Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would ye whist

Is this the same referee's boss who overseen a mini riot in the minor game between MGlass and St Brigids?

Quote from: EOC1923 on May 26, 2022, 03:47:05 PM
Quote from: bannside on May 26, 2022, 12:19:06 PM
Any thoughts on our contest with Leitrim on Saturday? See PP have us as firm favourites at 4/7.
Lets hope for an Antrim win, we could do with a boost. The way things have turned out with Leitrim at home its a 50/50

country bumpkin

Quote from: Would ye whist on May 26, 2022, 04:45:28 PM
Is this the same referee's boss who overseen a mini riot in the minor game between MGlass and St Brigids?

Was indeed........the ref who was in the middle in that one....

Did not hear about 'mini riot.'.......
Any thoughts on our contest with Leitrim on Saturday? See PP have us as firm favourites at 4/7.
Lets hope for an Antrim win, we could do with a boost. The way things have turned out with Leitrim at home its a 50/50

bannside

Agree, it's 50/50. Never much between these teams, and I'm not convinced Antrim have improved as much as some people think. Be happy to toast a victory of any kind on Saturday night and move into the quarters with some kind of momentum.

ck

Quote from: bannside on May 26, 2022, 12:36:39 PM
Yea we've had a few dropouts but sure that's why managers call in 30 players at the start of the year. There's will always be one or two walk aways or injuries. Most counties will be experiencing the same.

Anyone know for certain who has dropped off and who has come in?

Milltown Row2

Some craic with the ref battering...

Obviously haven't read the book, how to win friends and influence people for dummies
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Saffron Gael has an interview with Enda and the list of in and outs is fairly well covered.

It will start 15 v 15 and that's what matters. There's no point in talking about who's not there.

country bumpkin

So we do have a good few referees in our county who are very good I deed at their chosen profession.
But sorry to say that we also employ a few 'who have huge egos' and are not as proficient..

In fact they would suggest that those onlookers who do 'spot the difference as being 'a bit soft in the head'.

Would ye whist

Ah come on MR2 it is a bit of baiting nothing else

Reffing I have no doubt is the toughest job on the pitch with the least amount of thanks or praise. Those who think you boys do it for the money are not near it, you would get more working in a Spar or a bar for a few hours than for reffing

Keep up the average work  ;)

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2022, 10:54:01 PM

Some craic with the ref battering...

Obviously haven't read the book, how to win friends and influence people for dummies

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: bannside on May 26, 2022, 11:28:19 PM
Saffron Gael has an interview with Enda and the list of in and outs is fairly well covered.

It will start 15 v 15 and that's what matters. There's no point in talking about who's not there.

Thats a significant level of absentees....hard to see how it won't have impact on performance

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on May 27, 2022, 09:58:28 AM
Quote from: bannside on May 26, 2022, 11:28:19 PM

Do some boys tink they are too good for?
Thats a significant level of absentees....hard to see how it won't have impact on performance

imtommygunn

I have a feeling Leitrim will beat us but hope I am very wrong.

Tbf a lot are injuries too. Massive time commitment if you believe the tournament is a waste of time which many from many counties do.

Still if it could get us a win or two and build a bit of confidence back it would be great.

bannside

As far as I know there is really only one person missing because of injury. And every county will have one or two on the treatment table.

This is a 50/50 game that we need to be winning..are Antrim too big NOT to be placing some kind of priority on this? Or are we now saying the Tailltean Cup is above a realistic aspiration too? I mean should Leitrim be taking it more seriously than us, and if so WHY?

Go win the game and see where it takes us!

Would ye whist

If only one is really injured who are the others who are feigning injury/using it as an excuse?

Quote from: bannside on May 27, 2022, 03:40:56 PM
As far as I know there is really only one person missing because of injury. And every county will have one or two on the treatment table.

This is a 50/50 game that we need to be winning..are Antrim too big NOT to be placing some kind of priority on this? Or are we now saying the Tailltean Cup is above a realistic aspiration too? I mean should Leitrim be taking it more seriously than us, and if so WHY?

Go win the game and see where it takes us!

Spike

it is a real pity the GAA didnt try to hype the competition up correctly.  Has started off on the wrong foot already.   it was sold as a Joe McDonagh but delivered as a Tommy Murphy.  Hopefully next year they'll try a bit harder

bannside

Mick's out because of injury, don't think there are any others missing for this reason!

According to the SG article Enda is very impressed with what the 5 x under 20s have brought to the squad. He's the man who makes the calls....be interesting to see if any of them feature tomorrow.

I'm in two minds about going. Long drive there and back with it being televised! Really wouldn't mind seeing the starting team, that might help make the mind up.