Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

Antrim Championship draw tonight I believe.

Any word on CJ indeed? Has he been training with the panel at all? He came on for St Marys a couple of weeks back there.
CJ Magill and Cunningham a pretty strong FF line.

PlayWithTheWind

St Galls v Portglenone first round

only one i have heard so far, anyone else heard any draws?

heard CJ had a run in with Jody on sunday moring while playin a match between the u21's and a handful of seniors. heard young McGourty played poorly for his standards and got frustrated. when asked to do a warm down he exchanged words with Jody.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Square Ball

Quote from: PlayWithTheWind on February 25, 2008, 10:00:07 PM

heard CJ had a run in with Jody on sunday moring while playin a match between the u21's and a handful of seniors. heard young McGourty played poorly for his standards and got frustrated. when asked to do a warm down he exchanged words with Jody.

when on Sunday morning did that happen?

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

PlayWithTheWind

St Pauls V Gort Na mona
Cargin V St Bridgets

Quote from: Square Ball on February 25, 2008, 10:15:33 PM
Quote from: PlayWithTheWind on February 25, 2008, 10:00:07 PM

when on Sunday morning did that happen?

i heard it happened after the match

milltown row

i think our game is a preli. game and the winners play St Johns and a possible showdown with Cargin in the semi's

NICSSA

All championship fixtures for football and hurling  in the antrim website.

We have drawn Randalstown in a preliminary round in  intermediate with the winners playing Ardoyne or Aldergrove

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on February 26, 2008, 10:35:58 PM
Play with the wind.
Any scoop on the line up for Saturday? Who has been going well at training?

CJ McGourty'd be a worry. He has been eating some big dinners lately with custard an all.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

The three of them are fairly testing the new delicicies with savage determination. Waiting to see the current Saffron exile behind the soup counter any day soon. That'll be a full house, or 4-of-a-kind?

Any chance of texting Antrim/Awfully latest scores on Sat night? I've a feeling the Faithful will edge it. 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

PlayWithTheWind

heres your scoop

Antrim manager Jody Gormley has named an unchanged team for this weekend's crucial National Football League Division 4 clash with Offaly at Casement Park.
The Saffrons boss has named the same starting fifteen that defeated Clare last time out for Saturday evening's crucial game between the division's two unbeaten sides.
Victory would leave the Saffrons in a very strong position, and home advantage will obviously be an advantage, but the Midlanders will prove very tough opponents and this game will be a good yardstick to how well Antrim have advanced this season.

The full team is -
1.SEAN MC GREEVEY
2.TONY SCULLION
3.ANDY MC CLEAN
4.KEVIN O BOYLE
5.JAMES LOUGHERY
6.SEAN KELLY
7..JUSTIN CROZIER
8.JOE QUINN
9.MICHAEL MC CANN
10.AODHANGALLAGHER
11.KEVIN NIBLOCK
12.TERRY O NEILL
13.PADDY CUNNINGHAM
14.MICHAEL MAGILL
15.MARK DOUGAN

16.JOHN FINNUCANE
17.EOIN O NEILL
18.SEAN BURKE
19.CONLETH TOTTEN
20.CONNOR MURRAY
21.GERARD CROSSEY
22.LIAM CARLAND
23.TOMAS MC CANN
24.MICHAEL POLLOCK
25.SEAN MC VEIGH
26.TONY CONVERY
27.BENNY HASSON
28PAUL DOHERTY
29.CONAL KELLY
30.PAUL CLOSE

Glensman

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Glensman on February 27, 2008, 10:24:46 AM
CJ not part of the panel?

Maybe he's seen the light and (like his bro) gone to join the hurlers????????????

PlayWithTheWind

yes hardstation, Conal kelly is "Doot" who was liven in Kerry for a while. has been back and training with the county for a month or so now

CJ is not part of the panel at present and is away playing (drinking) for St Marys in Cork this weekend

milltown row

quote author=PlayWithTheWind link=topic=21.msg252821#msg252821 date=1204121994]
yes hardstation, Conal kelly is "Doot" who was liven in Kerry for a while. has been back and training with the county for a month or so now

CJ is not part of the panel at present and is away playing (drinking) for St Marys in Cork this weekend
[/quote]

is that with the huling team?[

AZOffaly

Any Saint Paul's lads on that team lads? One of my best memories is winning the All Ireland Minor Club championship that was hosted by Saint Paul's in 1991. Ferbane from Offaly, Dungiven from Derry, Mervue from Galway and Nemo Rangers from Cork were the 4 provincial champions, and we beat Dungiven in the semi final and Mervue in the final.

Great craic out there.

PlayWithTheWind

Sean McGreevy
Joe Quinn
Liam Carlin

all St Paul's men

[/quote]

is that with the huling team?
[/quote]

yes