Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnish oggie

Quote from: Caesar on July 25, 2023, 12:29:34 PM
I see that The Saffron Gael have made an appeal to clubs for financial support. This is a first class resource for GAA supporters within the county and shame on any club not giving it their support. The county board and the likes of SBF should be putting their full weight behind it too. Would be a massive loss to supporters if it were to become unsustainable.

There isn't a more deserving cause in Antrim GAA.

A lot of people don't really appreciate it enough but if it ever stopped, the loss would be immense.

Serious amount of work they put into it and they deserve greater recognition for their efforts.

imtommygunn

Fantastic service and I dunno where you'd see the like of it elsewhere. Anyone here should give money to it if they can as well. I have in the past and must do so again.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 25, 2023, 12:53:47 PM
Fantastic service and I dunno where you'd see the like of it elsewhere. Anyone here should give money to it if they can as well. I have in the past and must do so again.

I'm trying to wrangle money from my company to generate local adverts via the SG pages, they have a serious amount of traffic during the peak times of the year and championship it really spikes.

So any local business should really take advantage of it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Would ye whist

Surely if each club were allowed to donate one gate takings from a home league game a season to SG that would go a long way to helping them out

Saffrongael

Saw news about Ciara Ferry, who used to be a development officer with Antrim and played for St Galls
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 25, 2023, 01:10:49 PM
Saw news about Ciara Ferry, who used to be a development officer with Antrim and played for St Galls

Sad news for sure, she packed a serious amount of work into the GAA

condolences to her family.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Who won Rossa and at brigids on Sunday? Was it played?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 25, 2023, 09:09:09 PM
Who won Rossa and at brigids on Sunday? Was it played?

Pitch unplayable

imtommygunn

Ah - cheers. I guess doesn't matter enough so will remain unplayed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 25, 2023, 09:51:23 PM
Ah - cheers. I guess doesn't matter enough so will remain unplayed.

Would imagine so..

Though having games on the day of the hurling final shouldn't happen

SaffronSports

I mentioned above a project I was going to work on for the Senior Football Championship.

I posted the first few profiles tonight on FB, Twitter and Instagram so I thought I would copy out the text parts and post them here for you to read.

St John's

What are the minimum expectations for the Championship?
At least reach the last eight of the competition.

Who is your key player?
Key players this year will be Pat McBride and Paudie Nugent.

Does your club have a player that you think could make a breakthrough in this Championship?
Young Connor Hand and Conchur Adams will be breaking through this year.

Is there another team in the Championship that you think people might be surprised by?
Portglenone have had a great league campaign so watch them.

If you don't win it, who do you think will?
Cargin will be hard to beat.

Rossa

To qualify out of the group.

Who is your key player?
Dominic McEnhill.

Does your club have a player that you think could make a breakthrough in this Championship?
Ruairi Grant young half back has had a good league first year at senior level.

Is there a team in the Championship that you think people might be surprised by?
Us, Rossa.

Tough call I'm going for Portglenone to carry their league form into the championship.

Creggan

Win it.

Who is your key player?
Conor Small.

Dominic McAteer.

Is there another team in the Championship that you think people might be surprised by?
No.

Cargin.

Moneyglass

Quarter final stage. 

Who is your key player?
Tiernan McCormack.

Break through players would be again Tiernan (only 17) and Paul Duffin.

St Galls could be a surprise team given they're in a group of three and have a good chance of making a quarter final and who knows from there...

I think the championship is very open... Portglenone and Cargin final for me with Portglenone just getting over the line!

I'm still looking people to answer those five questions for most of the other teams in the Senior Championship so if anyone wants to do it, send me a message. If someone supports a team from outside the senior championship, feel free to answer the questions for those teams as well and I'll add a post in as well.

Milltown Row2

As much as I like discussing it's that time of year (thank f**k says most) to not talk about predictions

Hopefully this weekend provides a higher standard across all 3 championships and the reserves also

I hope we are discussing football (and hurling following week) rather than a couple of missed calls by the officials  ;)

Saffsof82

Quote from: geezer on July 24, 2023, 05:08:21 PM
Anyone aware if its tickets again for this year's championship?

Also, is Jerome Quinn on board again to stream games?

See info on county fb tonight, all tickets, same as last 3 years

Saffsof82

Quote from: Would ye whist on July 25, 2023, 01:08:59 PM
Surely if each club were allowed to donate one gate takings from a home league game a season to SG that would go a long way to helping them out

Think every club in Antrim already makes a donation to the lads

Saffsof82

Quote from: SaffronSports on July 26, 2023, 09:37:55 PM
I mentioned above a project I was going to work on for the Senior Football Championship.

I posted the first few profiles tonight on FB, Twitter and Instagram so I thought I would copy out the text parts and post them here for you to read.

St John's

At least reach the last eight of the competition.

Who is your key player?
Key players this year will be Pat McBride and Paudie Nugent.

Young Connor Hand and Conchur Adams will be breaking through this year.

Portglenone have had a great league campaign so watch them.

Cargin will be hard to beat.

Rossa

To qualify out of the group.

Who is your key player?
Dominic McEnhill.

Ruairi Grant young half back has had a good league first year at senior level.

Is there a team in the Championship that you think people might be surprised by?
Us, Rossa.

Tough call I'm going for Portglenone to carry their league form into the championship.

Creggan

Win it.

Who is your key player?
Conor Small.

Dominic McAteer.

No.

Cargin.

Moneyglass

Quarter final stage. 

Who is your key player?
Tiernan McCormack.

Break through players would be again Tiernan (only 17) and Paul Duffin.

St Galls could be a surprise team given they're in a group of three and have a good chance of making a quarter final and who knows from there...

I think the championship is very open... Portglenone and Cargin final for me with Portglenone just getting over the line!

I'm still looking people to answer those five questions for most of the other teams in the Senior Championship so if anyone wants to do it, send me a message. If someone supports a team from outside the senior championship, feel free to answer the questions for those teams as well and I'll add a post in as well.

Where is this at?