Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gold

next year lads, next year
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

milltown row

1.SEAN MC GREEVEY, did well was unlucky with the goal
2.KEVIN O BOYLE, was rubbish he was doing the waving in the face of his man the whole game, don't think he touched ball
3.ANDREW MC CLEAN, won the first ball and competed with McCabe most of the game, out of position for the goal but played well for most part
4.JAMES LOUGHERY, his man scored 9 points, says it all this is were we lost the game you can't play on his shoulder there should have been a man in front low ball went into him every time, Cavans game plan seemed to be hit Johnston and it worked
5.TONY SCULLION, that lad has serious speed but every run came to a disastrous pass or mistake or a wide
6.JUSTIN CROZIER, played well was quiet, has had more impact in other games I've seen him, think his man scored three points
7.SEAN KELLY, played well enough looked small compared to the Cavan players
8.AODHAN GALLAGHER, lost in midfield did not win too much ball
9.MICHAEL MC CANN, played well, but would have better used on the half forward line
10.TOMAS MC CANN, good player had good game
11.KEVIN NIBLOCK, Kevin had a good game kicked a nice point but should have scored a couple more, a lot of players were off loading the ball when the shot was on
12.PAUL CLOSE, not in the game, battled hard but had no real input
13.PADDY CUNNINGHAM, took the frees and led off the ball for CJ's goal not much else though
14.CONNOR JOHN MC GOURTY, did well when in possession scored a great point and managed one off his right boot, more ball in and he'd have scored more
15.KIERAN CLOSE, scored a great point but not much else

19.MICHAEL MAGILL, played well when he came on, should have started but I believe he was hurling training that morning for the count team

Over all I think Cavan had more in their locker, we had to work real hard for our scores in the second half and Cavan managed to just go straight up the field after we scored to score themselves.

Also why was Malachy playing in front of the 30 supporters at the stand side instead of the 7000 supporters on the cheap seats?

NAG

I honestly have to say that was the most inepth performance i have seen in a long time.

where were the tactics to prevent seanie johnston ruling the roost?
where were the tactics to get our two scoring forwards on the ball more?

and for the love of god please someone tell me how tony scullion finished that game?
i have watched him in club football and county games and i have yet to see him do anything constructive in either
if your idea of county football is getting the ball and running with it to you kick it wide or lose possession then he is your man
is there no one to tell him to stop running or off load the ball?

time for a change - jody out - not normally up for ousting managers but this is def needed

PlayWithTheWind

makes you wonder why jody got rid of the likes of Conor Murray. antrim needed a player like Murray to come on, like Magill who can win his own ball.

how many boys will play in the TM?

hope thats jody finished
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

NAG

playwiththewind

if he was any sort at all he would go now and give some a rattle at the TM

I agree that he isnt all to blame and that the players too often escape criticism. But anyone who watched T Scullion for 70 minutes and didnt either speak to him or give him the sheppards hook IMO needs their head looked.

Anyone pull any positives from yesterdays debacle?

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: NAG on May 19, 2008, 12:31:29 PM
Anyone pull any positives from yesterdays debacle?

decent turnout :-\

mattockranger

surely tony convery could have done just an adequate job as McClean!

McClean could have been used more wisely on Johnstone and loughrey using one of his best attribute speed to sweep in front of the cavans two dangermen or vice versa

great quality in that antrim side would't be so hard on yourselves.........
someone should should come in and manage the team with a bit status and grab that squad by the scruff and get them to start believing and stop UNDER-ACHIEVING

firstly ending the bullshit by getting kevin mac back a half forward of his quality yesterday was badly needed he could have won yous the game yesterday

Outsider looking in excuse me if i touched on a few already discussed topics!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

milkman mk II

another awful performance, where did we go to second half, wat did kevin o boyle do all game apart form waving his hands in front of his mans face, andy mcclean wasnt effective on mccabe, shud have ben subsituted for convery at least, how many shots did tony scullion have and not one score  form them. the two mccanns and cj where the only ones who can hold there head high a bit, as well as magill when he came on. paddy hands was totally missing second half and can someone please tell me why aodhan gallagher is anywhere near a county team i have seen him represent antrim many times and the man is not inter county standard, did nutin in midfield yday, on the ball maybe three times and then was missing as per usual, loughry started well on johnston but the boy is classact.

antrim need to face some real facts were not progressing at all, no matter how many people try and put a spin on it. still early championship exit after the first round, division 4 and tommy murphy seems to be antrims acceptable level. what has our suposedly good coach in jody gormley done for us, he can talk about professionalism and trying to change mindset of antrim but its not happening while he pursists with the same rubbish players like gallagher.

yous might think im being too harsh, but im really losing all belief and willingness to support the county footballers, because its the same rubbish yr after year and i am one who has supported antrim all my life and coming from a majorly derry supported family feel every right to be peeved off. cavan where there for the taking again antrim fails to step up

Two Hands FFS

I seen interview in Irish Star today with CJ & how when comes to winning big matches Antrim always seem to fail. He says that the best players in the county arent available. He said that there is one super player who wont play cos he's been harshly treated by County board, that Micko Herron is with the hurlers & that Kevin would get on most county teams. Who is this super player?

PlayWithTheWind

Minor Football Championship

Ardoyne  1-2 4-16 Glenavy 
St. Pauls  1-4 2-11 Moneyglass
St. Johns  6-13 1-10 Aldergrove 
Creggan Kickhams  1-13 0-7 St. Endas 
St. Teresas  2-6 2-15 Rasharkin 
St. Brigids  2-8 0-9 Gort Na Mona 
All Saints  0-1 0-0 Aghagallon    this cant be the real result
Lamh Dhearg  0-8 2-10 Cargin 
Davitts  - - Rossa  O Donnells  - Davits conceded.

milltown row

Gorts big defeat for them, St. Brigids seem to be the team, Johnnies knocked in 6 goals!!!! birth certificates i hope were checked ;D

the south west teams are certainly on the up

NAG

OK

after another crushing defeat in the first round.

i think we are in agreement that jodys time is over

who is out there who could change the fortunes of this county set up?

I will throw my hat in the ring now and say that i dont feel that kevin madden is the man for the job at the moment. I know he is a good coach and if he could be involved somewhere in the staff then by all means, but i think we need to approach someone who is going to be above all the inter club bickering and get them off the back pages and on to the pitch.

any names?

milltown row

Kevin McGourty!! I'm sure after the Clonduff girls are finished, he's no club action so he has free time and it wont distrupt his inter county hurling, they train different nights.

He will give Antrim a bigger profile also, he can play a bit of football

Two Hands FFS

Milltown..even more time for Kevin as he isnt on county Hurling panel anymore. He wasnt on the panel named in that Irish News supplement last week & was hasnt been at training recently.

Give him the job!!