of the county, which for a small club like ours (aghagallon) is extremely difficult. So my club plays our b team in the north armagh league and it a much better organised league than the antrim 4th division which our b team used to play in.

while I think this is a good idea,
how the hell did your club get dispensation to play under two diff juristictions !

milltown row

Saffron Sam, now during the summer months i stay of the demon drink so that i can be at peak fitness. with being a dual club i need to be ready for the all games. have tried to play less this year but seem to be playing more. kids these days could not be arsed.

Martin Cup Final to prepare for, need to impress wee James, might get a medal this year.

panel of 50 at training the other night ::)

JimStynes

while I think this is a good idea,
how the hell did your club get dispensation to play under two diff juristictions !

[/quote]

I dont know but we have been playing in armagh for years. Our under 8s, 10s, camogie teams and b teams all take part in north armagh league. Also the seniors play in the North Armagh championship. Most matches are in lurgan which is only 3 miles away from us and the most we would have to travel would be to Maghery (which is about 15-20mins away from us) and the league is far better organised than antrims so it makes since.

Quote from: aontroim on July 29, 2008, 07:46:59 AM
How can derry, down, armagh and all these counties get there leagues wrapped up and Antrim cant.

Those counties don't have meaningful hurling leagues to fit into the mix - with a serious amount of dual clubs - this is always going to be a problem even before the county player commitments are thrown into the mix - being part of the CCC is a job that nobody in their right mind would want to go near in Antrim.

I agree that it must make the job harder with hurling but there must be a better way of doing this. Expecting fellas to train from january and play right through to november and december isnt on. We would have about 4 matches in 3 weeks and then not have another for about 6 weeks. The format of having a midweek and weekend match worked well the last time so why change it.

milltown row

we are very thin on conversation regarding the All Ireland final that Antrim will be playing tomorrow.

seems there is not a lot heading down for the 12.00 throw in.  might go down with a few from the club. don't think games is televised. how much for a ticket?

Glensman

Tickets on ticketmaster for the Sunday bouble bill are 30 euro.

Assume the saturday triple bill will be the same?

Tony Convery back in, Thomas McCann starts.
Magill and McCarry out.
Any word why? Thought Magill should definitely start after last week and McCarry a tad unlucky as he was better than Doherty last week.

1. SEAN MAG RIABHAIGH SEAN McGREEVEY NAOMH PÓL
2. COLM Ó BRADAIGH COLM BRADY NAOMH GALL
3. AINDRIU MAC GIOLLA EAIN ANDY McCLEAN NAOMH GALL
4. PÓL Ó CONALLAIN PAUL CONLON GORT NA MONA
5. ANTAINE Ó SCOLLAIN TONY SCULLION CLANN NA hEIREANN
6. ANTAINE MAC AINMHIRE TONY CONVERY MHIC ASMAINT
7. CAOIMHIN O BAOILL KEVIN O'BOYLE CLANN NA hEIREANN
8. PÓL Ó DOCHARTAIGH PAUL DOHERTY NAOMH MHUIRE
9. MICHEAL MAC CANA MICHAEL McCANN CLANN NA hEIREANN
10. PÓL Ó CLUASAIGH PAUL CLOSE UI DONNABHAIN ROSA
11. SAERBHREATHACH CRUISEIR JUSTIN CROZIER CLANN NA hEIREANN
12. BREANDAN Ó hOSAIN BENNY HASSON NAOMH MHUIRE
13. TOMAS MAC CANA THOMAS McCANN CLANN NA hEIREANN
14. CAOIMHIN Ó BRADAIGH KEVIN BRADY NAOMH EARGNAID
15. CIARAN Ó CLUASAIGH CIARAN CLOSE CLANN NA hEIREANN
16. SEAN MAC FIONMHACAIN JOHN FINUCANE LAMH DHEARG
17. SEOSAMH Ó COINNE JOE QUINN NAOMH PÓL
18. GABHANMAC GIOLLA MHAOIL GAVIN BELL UI DONNABHAIN ROSA
19. MAIRTIN MAC FHEARAIGH MARTIN McCARRY MHIC ASMAINT
20. CONNLAODH Ó TUATAIN CONLETH TOTTEN TIR NA N'OG
21. MICHEAL Ó RIABHAIGH MICHAEL REA BRACKAVILLE
22. MICHEAL MAC AN GHOILL MICHAEL MAGILL TIR NA N'OG
23. MARCAS Ó GREACHAIN MARK GRAHAM MHIC ASMAINT
24. CONCHUR Ó MUIRI CONOR MURRAY LAMH DHEARG
25. GEARARD MAC GIOLLA IOSA GERARD McALEESE MHIC ASMAINT
26. CAOIMHIN Ó MEARAIN KEVIN MARRON NAOMH EARGNAID
27. BREANDAN Ó MEARAIN BENNY MARRON NAOMH EARGNAID
28. EOIN Ó NEILL EOIN O'NEILL CLANN NA hEIREANN
29. CAOIMHIN NIBLOC KEVIN NIBLOCK NAOMH GALL

Hoof Hearted

pulling the middle out of himself likely :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

aontroim

JODY MUST STAY ...out of the race to be the next Antrim Manager

playwiththewind1st

Maximus Marillius

God youse lads are pathetic, the first thing ye have won in years....and not as much as a word about it.