Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: rogercasement on December 19, 2021, 09:41:48 PM
7th
The 4 I mentioned, LD, Brigids then us.

Why would you put brigids above you? That makes no sense. Three semis in a row vs never in a semi, or maybe once, but they are above you?? Are you an agent sent to dampen down bs's expectations  ;D

erinsboy

Maybe my glass is half empty after this season but I think Creggan would be favourites next year then Cargin , Creggan should have Quinn and Small back and a FIT Burke! while not much changes for Cargin only Mick,Justy,Close,Tomas get a year older and the youth are still a bit inexperienced for the big games .For me Creggan have to be favourites then Cargin and possibly st John's (if they commit to football) the rest are a bit behind IMO, there is little between half a dozen or so of them and on any given day they could beat each other.If new management can change this it remains to be seen but the quantity of talent needs to be there for a manager to work with and we will have to wait until next year to see if the rest can close the gap.

Flanker

7th

So 3rd in league
Beat LD in quarter final
Over 2 games with St Brids Agregate +10 points
3 semis in a row
Best in class S&C
Consistent posts from PG1 posters that were under performing
Indication of dissatisfaction with management
Senior players dropping out of County squad & fully committed to PG1
JMK brought home to take things up a level

Must take up this management if the expectation is to be 7th in the pecking order and regress. Might even get a few ££*as well  Don't tell BGAAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Flanker on December 19, 2021, 10:09:17 PM
7th

So 3rd in league
Beat LD in quarter final
Over 2 games with St Brids Agregate +10 points
3 semis in a row
Best in class S&C
Consistent posts from PG1 posters that were under performing
Indication of dissatisfaction with management
Senior players dropping out of County squad & fully committed to PG1
JMK brought home to take things up a level

Must take up this management if the expectation is to be 7th in the pecking order and regress. Might even get a few ££*as well  Don't tell BGAAM

His predictions are shit, he said Creggan wouldn't be 6 points near CE!

Hopefully he stays away from the bookies
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

Why do I put st brigids above us? Well let's go with the last time we met, they schooled us. We lost to Ahoghill FFS, only thing we did in championship is beat a poor LD who were understrength! No justification in being top 4.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 19, 2021, 07:56:17 PM
What odds a belfast team winning senior championship next year ?

Quite.lengthy in football but a tad shorter in hurling....but who can tell......lotta twists and turns probably await....

geezer

Cargin
Creggan
LD
Aghagallon
PG1

Thats the order.

Creggan will be better with Small and Quinn back but i still think Cargin are slightly the better team. Not much between them though. 2 great teams.

Not having st brids at all, flatter to deceive. When push comes to shove id take most senior teams against them, and thats including Ahoghill (no disrespect)

St johns could come into it if they just concentrate on football but cant see that happening.

Any of those 5 teams could win it next year but obviously Cargin anf Creggan are the top 2 teams in the county.

JimStynes

Quote from: erinsboy on December 19, 2021, 10:06:44 PM
Maybe my glass is half empty after this season but I think Creggan would be favourites next year then Cargin , Creggan should have Quinn and Small back and a FIT Burke! while not much changes for Cargin only Mick,Justy,Close,Tomas get a year older and the youth are still a bit inexperienced for the big games .For me Creggan have to be favourites then Cargin and possibly st John's (if they commit to football) the rest are a bit behind IMO, there is little between half a dozen or so of them and on any given day they could beat each other.If new management can change this it remains to be seen but the quantity of talent needs to be there for a manager to work with and we will have to wait until next year to see if the rest can close the gap.

St. John's looked seriously unfit when I watched them in certain games. A few lads running about carrying a stone weight, which you don't really see at senior football anymore. A big commitment by them could maybe see them challenge. I said the other week too that Rossa have plenty of good footballers too but don't see to commit to football. 

The biggest crime for Creggan is if they don't push on and win another 1 or 2 championships. It'll be interesting to see what sort of hunger they have to go again. They seemed happy with their lot when they beat us. I believe their captain went away on holidays and only arrived back a day before the Clann Eireann game. Not great preparation for a run in ulster.

rogercasement

The difference between Johnnies and other Belfast sides is they would go into any game believing they can win, not sure that mentality exists with anymore of our city dwelling chums.

Spike

A lot on here seem very quick to ignore or write off Lamh Dearg.  Still have some very dangerous players

erinsboy

Lamh Dearg seem to fell back a bit from where they where a few years ago ,also don't seem to have much coming through at underage ,bit of a problem for alot of city teams at the minute!.

JimStynes

Quote from: erinsboy on December 20, 2021, 04:51:51 PM
Lamh Dearg seem to fell back a bit from where they where a few years ago ,also don't seem to have much coming through at underage ,bit of a problem for alot of city teams at the minute!.

Did LD not have a good few missing this year? Kevin Quinn seems to be always injured. He's the most overrated footballer ever though.

paddyjohn

Quote from: JimStynes on December 20, 2021, 04:57:39 PM
Quote from: erinsboy on December 20, 2021, 04:51:51 PM

Did LD not have a good few missing this year? Kevin Quinn seems to be always injured. He's the most overrated footballer ever though.

Bit personal there I think.

BigBallWeeBall

SW clubs had a clean sweep in Antrim football but a very poor return for Ulster games. 1 Victory from 4 games is.... Disappointing is not a strong enough word IMO

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on December 21, 2021, 03:45:05 PM
SW clubs had a clean sweep in Antrim football but a very poor return for Ulster games. 1 Victory from 4 games is.... Disappointing is not a strong enough word IMO

So in ulster club it's
SW - 1
Belfast - 0

Still a victory for the SW, unless my maths is wrong
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012