Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 29, 2023, 07:03:50 AM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 29, 2023, 12:04:21 AM
Quote from: ned on June 28, 2023, 11:07:34 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 28, 2023, 10:29:11 PM
Glenravel promoted from Div 2

Long time in the wilderness.

They do well to stay in D1, fair play to them though,  didn't see them winning the league this year,  they can enjoy the celebrations. When was the last time they where in D1?

D1 tight at the bottom, St Galls in bother? When was the last  time they where out of the top.division?

The year before they won the senior championship.

If we are relegated that's where we should be based on results, no club has a divine right to stay up based on tradition.
Relegated at end of 1999, got promoted end of 2000, won the senior championship in 2001, the rest is history

Hoof Hearted

Are Dunloy down or is it just St Pats Lisburn ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

St Brigids and Rossa look a bit safer this morning too and have return of county panellists. Antrim football leagues have hot much more interesting, competitive matches throughout the year right to the very end. Glenravel have put in some work over this last decade and now get their reward, fair play to them. They've some great young players coming through and I think they will transition ok in top flight.

Ballymena really need to win the intermediate or Baker will be leaving All Saints with a massive sense of underachievement. All to play for in that regard.

imtommygunn

Stewart and McAleer big losses for them BS but yeah I would agree on Baker..

Good question hoof - if 2 are going down from division one then do 2 go down from division two? Not sure dunloy in for a fun time in the senior championship but hopefully with all the hurlers back they can be more competitive.

Rossa have got quite a few back now which should help them. Moneyglass could maybe find themselves sucked in.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2023, 08:53:57 AM
Stewart and McAleer big losses for them BS but yeah I would agree on Baker..

Good question hoof - if 2 are going down from division one then do 2 go down from division two? Not sure dunloy in for a fun time in the senior championship but hopefully with all the hurlers back they can be more competitive.

Rossa have got quite a few back now which should help them. Moneyglass could maybe find themselves sucked in.

We need to beat Moneyglass and hope St Johns have a misfiring day at Milltown for the last game!

The Johnnies would love nothing more to put us into Div 2 lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

You've 2 more games after johnnies...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2023, 09:01:01 AM
You've 2 more games after johnnies...

Aye but if we don't win these then we are toast, can see St Endas winning their last 4 games, We have to beat Moneyglass and hope they don't win many after that. And we'd need to win one more game, hopefully that's the Johnnies
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

You have moneyglass, st johns, st brigids and st endas to play. I would say you'll win two of those games.

St Endas won't win the last 4 games I would have thought. Yourselves or St Brigids will beat them.

Favourites for me randalstown and moneyglass to go...

That bottom 7 makes it very interesting - no dead rubber games really.

barnish oggie

We blew yet another lead last night to end up with a draw, probably a lucky one at that.

8 points up at one point in the first half, then changed tactics and went conservative, retaining possession, when St Galls were there to be put out of sight.

That extra point would have been very valuable.

It has been a season of poor decisions and missed opportunities and I fear the worst.

St Endas next week is a must win or we are gone.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: barnish oggie on June 29, 2023, 09:55:17 AM
We blew yet another lead last night to end up with a draw, probably a lucky one at that.

8 points up at one point in the first half, then changed tactics and went conservative, retaining possession, when St Galls were there to be put out of sight.

It has been a season of poor decisions and missed opportunities and I fear the worst.

Moneyglass are in a freefall at the minute.
But for a last minute goal by ahoghill in the last round pre split, they wouldve been top 6, now its hard to see where the next point is coming from.
2 home games left with saint Galls and St endas and away to Rossa.
Relegation would be a tough one to take after a promising first 12 games.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on June 28, 2023, 09:52:02 PM
Hard game to assess. PG1 in control for long periods of first half, two goals in a couple of minutes from Cargin and they went in ahead at the break.

Cargin went four clear and PG1 claw that back to a one point lead with five minutes left, but a shoulder injury to Dermot McAleese with 15 to go left big void and Cargin, as they do, finished strong to keep league open.

As EOC says some of Cargins young guns are settling in and looking good, but PG1 will take positives and know that we are definitely thereabouts, regardless of who wins the league.
Can only judge who's thereabouts after the championship, when all teams all have all their players available. League very distorted from top to bottom for me

Lár na páirce 1

Ahoghill would just love to spoil the league champs elect victory parade also I'd imagine 😊

delgany

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 29, 2023, 08:05:55 AM
Are Dunloy down or is it just St Pats Lisburn ?
Bottom 2 relegated , 1 team promoted as outlined by All- Saints delegate in February

Saffsof82

Sw yous 2-2 to 0 up after 10mins  , how did you lose that lead

barnish oggie

Quote from: Saffsof82 on June 29, 2023, 11:41:48 PM

Sw yous 2-2 to 0 up after 10mins  , how did you lose that lead

Same old story, get a lead and then panic and start to go side to side in our own half.

Gives the other team momentum and we lose ours and can't lift it again.

Too many times this season.

Our best performances have come from us being behind at half time and having to attack.

You would think they would see something behind that.