Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erinsboy

I thought the plan was to build a terrace on the other side of Corrigan this year bringing the capacity up to over 5k.Has this plan been shelved or put back?
Obviously playing at Corrigan is adventages for us but playing at Owenbeg would be our next best option if we are forced to play at another venue,it definitely shouldn't be a home game for Cavan.
I'm thinking at some stage the GAA is going till call someones bluff with these altimatives and the game will have to be conceded, although it would be very unfair if it was Antrim with the predicament we have found ourselves in.

imtommygunn

This is a pain in the ass. This is one I genuinely think we can win and I haven't thought that on many Antrim ulster championship matches...

bannside

I think Flanker is on the money here. By all accounts Cavan sprung this proposal at short notice, obviously with their own canvassing in place behind the scenes. Short notice to potential objecting parties. This is cute hoorism at its best....Niall Tobin wasn't too far away.

Exactly ITG. No guarantee we will win this anywhere, but we have a much greater chance if it's played at Corrigan. It's a no brainer.

Corrigan or Nowhere.

toby47

Quote from: Man Marker on March 10, 2022, 09:14:00 PM
I tell you what, Antrim need to make a stand on this and refuse to field unless the home fixture is honoured. No ifs or buts, stand steadfast

Completely agree. Forget about owenbeg and elsewhere. Make a stand. Casement is out of action, Corrigan is your home and you were drew to play at home regardless.

Bullsh*t move by Cavan, hope their stuffed in the rest of the games they play this year. Would he completely embarrassed to be a member of the Cavan panel, management or county board.

Sportacus

Pretty pathetic from Cavan.  Lack of integrity.  The game should be all ticket at Corrigan and not that many people will be let down.  Then sort Casement out once and for all with a redrawn plan for an Athletic Grounds style home stadium with a good atmosphere.  And all the ego merchants who want their big trophy should stand back, it's unaffordable now never mind all the other problems.

bannside

Nothing to lose by withdrawing from Ulster championship if Cavan don't forfeit their sneakily ill gotten gain. I'd say proper Cavan Gaels arnt in support of this at all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on March 10, 2022, 11:00:57 PM
Nothing to lose by withdrawing from Ulster championship if Cavan don't forfeit their sneakily ill gotten gain. I'd say proper Cavan Gaels arnt in support of this at all.

Surely there are other punishments that'll follow should they refuse to play?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Adopt campaign strategy of Kildare GAA ...Newbridge or Nowhere, get it started...it shows Cavan must be wetting themselves about getting bate, though.

bannside

The precedent was set in Newbridge Delgany. We just need to show the same resilience. This is a ridiculous situation and CMC needs to be in the front row facing this thing down.

Saffsof82

Totally right Bannside, strong leadership needed now, our County board are too quiet on this, should be shouting from the rafters

Dreen

The CB needs to stand firm on this but questions have to be asked on what goes on at Ulster council.

whatwillbwillb

Where is our Director of Football!!! Surely he along with the CB should be all over the media on this.. or are they waiting until elections get closer?

rogercasement

Totally agree Bannside, in fact a bit of a siege mentality could do us good in the run in to Div 3.
Pull out if not Corrigan, it will get rest of country (apart from those who voted with Cavan) behind us!

bannside

100% RC. Nothing to lose here. What grinds my gears is Ulster Council even facilitating Cavans request for a vote. This should have been kicked out long before it got to that stage. To think that Ulster Council are complicit in the reason we haven't a larger facility at present only serves to compound this matter.

If it's not going to be played at Casement CMC and Co board should seek approval of team management and panel to withdraw from this year's competition.

If there's no integrity in sport it becomes not worth doing.

Casement Or Nowhere.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on March 11, 2022, 06:14:27 AM
Where is our Director of Football!!! Surely he along with the CB should be all over the media on this.. or are they waiting until elections get closer?

Hopefully he's directing football matters rather than pitch arrangements which in the long run needs to be improved at all levels.

Let the county board and those that have been brought in lately (on to the committee) who have great skills within business to change matters

If not successful take Cavan to Owenbeg away as far as you can get from Cavan
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea