Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 31, 2023, 03:13:20 PM
Tbf Antrim are only partially responsible for the casement project - I would put the fault a lot more with ulster gaa...

Ulster GAA are at fault, however Antrim have contributed to the balls up.

Lár na páirce 1

Wonder how the wee G men got on with their Ulster appeal last night.

thegooch13

Iknow creggan are favourites for this game but I just have a feeling that pg1 could pull something out of the bag here and cause an upset. Heard they have a few big names in training them aswell

InnocentByStander

Quote from: thegooch13 on September 05, 2023, 10:34:46 AM
Iknow creggan are favourites for this game but I just have a feeling that pg1 could pull something out of the bag here and cause an upset. Heard they have a few big names in training them aswell

But are Creggan really favourites, everything this year points to PG1 being favourites they have had a far better year

bannside

Here's hoping Gooch, all on the day. Shouldn't be much between us.

Hearing positive reports that Aaron Douglas and Kevin Niblock have entered St Malachys into grade A competition at year 11, having won C grade last year...they also won Antrim Cup with that squad last year too, so green shoots appearing and big shout out for showing some ambition alongside commitment.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on September 05, 2023, 10:54:20 AM
Here's hoping Gooch, all on the day. Shouldn't be much between us.

Hearing positive reports that Aaron Douglas and Kevin Niblock have entered St Malachys into grade A competition at year 11, having won C grade last year...they also won Antrim Cup with that squad last year too, so green shoots appearing and big shout out for showing some ambition alongside commitment.
That is good, and good to see former players trying to drive it on a bit (hasn't been the case around Belfast schools I hear)
Creggan v Portglenone will be very interesting, weighing it all up I see a narrow Portglenone victory, its all quiet from Creggan which is dangerous for others, but they may have too many men back from injury too late to be at their best. In saying that it could go either way.

thegooch13

Quote from: InnocentByStander on September 05, 2023, 10:52:55 AM
Quote from: thegooch13 on September 05, 2023, 10:34:46 AM

But are Creggan really favourites, everything this year points to PG1 being favourites they have had a far better year

Well the bookies say so, pg1 also missing their captain... However I heard mick kelly is back from australia and could make a difference in the middle third. Think they are worth a punt anyway

BelSaft

A lot will hinge on McAleese and Delargy availability? Rhough PG1 have very good strength in their squad. Creggan been very quiet and coming in under the radar i think.

Lár na páirce 1

50/50 game that maybe the league champions new found swagger may swing it in their favour Creggan won't be easily beaten in some ways similar to Lamh Dhearg bringing the physical side of it but an interesting game indeed.

antrimman667

Dunloy
Creggan
Cargin
St.Bridgets all to win

Glenravel
Ballymena
Aldergrove
Sarsfields all to win heard it here first ;)

SaffronSports

Quote from: antrimman667 on September 06, 2023, 12:13:02 PM
Dunloy
Creggan
Cargin
St.Bridgets all to win

Glenravel
Ballymena
Aldergrove
Sarsfields all to win heard it here first ;)

Those are the 8 I voted for on the Saffron Voice Instagram poll. Dunloy probably more hope than expectation but sure you never know.

Add on Laochra Loch Lao and Eire Og and that was my 10.

belfastsaff

a lot of good contests this weekend - the rossa vs st bridgets game will be the tightest IMO

NorthAntrim

Creggan PG1 a good game. Cargin to win handy and fancy St Brigids too. An upset with Dunloy and LD possible. Hearing a suspension rumour too out of LD.

Intermediate should go to plan. Cant see any slip ups

belfastsaff

DL getting a lengthy suspension ?

Quote from: NorthAntrim on September 06, 2023, 03:16:58 PM
Creggan PG1 a good game. Cargin to win handy and fancy St Brigids too. An upset with Dunloy and LD possible. Hearing a suspension rumour too out of LD.

Intermediate should go to plan. Cant see any slip ups

InnocentByStander

Reserve final on tonight Dunsilly 7 oclock, not much mention on the socials Ticket only