Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on November 19, 2021, 04:57:10 PM
Marty Johnston player of the championship for me.
I'm with you here BS, how he didn't get in that team amazes me

geezer

Suppose they had to have a token city player in the team. How decky lynch got in is beyond me.

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 19, 2021, 05:05:43 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 19, 2021, 04:57:10 PM
Marty Johnston player of the championship for me.
I'm with you here BS, how he didn't get in that team amazes me

bannside

Odhran Mc Larnon was superb in the two matches I saw at least (semi and final) and got on more ball than anyone else on the pitch. How he didn't get a nomination makes me wonder about the whole validity of this thing.

I want to support it and see it as good promotion of our games, but it needs tweaking or it will lose credibility very quickly.

rogercasement

Harsh on the St Comgalls lads too.

geezer

Were the saffron gael reporters asked for input?

country bumpkin

Quote from: geezer on November 19, 2021, 06:14:49 PM
Were the saffron gael reporters asked for input?

Yep....three nominations from each the three grades.....

A panel reduced such to three per position....

Final decision made by public casting their vote per position....

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on November 19, 2021, 06:06:33 PM
Odhran Mc Larnon was superb in the two matches I saw at least (semi and final) and got on more ball than anyone else on the pitch. How he didn't get a nomination makes me wonder about the whole validity of this thing.

I want to support it and see it as good promotion of our games, but it needs tweaking or it will lose credibility very quickly.
Anything with Brendan Crossan involved will be called into question, not one notion about Gaelic football or hurling does he have.

stiffler

How decky lynch got the nod over Martin Johnson is baffling. Did this go by public vote or a judging committee?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

country bumpkin

Quote from: stiffler on November 19, 2021, 06:28:27 PM
How decky lynch got the nod over Martin Johnson is baffling. Did this go by public vote or a judging committee?

Public vote.....I

geezer

I dare say marty johnston got the majority of the votes but would have been embarrassing for not 1 city player to make it. Both johnston and mclarnon should be there.

Nonetheless, its a nice reward for the players and can only be a good thing going forward.

My only suggestion is to have it in the elk of the wild duck, its not fair making 15 SW players travel to Belfast for years to come 😀

Milltown Row2

Quote from: geezer on November 19, 2021, 06:35:37 PM
I dare say marty johnston got the majority of the votes but would have been embarrassing for not 1 city player to make it. Both johnston and mclarnon should be there.

Nonetheless, its a nice reward for the players and can only be a good thing going forward.

My only suggestion is to have it in the elk of the wild duck, its not fair making 15 SW players travel to Belfast for years to come 😀

Think the Elk has bad enough publicity lately
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: geezer on November 19, 2021, 06:35:37 PM

What's wrong with Derryhirk?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 19, 2021, 06:31:49 PM
He works for Sinn Fein....

Hopefully he doesn't get paid. I thought they were all volunteers also 👀

rogercasement

The very nature of club championship football means it impossible for anyone to see all games at any level.  This is obviously just a publicity stunt and should be treated as such, maybe make more sense to have a senior intermediate and junior team.

Milltown Row2

Can't believe actual adults are complaining about opinions from reporters on games!? Seriously
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea