Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: JimStynes on February 07, 2023, 09:25:41 AM
Were minors, reserves and seniors not on Sundays last year as well?
Reserves was mostly Friday night I think, but minors and senior was definitely Sundays.

Sportacus

Quote from: realisticsaff on February 06, 2023, 11:08:33 PM
Quote from: delgany on February 06, 2023, 11:00:55 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on February 06, 2023, 10:46:01 PM

Well I hope all three options were thoroughly debated

I think we all know the answer to that

The Chair & Secretary basically denied the existence of  option 3. Ten minutes later, the Central Council delegate ( think hes Terry Reilly) informed county committee that option 3 was on the table ! Christ Almight ! Think he-'ll be next chair !
Also some confusion about  Reserve Football fixtures being played on a Sunday. You couldnt make it up tbh !!!

That's one hell of an insight into the state of decision making and democracy in our county.

north aontroim gael

The Chair & Secretary basically denied the existence of  option 3. Ten minutes later, the Central Council delegate ( think hes Terry Reilly) informed county committee that option 3 was on the table ! Christ Almight ! Think he-'ll be next chair !
Also some confusion about  Reserve Football fixtures being played on a Sunday. You couldnt make it up tbh !!!
[/quote]

Heard that as well. Current set-up have done a great job steadying finances within the County but I don't think any of them are close to day to day issues affecting clubs as there's not much PR that goes with it. It is difficult to get administrators who are good at both so we are left with issues like this.

country bumpkin

Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 07, 2023, 11:14:42 AM

Heard that as well. Current set-up have done a great job steadying finances within the County but I don't think any of them are close to day to day issues affecting clubs as there's not much PR that goes with it. It is difficult to get administrators who are good at both so we are left with issues like this.
[/quote]

Oliver Kelly, and Gerry Barry RIP.......looking down with wry smiles apiece.....

JimStynes

What sort of coin are these administrators on?

Truth hurts

Does it not make more sense to change in 2024 seeing all teams are back already? I think Antrim have made a wise move, teams can prepare for 2024.

barnish oggie

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 07, 2023, 12:19:40 PM
Does it not make more sense to change in 2024 seeing all teams are back already? I think Antrim have made a wise move, teams can prepare for 2024.

Think the wise move was to discuss it back in November when everyone knew it was going to be brought up and make the call then.

While officially the word didn't come from HQ to do it then, surely the county could have had to foresight to at least get everything in place should the situation arise.

Waiting until now, after clubs have started training was daft and unfortunately the wrong decision is the right one in this instance due to the timeframe.

johnnycool

So, in 2024, Antrim are reverting back to U18 as minor, but are they decoupling at 18 or 17?

Having U18 as minor and allowing the 18yo's to play adult was option 3.

NAG1

Quote from: country bumpkin on February 07, 2023, 11:38:18 AM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 07, 2023, 11:14:42 AM

Oliver Kelly, and Gerry Barry RIP.......looking down with wry smiles apiece.....
[/quote]

::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on February 07, 2023, 02:52:56 PM
So, in 2024, Antrim are reverting back to U18 as minor, but are they decoupling at 18 or 17?

Having U18 as minor and allowing the 18yo's to play adult was option 3.

What is happening at county level in minor?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

So Tyrone and Armagh have now both changed to even grades 12-18, with last year minors allowed to play senior. Baffling this option wasn't on the table for Antrim Gael's.

realisticsaff

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 07, 2023, 09:33:14 PM
So Tyrone and Armagh have now both changed to even grades 12-18, with last year minors allowed to play senior. Baffling this option wasn't on the table for Antrim Gael's.

#buildcasement

EOC1923

Quote from: realisticsaff on February 07, 2023, 09:52:33 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on February 07, 2023, 09:33:14 PM

#buildcasement
Lagging behind every other county as usual, but yeah build casement 😆

Saffsof82

Fermanagh stay u17 and Derry eventually cave in to give clubs a vote next week

Milltown Row2

Not all rosy in the other counties as there's clubs that trained as odd no age group and now reverting to even numbers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea