Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffsof82

Quote from: Calm Down on November 15, 2021, 10:49:40 AM
Well what a day, waking up and realising that after years and years of hope we got over the line.

I felt our game plan was perfect all year never mind yesterday, we built up all year and peaked at the right time. Half back line and the tenacity in the tackle in general was unbelievable and what we were missing in the recent years.

@CB I sought you out after the game but couldn't see you, ah well

It was great to this Creggan team fulfilling their potential, wee Gerard had an excellent game plan and the players carried it out to perfection. Congratulations to all in Creggan.

country bumpkin

Jeez, really sorry I massed you.....bit of a habit, sure I missed your good self after the final last year....
And possibly after next year's decider.....

rogercasement

Just out of interest where would the Creggan boys drink??

Calm Down

I'd say there is a good chance you will get them down in Marrons today

It's ok CB I get it you got caught up in celebrating with your family and many friends from Creggan, easy to get caught up on the euphoria

JimStynes

Quote from: Calm Down on November 15, 2021, 12:25:56 PM

It's ok CB I get it you got caught up in celebrating with your family and many friends from Creggan, easy to get caught up on the euphoria

Would you two boys not just go bare bellies in a car park up round Toome and fight it all out. Traveller style video as well.

country bumpkin

Certainly, better than burning flags and emblems and even taking negativity out on a poor minion.

Cargin have been in 21 county senior finals over the past 47 years and enduring defeat in 11.....

Learn from the experience, and having refuge to Mr Mac Namee on ten occassions thus far maybe he may well come a visiting again.....

country bumpkin

Certainly, better than burning flags and emblems and even taking negativity out on a poor minion.

Cargin have been in 21 county senior finals over the past 47 years and enduring defeat in 11.....

Learn from the experience, and having refuge to Mr Mac Namee on ten occassions thus far maybe he may well come a visiting again.....

Milltown Row2

One team must be cursing their luck this year has to be the Johnnies, they probably gave Creggan their hardest game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Creggan struggled with St Johns surely, had to do it all themselves that day

Milltown Row2

The gift that keeps giving, I'm so glad you are over it now ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NJacko

A disappointing game yesterday, conditions were never going to help on that front. Odhran McLarnon was excellent in both defence and attack in his sweeping role. Covered some amount of ground and was effective in possession. Kevin Small was also very impressive. Aghgallon's main men never got going and are probably a couple of years off the maturity of that Creggan team both physically and in terms of big game decision making. Armagh was always going to be a good draw in first round of Ulster for whoever came out of Antrim. Good chance of an Ulster semi now. I'd be of the same mind as a few previous contributors in that I cant see anyone, barring maybe Kilcoo, stopping this Glen team.

Calm Down

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 15, 2021, 12:38:33 PM

Calm down CB you are going to push yourself over the edge, the rage is causing you to double post

bannside

Hopefully O Boyles will put up a new grandstand for their own club PJ Iol. Outstanding clubmen in every regard.

All we need now is the confirmation of John McKeever to finally come home and take things round here to the next level.

Lár na páirce 1

Creggan worthy champions for this year,
Aghagallon maybe a few years off it yet but done well to get to a final albeit on easy side of the draw,
I'd imagine Cargin will be back stronger than ever next season with new management.
Can Creggan get a win for Antrim in ulster, not so sure, home draw helps.

bannside

Welcome Lar. Indeed, next few years should be very interesting. Whether it's realistic or not, at least 6 or 8 clubs will give themselves some kind of a chance. The standard is levelling off, great for lots of competitive encounters, but no one going to trouble Glen or Kilcoo any time soon.