Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungSaff

In fairness st endas didn't have their county men tonight , wheras last week when they beat cargin they did I'd say Eastwood and Healy make some difference to that team

EOC1923

Quote from: ck on May 03, 2023, 10:09:33 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on May 03, 2023, 02:45:19 PM
Quote from: bannside on May 03, 2023, 02:01:57 PM
Yes. Most clubs have full decks available.
You will as you have no county men, everyone else is down their best players

What's happening at Cargin EOC? Hearing performances have been very poor.

Is there a more inconsistent team in Antrim that St.Endas over the past few years? Continue to blow hot and cold in the league and have delivered absolutely nothing in the Championship. They've been underdelivering big time based on the players they have.
We are missing a lot of players, 8 who started v glen last year plus Conhuir Johnston as well, but we should have seen the game out easily even with all that. Aghagallon missing their county men as well as E Walsh. It was a competitive game to be fair wouldn't begrudge them the victory. Just hope we can get everyone back in good time for the business end.

Lár na páirce 1

I think we will be meeting other later in the year very competitive game right to the end ,thought we should have went at least 6 up but the youngsters will learn and have to learn quickly how to close games out ,can't live off the shirt tails of greatness all your days ,time to step up is now.

bannside

Big win for Aghagallon in Toome with their usual party pooping last minute goal!!

We had a bit too much for St Brigids who will be a genuine contender at full strength later in the season when it matters most. Moneyglass Lamhs and Randalstown will be happy with their nights work too.

YoungSaff

How many of the new transfers were playing for st bridgits tonight ? Are any more back after derry u20s loss?

Saul goodman

Quote from: bannside on May 03, 2023, 10:42:02 PM
Big win for Aghagallon in Toome with their usual party pooping last minute goal!!

We had a bit too much for St Brigids who will be a genuine contender at full strength later in the season when it matters most. Moneyglass Lamhs and Randalstown will be happy with their nights work too.

It has been a very unpredictable league so far hard to call games week in week out with so many sides missing so many players week by week. St endas are great example. LD started very poorly but have turned out some good results of late

Anyone want to call the top 6 teams now ?

bannside

3 played full game YoungSaff.  Numbers 11, 13 and 14. Also had a midfielder who looked decent, think he might be called Meenagh. First time I think I've seen him.

Saul, I doubt if you'll get many takers for that. Everyone can beat everyone by the look of things.

breakingball

It's all about who can get a strong team out.

No stand out team at the minute, everyone beating everyone due to no county players etc

The race for top 6 is on because whoever ends up in bottom 7 it'll be a dog fight for survival.

At the minute no one is bad enough that you'll turn up and win without putting in a decent performance and no one is good enough to be feared.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: bannside on May 03, 2023, 10:53:19 PM
3 played full game YoungSaff.  Numbers 11, 13 and 14. Also had a midfielder who looked decent, think he might be called Meenagh. First time I think I've seen him.

Saul, I doubt if you'll get many takers for that. Everyone can beat everyone by the look of things.

Name them BS. There's that many of them it's hard to keep track. Did Matthew play? Has he definitely joined. Heard he was taking year off after Derry.

bannside

I had 4 sons playing WC - one marked 13, one marked 14. Will ask them in the morning what their names were, maybe there will be a Saffron Gael match report.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on May 04, 2023, 12:09:38 AM
I had 4 sons playing WC - one marked 13, one marked 14. Will ask them in the morning what their names were, maybe there will be a Saffron Gael match report.

What???!!! You didn't know them? And their famous da's? The SV lads will be on soon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PatShivGOAT

Quote from: bannside on May 03, 2023, 10:53:19 PM

Aye, was speaking to the Mrs there. She was saying Meenagh would be a cousin of Sean Cavanagh on his mothers side. Some sort of forgiveness to Brolly for Cavanagh methodically dragging men down back in the day? Who knows? Meenagh does the sound and audio for Brolly's new podcast. I believe he won the Omagh Marathon in 2013 and a Tyrone senior football medal in 2016.

NorthAntrim

Quote from: bannside on May 03, 2023, 02:46:22 PM
Stand corrected, county men not available.

Is it not strange that these lads can play hurling league on a sunday and cant play club FOOTBALL on the wednesday

country bumpkin

PG1 must be contenders for league having a full squad therein...
Cargin by contrast had fielded without Mc Cann bros 9 or 10 of regulars......
Does league matter in the present structure...?

barnish oggie

Quote from: YoungSaff on May 03, 2023, 10:21:18 PM
In fairness st endas didn't have their county men tonight , wheras last week when they beat cargin they did I'd say Eastwood and Healy make some difference to that team

They were 12 points down at half time so those players must be better than I thought!  ;D