Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

I'm in the minority who is liking the idea of 10am starts. Soccer and rugby have been playing early morning for years.

NatSoSaff

I agree Jim. Let lads have the rest of their day free to enjoy and spend time with friends and family.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: referee on March 04, 2023, 08:58:33 AM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on March 03, 2023, 09:11:40 PM
Between u17, senior and reserve....34 club games this Sunday. That's some undertaking
34 games/34 referees,so no shortice this weekend so what's the reason with 10am throw ins for Sen games on the 12th/19th weekends, especially when there are no res games or county games on those dates only u17 games at 12 o clock

Who's available to actually cover those games? I'm not doing games, others could be injured.. looking like lads will be double jobbing this Sunday
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

2 x Downey transfers from Lavey to St Brigids have been confirmed. Certainly won't do their prospects any harm.

NatSoSaff

Surely certs to avoid relegation now.

referee

ck

Quote from: bannside on March 04, 2023, 10:52:13 AM
2 x Downey transfers from Lavey to St Brigids have been confirmed. Certainly won't do their prospects any harm.

A very poor reflection on the Lavey club. What a mess.

ck

Quote from: JimStynes on March 04, 2023, 09:48:39 AM
I'm in the minority who is liking the idea of 10am starts. Soccer and rugby have been playing early morning for years.

Absolutely! It's a great move. From what I hear players are in general agreement also. Not so good for those who decide to have a few beers the night before  ;D

marty34

Quote from: JimStynes on March 04, 2023, 09:48:39 AM

10 am is the way to go.

Even at senior inter-county level, games should be a couple of hours earlier.

JimStynes

I like the thought of having all day to complain and give off about a referee rather than wait to around to 4 or 5 o'clock on a Sunday to start!

EOC1923

Left to concentrate on the March Div 1 league fixtures 🙈

JimStynes

Quote from: EOC1923 on March 04, 2023, 07:35:02 PM

Great to see them put the club first.

EOC1923

Surely there's a balance though

realisticsaff

Quote from: EOC1923 on March 04, 2023, 07:35:02 PM

Play for your club in the league on a Sunday or play for your county in a friendly away to meath in a nothing game on a Friday night i know what I'm picking

realisticsaff

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on March 05, 2023, 08:29:44 AM
Surely playing both games was an option?

The u20 lads are only able to play 1 half today