Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker

Quote from: EOC1923 on May 14, 2023, 10:48:56 PM
Pat shivers corner forward, and although Sean O Neil injured and unavailable obviously isn't rated at all by McEntee or McCrudden.
Just seen the highlights great to see Adam Loughran showing what a great player he is.

Would you not say Pat has had a fair bit of game time to date

A minimum of at least 2 more likely at least 3 further games in TC he will get opportunity

Sean very talented and maybe a bit like Adam who you mentioned above might just take a little patience and he will get opportunity to show his ralent

2 early to be throwing in the towel.....

geezer

EOC, IMO Shivers is the best shooter in the county, but hes quite lethargic, probably the reason he doenst start.

Wasnt at the game but by all acocunts, Loughran was the star of the show. Could have been a different league campaign if he was fit. Class act.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Sportacus on May 14, 2023, 10:20:55 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on May 14, 2023, 09:30:58 PM
Quote from: bannside on May 14, 2023, 09:19:27 PM
Simple question to answer EOC. If Antrim hadn't won today there would have been a fair few queuing up to say we are no better off. But now most will agree (concede even) that we are. A 19 point turnaround in a year is not too shabby.

Enjoy the occasion, the pride that took a hammering this time last year has been restored.

Now we can move on....

A win against Leitrim is worthy of celebration......BS...?
Ach wise up.  Of course it's worthy of praise and celebration. I knew somebody would say it's only Leitrim. Can't win.
Yep, cannot Rene.bee how many times Cargin claimed League titles, O Cahan cups as well as a couple if junior and Intermediate titles.......hands up all within who can recall.....

Would ye whist

Someone take the Whiskey of grandpa and put him to bed he must have been at it all night

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 15, 2023, 08:10:21 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on May 14, 2023, 10:20:55 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on May 14, 2023, 09:30:58 PM
Simple question to answer EOC. If Antrim hadn't won today there would have been a fair few queuing up to say we are no better off. But now most will agree (concede even) that we are. A 19 point turnaround in a year is not too shabby.

Enjoy the occasion, the pride that took a hammering this time last year has been restored.

Now we can move on....

A win against Leitrim is worthy of celebration......BS...?
Ach wise up.  Of course it's worthy of praise and celebration. I knew somebody would say it's only Leitrim. Can't win.
Yep, cannot Rene.bee how many times Cargin claimed League titles, O Cahan cups as well as a couple if junior and Intermediate titles.......hands up all within who can recall.....

bannside

Meath, Down, Cavan etc, very proud footballing counties, all multiple all Ireland senior winners going full pelt to win the Tailltean Cup,  yet some persist with a ludicrous view that Antrim shouldn't be taking this competition seriously at all, as if for some reason we are above it.

Thankfully it's a minority view and the rest can see past this infantile drivel.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on May 15, 2023, 09:53:18 AM
Meath, Down, Cavan etc, very proud footballing counties, all multiple all Ireland senior winners going full pelt to win the Tailltean Cup,  yet some persist with a ludicrous view that Antrim shouldn't be taking this competition seriously at all, as if for some reason we are above it.

Thankfully it's a minority view and the rest can see past this infantile drivel.

Jeez PG1 are not that bothered.....answered the County call with one representative...........

asaffgael

Two but as usual your observations are wide of the mark

FrMaginn

Quote from: Flanker on May 14, 2023, 10:38:00 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on May 14, 2023, 10:10:12 PM

Now we can move on....
A good win, we have rightly took it seriously this year as this is Antrims level.Disappointed we had no representation on the starting team to be honest. I'd say the men we have there maybe won't be there much longer.
[/quot
Who would you have started and where?

Really.... Your surprised by someone asking how no player from the best club side in Antrim for the last 10 years started

imtommygunn

A load of them are unavailable. There were a lot in the u20s starting IIRC . The team will be loaded with Cargin players soon enough with what they have coming through.

Milltown Row2

Liam Stewart passed away yesterday evening, a person with great vision who along with others brought about some golden era's within the club, chairman during the Ulster club winning team of the 80's through to bringing about the golden generation that went on to win the All Ireland.

As chairman of the club during the troubles we always had a safe place to be, running many summer clubs and trips up the north coast, I'm sure as kids we tested his patience to the full  ;D

Was a recipient of the Presidents award I believe

Father of Karl Stewart who played with distinction for both club and county.

On a personal note he was Mr St Galls and will be missed by many from within and outside of the club
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2023, 03:58:58 PM
Liam Stewart passed away yesterday evening, a person with great vision who along with others brought about some golden era's within the club, chairman during the Ulster club winning team of the 80's through to bringing about the golden generation that went on to win the All Ireland.

As chairman of the club during the troubles we always had a safe place to be, running many summer clubs and trips up the north coast, I'm sure as kids we tested his patience to the full  ;D

On a personal note he was Mr St Galls and will be missed by many from within and outside of the club

An absolute Gent

Did I hear he played in and won an Ulster Minor Football and Hurling title with Antrim in the same year

RIP
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Flanker

Quote from: FrMaginn on May 15, 2023, 03:34:00 PM
Quote from: Flanker on May 14, 2023, 10:38:00 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on May 14, 2023, 10:10:12 PM

Now we can move on....
A good win, we have rightly took it seriously this year as this is Antrims level.Disappointed we had no representation on the starting team to be honest. I'd say the men we have there maybe won't be there much longer.
[/quot
Who would you have started and where?

Really.... Your surprised by someone asking how no player from the best club side in Antrim for the last 10 years started

No dispute on Cargin being the top side for the last 10 years

Feel free to answer the question. Answer should include only those that have currently made themselves available and are fit for selection.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gold on May 15, 2023, 04:16:56 PM

An absolute Gent

Did I hear he played in and won an Ulster Minor Football and Hurling title with Antrim in the same year

RIP

Possibly, played in many a team for Antrim in hurling and football
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

An absolute Gent

RIP

Liam was a good friend for many years, and manys a disagreement did not hinder such.

May his good soul Rest in Peace.

country bumpkin

An absolute Gent

RIP

Indeed......