Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

EOC1923

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 23, 2023, 11:58:56 AM
;D

Still eating him that 45 didn't go over. Time to make it right.
55 metres out heading over the bar only for the legend that is Anthony Tohill to be standing under the crossbar at the time

imtommygunn

I thought I'd never see antrim in an ulster final after that. Still surprised that I have lol.

BrendanAntrim

We won the old 'B' final in 1999, just before finally winning an USFC match in 2000. We won the Tommy Murphy Cup (reigning champions!) in 2008 just before the momentous season of 2009 (and 2010 wasn't bad either). Maybe winning, or going well in (which we have already) the Tailteann Cup this year can kick off a new period of success too.

antrimman667

Quote from: barelegs on June 23, 2023, 12:32:55 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 23, 2023, 11:33:27 AM
Any team news yet?

Antrim: Michael Byrne; Patrick McCormick, Peter Healy, Eoghan McCabe; Dermot McAleese, Declan Lynch, Marc Jordan; Eunan Quinn, Cathal Hynds; Patrick McBride, Adam Loughran, Ruairí McCann; Ronan Boyle, Ruairí McCann, Dominic McEnhill.

Subs: Luke Mulholland, Cormac McGettigan, James McAuley, Barry McCormick, Gerard Walsh, Colm McLarnon, Conor Hand, Joseph Finnegan, Conhuir Johnston, Odhran Eastwood, Calum Higgins.

From preview on GAA.ie. Understand there was another ACL injury on Tuesday night at training

Why is mcGettigan not starting ???

bannside

Don't think Andy is on here lol Antrimman667, but Cormac making good impression first year on squad and probably plenty of county game time miles in him going forward. Understand the frustration with Rossa needing him too, no easy answers to that except its part of the job description for players opting to participate in county panels at elite level.

Big assignment awaits on Sunday, hopefully we will be competitive throughout now that it's on the national stage and win lose or draw we come up the road on Sunday night with pride intact/full.

Lets get behind them from the start!

Saffsof82

Quote from: antrimman667 on June 23, 2023, 05:16:35 PM
Quote from: barelegs on June 23, 2023, 12:32:55 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 23, 2023, 11:33:27 AM
Any team news yet?

Antrim: Michael Byrne; Patrick McCormick, Peter Healy, Eoghan McCabe; Dermot McAleese, Declan Lynch, Marc Jordan; Eunan Quinn, Cathal Hynds; Patrick McBride, Adam Loughran, Ruairí McCann; Ronan Boyle, Ruairí McCann, Dominic McEnhill.

Subs: Luke Mulholland, Cormac McGettigan, James McAuley, Barry McCormick, Gerard Walsh, Colm McLarnon, Conor Hand, Joseph Finnegan, Conhuir Johnston, Odhran Eastwood, Calum Higgins.

From preview on GAA.ie. Understand there was another ACL injury on Tuesday night at training

Why is mcGettigan not starting ???

That would have to be the youngest midfield pair in inter county football at present, 19 and 20.

erinsboy

I hope Eunan Quinn has the game of his life on Sunday, I really do and Antrim need him to if that team is the starting team ,but honestly if RD had him available I'm not sure he would be in the Cargin starting 15 yet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: erinsboy on June 23, 2023, 11:20:14 PM
I hope Eunan Quinn has the game of his life on Sunday, I really do and Antrim need him to if that team is the starting team ,but honestly if RD had him available I'm not sure he would be in the Cargin starting 15 yet.

I'd agree with that, very raw and inexperienced at that level even for your club, but that's what Andy wants, height youth and someone who'll he be able to mould into inter county.

And so far Andy has worked it well, Meath are a huge step up so hoping we stay with them and be in the mix near the end
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on June 24, 2023, 06:15:24 PM
Not on twitter or website?

It's on top of this page, this is our twitter
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

BrendanAntrim

Patrick unfortunately picked up a serious injury at training earlier in the week.

bannside

Pity too Brendan because Patrick's big engine would suit Croke Park. Harsh luck on Paddy and Big Conor. Two of our better players all year!

ck

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on June 24, 2023, 06:43:26 PM
Patrick unfortunately picked up a serious injury at training earlier in the week.

That's a real shame. What's the injury?

Good luck to young Quinn at midfield. Surprised at the team selection but I wouldn't question Andy at this stage.

Milltown Row2

Some serious rain falling, going to make it a games of errors, hopefully we can make the most of our chances today. We need to take every opportunity
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea