Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: PatShivGOAT on May 07, 2023, 11:42:41 PM
Quote from: InnocentByStander on May 07, 2023, 10:38:11 PM
You know nor critical I am with refs, but MR2 thought you had a good game.
One question why didn't you see the tackle on Cargin number 11 a foul on the lead up to to brigids goal?

Ah now not sure I agree with that...I thought EOC were lucky to get the win. If McKeown wasn't the ref it might've been 3 losses on the bounce for EOC. In saying that, St Brigids youngins had EOC oldies on toast. Lav n Justy thought they were in Twisters after a rowdy night out in Toome. Think its time for baby Shivers and co to step up.

Jeez that observation gained from afar with not a hint of bias......

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2023, 11:01:12 PM
Quote from: InnocentByStander on May 07, 2023, 10:38:11 PM
You know nor critical I am with refs, but MR2 thought you had a good game.
One question why didn't you see the tackle on Cargin number 11 a foul on the lead up to to brigids goal?

My view was simple, two lads jumped for the ball, shoulder to shoulder one lad stayed down the other got up, players collide all the time in a game, in fact when we throw the ball in players jump for the ball and collide, that was how I saw it, two lads honestly going for the ball.

That's my view on it, it did not cause the goal btw, the goal happened when the keeper came out and missed the ball.

There were lots of shoulder or collision's in the game and I let them go also.

Fair response, how I saw was Cargin number 11 went first won the ball and was hit mid air...

As I said tho you had a good game but just one query.

I give off enough about bad performances so thought i would give you, your dues  ::) ::)

Christmas Lights

Why do a lot of the Belfast clubs not enter teams in the U19 competition?.  Think there are only 5 entered.  The likes of LD, St Johns, St Galls dont have a team entered, big senior clubs.  What is the reason for it for us who wouldnt be clued in?

QuoteA new competition and a new age grouping is set to commence with an under 19 football league to get up and running tonight 8th May.A total of 15 clubs have entered the competition and the leagues will consist of two divisions. A total of seven teams are placed in the first division with eight in number involved in the second

St Mary's Aghagallon

St Ergnat's Moneyglass

St Pauls

Erin's Own Cargin

All Saint's Ballymena

St Enda's 

Round One (Mon 8th May) All Games at 7.30 pm

St Brigid's v St Mary's Aghagallon

Division two will include;

St Mary's Rasharkin

Cuchullian's Dunloy

Tir na nOg Randalstown

Patrick Sarsfield's

St Joseph's Glenavy

O' Donovan Rossa

St James Aldergrove

Kickham's Creggan

Hoof Hearted

Wonder will many of these be played, or will it be like the u20 league fro a couple of sesons back
Only one game played last night but there were more scheduled
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

EOC1923

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 09, 2023, 01:38:58 PM
Wonder will many of these be played, or will it be like the u20 league fro a couple of sesons back
Looks like only one game across 2 divisions played, this league is only heading one way and that is to become a farce. Teams entering it filling out the form at the start of the season, then not even having appointed a manager to take their team come the start of the league. And people wonder why the county as a whole is in the state it is in.

JimStynes

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 09, 2023, 01:38:58 PM

The underage is a joke in Antrim.  Our minor team has played 3 matches since the league started in March. One game was called off because of bad weather which is fair enough but Jesus the games need to be more regular. Down's league runs like clockwork every Monday night. Armagh too. The old hurling excuse is always pulled out too but that's a crap excuse too. Boys can play hurling one week and football the next,easily.

EOC1923

Anyone know the score in Ahoghill / Creggan game or if it took place, dont see the score on the Antrim website?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: EOC1923 on May 09, 2023, 01:53:55 PM
Anyone know the score in Ahoghill / Creggan game or if it took place, dont see the score on the Antrim website?

I believe Ahoghill won by a point, although I think it ended controversially, Creggan man got a mark and ref blew the final whistle, or something along those lines.

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

EOC1923

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 09, 2023, 02:04:59 PM

I believe Ahoghill won by a point, although I think it ended controversially, Creggan man got a mark and ref blew the final whistle, or something along those lines.
Thought something was up, would that stop the result going up though?

barnish oggie

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 09, 2023, 01:32:18 PM
Why do a lot of the Belfast clubs not enter teams in the U19 competition?.  Think there are only 5 entered.  The likes of LD, St Johns, St Galls dont have a team entered, big senior clubs.  What is the reason for it for us who wouldnt be clued in?

QuoteA new competition and a new age grouping is set to commence with an under 19 football league to get up and running tonight 8th May.A total of 15 clubs have entered the competition and the leagues will consist of two divisions. A total of seven teams are placed in the first division with eight in number involved in the second

St Mary's Aghagallon

St Ergnat's Moneyglass

St Pauls

Erin's Own Cargin

All Saint's Ballymena

St Enda's 

Round One (Mon 8th May) All Games at 7.30 pm

St Brigid's v St Mary's Aghagallon

Division two will include;

St Mary's Rasharkin

Cuchullian's Dunloy

Tir na nOg Randalstown

Patrick Sarsfield's

St Joseph's Glenavy

O' Donovan Rossa

St James Aldergrove

Kickham's Creggan

Creggan, Aldergrove and Rossa have all pulled out of that list above.

Dreen

Sooner we get back to Under12,14,16 and 18 the better and move minor games to away from Sundays as well.

barnish oggie

Quote from: Dreen on May 09, 2023, 02:39:53 PM
Sooner we get back to Under12,14,16 and 18 the better and move minor games to away from Sundays as well.

Hear Hear!

It would be good for the fixture organisers to consider that U15s have GCSEs as well.

This year they have matches during the exam timetable but all others their age, U17 boys, U16 girls have a break.

Probably a lack of forethought based on U14s not having exams and them using U15s as the comparable age group.

If we moved back to even ages, then U16 and U18 covers all those with serious exams so easier to plan a break.

Sportacus

You'd wonder who makes these decisions.

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on May 09, 2023, 02:26:54 PM

Ahogill v Kickham's ended in controversy Ahoghill led by a point a minute into time added.
Creggan lad was sanctioned by ref (Mc Dermott), refused to give name and the official terminated the game early.

CCC will adjudicate.......points awarded......and...???

Would ye whist

Is that really enough to terminate a game? :(

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 09, 2023, 04:13:09 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on May 09, 2023, 02:26:54 PM

Ahogill v Kickham's ended in controversy Ahoghill led by a point a minute into time added.
Creggan lad was sanctioned by ref (Mc Dermott), refused to give name and the official terminated the game early.

CCC will adjudicate.......points awarded......and...???