Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Trouble up at Aghagallon...?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 03, 2022, 12:13:35 PM

You're worse that the aul woman who gossips at bingo ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 03, 2022, 12:53:30 PM

You're worse that the aul woman who gossips at bingo ffs

Do not frequent such events......guess u do...!!

JimStynes

Basically playing a B team this 2 months. Load of injuries and boys away. Will be lucky to stay in division 1 this year ffs.

country bumpkin

Quote from: JimStynes on June 03, 2022, 03:30:57 PM

Basically playing a B team this 2 months. Load of injuries and boys away. Will be lucky to stay in division 1 this year ffs.

Afraid Reserve team could not field tonight......bad for reigning county minor champs.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 03, 2022, 04:31:32 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 03, 2022, 03:30:57 PM

Afraid Reserve team could not field tonight......bad for reigning county minor champs.

Crazy all round it seems I did a game the other night one team scored 11 goals against a team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

I don't have the exact answer but reserve football is dying out. A lot of games conceded as the season goes on. Maybe if teams have a strong enough 2nd strong enter the team in one of the lower divisions. It's then a serious team rather than a gather up which reserve football usually is. I think St Galls have maybe done it this year, we did it the 2000s until they powers that be stopped us entering the intermediate and junior championships.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on June 03, 2022, 05:41:09 PM
I don't have the exact answer but reserve football is dying out. A lot of games conceded as the season goes on. Maybe if teams have a strong enough 2nd strong enter the team in one of the lower divisions. It's then a serious team rather than a gather up which reserve football usually is. I think St Galls have maybe done it this year, we did it the 2000s until they powers that be stopped us entering the intermediate and junior championships.

We done it in hurling and football this year and like yourselves years ago also, there's a target at least of regular games against 'senior' teams as for the championship I still feel you should be entered as it's far more competitive than a reserve championship, and should a second/third win I've no problems with them not participating in the Ulster championship and a team nominated.

We won a junior hurling final years ago with players that wouldn't have been starters or even subs on or senior team, the party was as big as a senior title

Saffsof82

Hearing Dom Corrigans name mentioned in relation to senior football manager

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffsof82 on June 06, 2022, 11:12:32 PM

Hugh Mc Gettigan/Brian White and Ross Carr mentioned.....in despatches.

Dunsilly King

Would be an excellent appointment. Constantly at the winners podium

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 07, 2022, 03:54:13 PM
Hugh Mc Gettigan/Brian White and Ross Carr mentioned.....in despatches.

An appointment of car crash proportions. no

paddyjohn

Heard Damien Cassidy/McNultys/Joe Cassidy and John McKeever in as a dream team.

bannside

Lol Paddyjohn. Damien committed to Wolfe Tones for 5 years or something, he is only halfway through year one. And JMK going nowhere, he's ok where he is!

Lots of credible names floating around, including a few biggies that haven't been mentioned on here - but this process will only start for real when you see what names the club's put forward before June 10th. Plus, county officers are free to get active too and I would be fairly sure they will be as ambitious as anyone.

As I said before, we won't be stuck.

marty34

Would Mickey Moran even be tempted into managing a county?

Antrim would be handy enough for him, distance wise, in comparsion to the Kilcoo gig.

Have the training in Portglenone.

imtommygunn

I wouldn't be convinced Moran is in great health. He has got very frail. That may be wrong but definitely looking at him for Kilcoo I think age at least is taking it's toll.