Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: bannside on November 17, 2021, 03:12:27 PM
LOL Jim, you're cracking me up. Even the dogs in the street know he's a better boxer than footballer.

Hardy wee player though. Loves the ruff stuff!

BealnaBlath

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 15, 2021, 10:37:45 PM
Quote from: BealnaBlath on November 15, 2021, 10:26:19 PM
I thought the Shivers one strange as well. Think Tomas and KOBO abojt right though. I'm probably being harsh on Conor, I thought they would have selected him regardless. The hurling all stars were similarly confusing.

Believe it's group of journalist selects the shortlist. Ballymena got to Intermidate final and noting, beat Dunloy handy in a semi and yet they have player in it..

Nothing to lose sleep over, but nice to see a proper selection of football/hurling people chose them. I'm sure a big deal will be made of it and nice for the winners.

Anyhow, any further mgt developments? My info I was gave few weeks ago seems to be still up in the air! Fun time of the year . We need a machine on Belfast GAA man's heart when he sees the outside managers getting jobs fro expenses, must say though he/she is great craic on this, always honest and sticks to principals- esp being a McCooey!

Ballymena have new men apparently and so do Glenravel. White smoke in Cargin & Portglenone over the next few days.

The two younger coaches going there PJ as I had posted a while ago? Boy from Hannahstown who was at Ballymena before and Moneyglass boy who was with under20s and Johnnies to Glenravel is what I heard last time I was chatting to someone who would have fingers on pulse. Plenty of good men within both club to take them though I would have thought? Great potential in both teams up here in both codes actually I think. Great to see.

Calm Down

Great appointment for Cargin there, the man who many believe was the de facto tactician and the magic behind their recent successes

Lár na páirce 1

Some appointed alright, Cargin have just upped the ante here, by all accounts an unbelievable football brain, wonder now about rest of his team, 2022 is going to be another great championship
PG1 to announce next?

geezer

LD or st johns made an appointment yet?

antrimman667

Quote from: BealnaBlath on November 17, 2021, 03:27:11 PM
I thought the Shivers one strange as well. Think Tomas and KOBO abojt right though. I'm probably being harsh on Conor, I thought they would have selected him regardless. The hurling all stars were similarly confusing.

Believe it's group of journalist selects the shortlist. Ballymena got to Intermidate final and noting, beat Dunloy handy in a semi and yet they have player in it..

Nothing to lose sleep over, but nice to see a proper selection of football/hurling people chose them. I'm sure a big deal will be made of it and nice for the winners.

Anyhow, any further mgt developments? My info I was gave few weeks ago seems to be still up in the air! Fun time of the year . We need a machine on Belfast GAA man's heart when he sees the outside managers getting jobs fro expenses, must say though he/she is great craic on this, always honest and sticks to principals- esp being a McCooey!

Ballymena have new men apparently and so do Glenravel. White smoke in Cargin & Portglenone over the next few days.

The two younger coaches going there PJ as I had posted a while ago? Boy from Hannahstown who was at Ballymena before and Moneyglass boy who was with under20s and Johnnies to Glenravel is what I heard last time I was chatting to someone who would have fingers on pulse. Plenty of good men within both club to take them though I would have thought? Great potential in both teams up here in both codes actually I think. Great to see.

whos the man?? mcGettigan?

country bumpkin

So why post that DK.....big spoon in hand...?

Milltown Row2

Now, how will Creggan do in two weeks?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dunsilly King

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 18, 2021, 10:35:35 AM

Man its not a big spoon. CM obviously didn't know what a manger sometimes has to do. Thats it. I'll delete it. MR2 you delete it as well.

Calm Down

Quote from: Dunsilly King on November 18, 2021, 10:39:47 AM

Man its not a big spoon. CM obviously didn't know what a manger sometimes has to do. Thats it. I'll delete it. MR2 you delete it as well.

Deleted my comment also

toby47

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on November 17, 2021, 05:28:42 PM
Some appointed alright, Cargin have just upped the ante here, by all accounts an unbelievable football brain, wonder now about rest of his team, 2022 is going to be another great championship
PG1 to announce next?

I heard his brother is involved. Not sure what capacity though, don't think he's ever been involved in a team before.

BealnaBlath

Quote from: antrimman667 on November 18, 2021, 10:11:04 AM
Quote from: BealnaBlath on November 17, 2021, 03:27:11 PM

Nothing to  :D lose sleep over, but nice to see a proper selection of football/hurling people chose them. I'm sure a big deal will be made of it and nice for the winners.

whos the man?? mcGettigan?

Not mcgettigan, this boy from Moneyglass and part of johnnies before and the background of un20 apparently. Not too sure on the name chief. Sorry.

Lár na páirce 1

JimStynes

Quote from: Calm Down on November 18, 2021, 10:48:55 AM
Quote from: Dunsilly King on November 18, 2021, 10:39:47 AM

Deleted my comment also

Deleted mine too

JimStynes

Quote from: geezer on November 18, 2021, 10:01:56 AM
LD or st johns made an appointment yet?

Are Belfast teams going to play next year? I thought football was dead in the city?