Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: NAG1 on January 06, 2023, 09:20:34 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on January 05, 2023, 04:12:20 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 05, 2023, 03:45:08 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on January 05, 2023, 02:25:59 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 05, 2023, 02:07:11 PM
One factor in the number of championship finalists is the age demographic. Croziers, McCanns , Johnstons etc are beyond county playing age.

As people said I wouldn't get too worried yet. Armagh are a level above us. Where we get to in division three is the key thing. I honestly think survival is a result and if we were to get near promotion it would be bonus territory.

Johnston's beyond county age...?

Mc Cann's pocketed championship medals again last year....Cargin handing out p45s.......Paul and Gerard 31.....and with Kevin Mc Shwith ane , Tomas and Mick....gonna get long rests......with John Carron

30+ scrap heap.....

Probably the reason why the county is where is at the moment, when this is the case.

No doubting the quality there in the players above, but when they 'pocketing' medals in that age profile it is a little concerning for the health of the talent within the county.

Hard to find logic for this N1.....when more than 50% of that 2022 wining panel.were under 25 and Cargin did collect back to back minor titles in 20 and 2021......

And those 'veterans' all played lead roles in Cargin's win over the Donegal champions, and gave Ulster club champions a real scare in the provincial semi final......?

You made my exact point, the Veterans were the boys who got you over the line in county and ulster competition. Which is great for you, but for the health of the county the fact that these guys are still among the top performers in the county should be a worry for any county manager.

As has been said here the county age profile is dropping and unfortunately these boys are now out of that age profile.

Am afraid Conor Mc Manus kicks your theory well wide of the posts.....
The Clontibret native is the same age as Mick Mc Cann..36 and not past his 'sell by' date, just yet...

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 07, 2023, 09:27:30 PM
Michael McCann is not 36! If he's not 38 he will be very soon.

Tells me he is 37 in June.....but so what class endures.........

Spike

The Clontibret native is the same age as Mick Mc Cann..36 and not past his 'sell by' date, just yet...
[/quote]

CB did you not realise that Duine Intreacht Eile is the only person allowed to spread incorrect information on Duneane natives?  Tsk tsk

Point taken though regarding age.  Players are taking better care of themselves to prolong their careers. In normal circumstances there are understudys to step up.  Hoping Antrim find such a group this year to carry us forward.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Spike on January 07, 2023, 10:23:09 PM

CB did you not realise that Duine Intreacht Eile is the only person allowed to spread incorrext information on Duneane natives?  Tsk tsk

Point taken though regarding age.  Players are taking better care of themselves to prolong their careers. In normal circumstances there is are understudys to step up.  Hoping Antrim find such a group this year to carry us forward.
[/quote]

Not sure bout that not from Duneane myself.....but I do know Mick would make any team in the county and cannot see any senior team refusing admittance to Paul Mc Cann, Tomas, Gerard, J Carron or Kevin Mc Shane.....

And can toss the Johnston boys in that mix.....

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 07, 2023, 11:03:18 PM
And for what it's worth, Conor McManus turned 35 in November.

And you weigh in behind the theory that footballers past the magical 30 number are past their 'sell by' date.....??

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 08, 2023, 10:54:55 AM
I don't.

I just don't understand why you had to make up a pile of shite to validate your own point. Especially when you were specifically criticising someone for being "well wide of the posts".

My point being.....no player is necessarily past their sell by date at 30......you don't agree....??

End of......

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 08, 2023, 01:15:07 PM
And you decided to spout lies in order to prove your point.

I answered that question previously btw.

Sin e.....

angermanagement

Who is the co commentator in the Antrim v Cavan match?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on January 08, 2023, 01:37:45 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 08, 2023, 01:15:07 PM
And you decided to spout lies in order to prove your point.

I answered that question previously btw.

Sin e.....

I'm confused is he 36 or 38?  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Just thinking watching this game, we could have been all heading to Croke in couple of weeks...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 08, 2023, 04:29:53 PM
Just thinking watching this game, we could have been all heading to Croke in couple of weeks...

What for, a tour ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

JimStynes

Antrim are crafty not showing their hand too soon  ::)

EOC1923

Quote from: JimStynes on January 08, 2023, 09:42:57 PM
Antrim are crafty not showing their hand too soon  ::)
Bannside, you are normally a glass half full man in terms of Antrim, what have you made of these two games

Milltown Row2

Cavan hammered us at Corrigan when it mattered with our so called best players.. this is the 8th of January so hopefully when the injuries clear up and dads army is recalled we'll be hammering teams come the league!

Lár na páirce 1

How Sean og O'Neill isn't on that Antrim team is an absolute shocker
Been on top form all year and everyone will agree he's some operator