Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realisticsaff

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 07, 2023, 02:03:16 PM
Quote from: shawshank on April 07, 2023, 12:43:45 PM
First thing that struck me was not a Cargin player is starting. A team who has taken 6 of the last 8 championships and put Glen to the pin of their collar a few months ago.

The 2nd thing that struck me was,  Casements have no starters either for a team who have been a top 4 team the past two seasons, none on the bench either.

Is it possible that 'Andy' only rates one individual  in the PG1 squad worthy of a jersey.....?

Or could it be PG1 are heading on another route......?

Hardly? Sure he's doing the job with 2 hands behind his back

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 07, 2023, 01:56:10 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on April 07, 2023, 12:50:13 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on April 07, 2023, 12:49:36 PM
Of all them clubs them boys are playing for, how many of them the starting 15 have got to an antrim championship semi final in the last 4/5 years?

And what?  One of the best players in an Antrim shirt in recent memory was Kevin Brady, no senior championship medals on his side board!

Brady was a class act...

Sportacus

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 07, 2023, 02:07:47 PM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 07, 2023, 01:56:10 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on April 07, 2023, 12:50:13 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on April 07, 2023, 12:49:36 PM
Of all them clubs them boys are playing for, how many of them the starting 15 have got to an antrim championship semi final in the last 4/5 years?

And what?  One of the best players in an Antrim shirt in recent memory was Kevin Brady, no senior championship medals on his side board!

Difference is Brady was surrounded by the best players in the county. Players from division 2 sides= 2 Cargin, Portglenone, Aghagallon and Creggan= 3 surely the best team have the best players or is that not a thing?
Not if the Armagh team is anything to go by.

Belfast GAA man

First thing that struck me was not a Cargin player is starting. A team who has taken 6 of the last 8 championships and put Glen to the pin of their collar a few months ago.

The 2nd thing that struck me was,  Casements have no starters either for a team who have been a top 4 team the past two seasons, none on the bench either.
Cargin boys rarely commit to Antrim

Sportacus

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 07, 2023, 10:54:30 PM

Shots fired.

imtommygunn

Good article in the Irish news about Chris lynch from ld today. He's working with the Australian soccer team today.

Btw is there a match on somewhere today... Hoping Armagh continue their last few bad games and we play like most games except Westmeath  ; Come on Antrim.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 08, 2023, 09:30:31 AM
Good article in the Irish news about Chris lynch from ld today. He's working with the Australian soccer team today.

Btw is there a match on somewhere today... Hoping Armagh continue their last few bad games and we play like most games except Westmeath  ; Come on Antrim.

The betting is +9 I think that's accurate enough for a Div 1 team playing a Div 3 team..

Not sure which Antrim team will turn up and how Armagh will go at this game feeling that Cavan is the main match going forward.

Will we try and be defensive? Think Armagh may want to come out very strong early doors, they've a big supporter base so they'll be looking to put on a show.

We need to at the very least match their intensity in the first 20 minutes and see where that takes us. But need to keep discipline otherwise it's curtain's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 07, 2023, 10:54:30 PM

As a wise man one said, "away and take your head for a shite mate"

Sportacus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2023, 10:45:50 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 08, 2023, 09:30:31 AM

The betting is +9 I think that's accurate enough for a Div 1 team playing a Div 3 team..

Not sure which Antrim team will turn up and how Armagh will go at this game feeling that Cavan is the main match going forward.

Will we try and be defensive? Think Armagh may want to come out very strong early doors, they've a big supporter base so they'll be looking to put on a show.

We need to at the very least match their intensity in the first 20 minutes and see where that takes us. But need to keep discipline otherwise it's curtain's
They can have all the supporters in the world, but they're nothing special.  I just hope our lads truly believe that.

NatSoSaff

I've already been ridiculed in my own home here during lunch time predictions, but I believe there will only be a kick of the ball between the teams at the end of the game this evening. Here's hoping we're on the right side.

EOC1923

All negative here but we were lucky the scoreboard didn't reflect the game there. Some positives like Conor Stewarts goal and our captains efforts but crazy decisions by the manager today, start a guy who wouldn't make a good division 1 club team then take him off after 20mins for example. I'd rather lose by 30 points and show some aggression and bite. We weren't expected to win and didn't win but that was brutally bad. As for Sean O Neill why would you even bother!

Milltown Row2

9 point handicap and that's how it panned out. Armagh never really got out of second gear.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrendanAntrim

Very poor, so much wrong there and not many positives at all. A depressing day, another one.

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2023, 06:53:35 PM
9 point handicap and that's how it panned out. Armagh never really got out of second gear.

8 with PP

Atrocious performance

Spike

Shocking and horrible performance against an armagh team in 2nd gear. Its the hope that kills you.  Mark Jordan only positive.  Hoping Andy has seen enough to know who.has the guts for championship football and who are just league heroes