Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Match of the day/evening at Toome ...Cargin dig deep to see off the spirited challenge of Moneyglass.....

Saffsof82

Have to say Moneyglass have surprised me this year, smiley flying at club level, could never understand why he could never make the break through at inter county, seemed to have all the attributes

EOC1923

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 19, 2023, 10:30:06 PM
Have to say Moneyglass have surprised me this year, smiley flying at club level, could never understand why he could never make the break through at inter county, seemed to have all the attributes
What way have they suprised you? They are doing what any team in their position would do and got really fit really early in an attempt to pick up points but they will most likely still be relegated. 

bannside

Bit unfair there EOC, any club goes to Toome and scores  2 -15 should be able to puck up enough points to finish mid table, sure let's wait and see. But no chance will they be relegated imo.

Wasn't at our game due to work commitments but from the couple of reports I got we have no excuses. St Endas are a decent outfit when at full strength and when they got a few points up did a good job of protecting that for the next hour.

Some second half from St Brigids, outscored Rossa away from home by 11 points, not many do that. Anybody at that want to comment, is this the start of the South Belfast charge??

Everyone beatable on the day...a club could win this league and still lose three or four games, that's how open Antrim club football is atm.

Saffrongael

Two U-20 Connacht titles in a row for Sligo, shows what's possible from "lesser" counties
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

jmcgdoire

Anyone at the Portglenone game? Any explanation for the loss?

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 20, 2023, 10:54:57 AM
Two U-20 Connacht titles in a row for Sligo, shows what's possible from "lesser" counties

Great going, I do think we are slowly catching up at underage levels, we don't get the hammerings we used to get.
Alot still needs to be done and I believe majority of it has to work through the schools.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on April 20, 2023, 10:17:28 AM
Bit unfair there EOC, any club goes to Toome and scores  2 -15 should be able to puck up enough points to finish mid table, sure let's wait and see. But no chance will they be relegated imo.

Wasn't at our game due to work commitments but from the couple of reports I got we have no excuses. St Endas are a decent outfit when at full strength and when they got a few points up did a good job of protecting that for the next hour.

Some second half from St Brigids, outscored Rossa away from home by 11 points, not many do that. Anybody at that want to comment, is this the start of the South Belfast charge??

Everyone beatable on the day...a club could win this league and still lose three or four games, that's how open Antrim club football is atm.
Wasn't being critical or disparaging, was just being realistic. Mglass a decent and very youthful team

InnocentByStander

MR2 I See you were over St Johns and Lavey last night sorry i mean St Brigids, Were any of the famous 5 playing???
They had been struggling in the league thus far just wondering what made the difference last night was it the county players or what???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: InnocentByStander on April 20, 2023, 11:46:32 AM
MR2 I See you were over St Johns and Lavey last night sorry i mean St Brigids, Were any of the famous 5 playing???
They had been struggling in the league thus far just wondering what made the difference last night was it the county players or what???

Rossa Naomh Brid  ;)

Nah never noticed, some late subs came on haven't looked

Rossa couldn't score second half and momentum with the South Belfast team

I don't think they made a difference if they did come on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

asaffgael

Going by SG Oran Downey started and Enda came on.

geezer

Good wins for galls, aghagallon, endas, lavey and ahoghill. Cargin as expected but seemed a tight affair.

Hard to predict games this year. Long may it continue.

barnish oggie

Quote from: asaffgael on April 20, 2023, 11:50:45 AM

And Oran got a goal.....would have thought that would be hard to miss unless MR2 is wanting to stay away from the gossip for a change!!  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on April 20, 2023, 03:23:53 PM
Quote from: asaffgael on April 20, 2023, 11:50:45 AM

And Oran got a goal.....would have thought that would be hard to miss unless MR2 is wanting to stay away from the gossip for a change!!  ;D

I wouldn't know these lads if they came in and sat down in front of me, I don't look at the names on the sheet either. Didn't realise they were famous  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

My da always laughs at this when watching county matches. He's like what is he asking the player there - what's your name lol. Umm David Clifford - sorry how do you spell that  ;D (doubt that is what is being said tbf  ;D)