Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodger Mona

Not sure about that country bumpkin i thought i seen Jamie McCann slotting 1 or 2 over from half back...

country bumpkin

Quote from: Rodger Mona on November 11, 2021, 10:22:05 PM
Not sure about that country bumpkin i thought i seen Jamie McCann slotting 1 or 2 over from half back...

Nope, Young Mc Cann is quite at home in attack mode, but in this one his four points came from free kicks.
Never missed any.

123Bigball

Also recall Ruairi mc Cann scoring from play (last score of game) along with Jamie MC Cann kicking 1 from play and Kevin Smalls 3 all coming from play. Throw in Conor MC Cann at midfield kicking 2 from play and Marty Johnston's 1. That's 9 out of the 16 scores from play CB. Were you at the game or going by other people's reports

Milltown Row2

Jesus!! someone is still sore
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: 123Bigball on November 11, 2021, 11:56:39 PM
Also recall Ruairi mc Cann scoring from play (last score of game) along with Jamie MC Cann kicking 1 from play and Kevin Smalls 3 all coming from play. Throw in Conor MC Cann at midfield kicking 2 from play and Marty Johnston's 1. That's 9 out of the 16 scores from play CB. Were you at the game or going by other people's reports

Was at the game, painful memory but still beg to differ.

Was of the opinion Conor Mc Cann had the last score and was possibly a bit traumatised at the time.
But u do need to read my post again because Kevin Small, the aforementioned Conor and Martin Johnston were employed as mid fielders and central defender respectively...

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2021, 07:38:48 AM
Jesus!! someone is still sore

'Sore'....?
Not at all, have friends and relations, as well as near neighbours involved, and supporting Kickham's as well as good friends up the other side of the Lough.

My own club has opened a splendid new facility and a positive announcement from Cargin is imminent.

Would rather have a quiet chat on how your club assembled a really good under 20 side leaving aside the majority of an excellent minor team 2019.
Cannot figure out why only a small number from that u20 team failed to make an extended senior panel...

Saffsof82

Have to agree with CB, Galls have an excellent u20 side and how a number of those lads didnt feature in the senior championship is baffling, think mccaffrey the only one.

Milltown Row2

You'd have to ask the manager on that one, managers call those shots. Some managers get it right and some don't. But it's their call and that has to be respected, they have the inside view on these things

I did an under 20 game recently and Cargin were missing a few under 20's. Saving them for senior and stopping them playing their age group.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2021, 08:49:25 AM
You'd have to ask the manager on that one, managers call those shots. Some managers get it right and some don't. But it's their call and that has to be respected, they have the inside view on these things

I did an under 20 game recently and Cargin were missing a few under 20's. Saving them for senior and stopping them playing their age group.

And not even named on a panel.....to gain in the atmosphere of experience....
Can we call antipate seeing those talented young men in senior roles in the blue and white....

Milltown must anticipate the return of Mr Mac Namee in the very near future...even without more than a few from a v good 2019 under 18s absent...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 12, 2021, 09:46:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2021, 08:49:25 AM

And not even named on a panel.....to gain in the atmosphere of experience....
Can we call antipate seeing those talented young men in senior roles in the blue and white....

Milltown must anticipate the return of Mr Mac Namee in the very near future...even without more than a few from a v good 2019 under 18s absent...

I can't imagine us winning any more Ulster titles or All Irelands for a while yet, that feat has been handed over to other teams to try and pursue, though I'd be happy if they could at least get past the first round.

Back to basics for us, one half decent under 20 team won't win seniors, and gaining experience of being hammered by Cargin wouldn't be top of my list of helping kids.

Have you worked out how Cargin scored 127 points through the groups stages and quarter final and only managed 2 frees in the second half against Creggan?

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2021, 10:18:53 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 11, 2021, 09:48:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2021, 09:25:43 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 11, 2021, 09:23:41 PM
did aghagallon get beat a couple of times in the group stages and Creggan are undefeated? that and Creggan beating Cargin would make them More deserving winners to me

Deserving?
get a dictionary or google it

I know what it means.

You're saying Creggan deserve it for beating St Galls twice, Gorts once and Cargin, St Mary's won 4 games in the group stages so have come through a tougher group. As only 2 from four went through rather than 2 from three (in Creggans group) when one team didn't play one of their games!

Not sure on your deserving statement.
Ok not a big deal but Agha lost 2 matches in group and beat St Brigids & PG1 to get to final is hardly an impressive run to final

geezer

Surely st marys beating a pg1 team that has lost 3 semis in a row after et is impressive no?

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 12, 2021, 04:42:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2021, 10:18:53 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 11, 2021, 09:48:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2021, 09:25:43 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 11, 2021, 09:23:41 PM
did aghagallon get beat a couple of times in the group stages and Creggan are undefeated? that and Creggan beating Cargin would make them More deserving winners to me

Deserving?
get a dictionary or google it

I know what it means.

You're saying Creggan deserve it for beating St Galls twice, Gorts once and Cargin, St Mary's won 4 games in the group stages so have come through a tougher group. As only 2 from four went through rather than 2 from three (in Creggans group) when one team didn't play one of their games!

Not sure on your deserving statement.
Ok not a big deal but Agha lost 2 matches in group and beat St Brigids & PG1 to get to final is hardly an impressive run to final

bannside

A Portglenone team that beat St Johns, St Galls and Lamh Dhearg in recent seasons is entitled to a little respect.

Having said that, this year PG1 were a pale shadow of themselves, even their biggest supporters were attending games more in hope than expectation these last few months! The set up was stale from a long way back.

When you are beaten three times in championship action in one season you don't deserve to win anything. We believe the players are here, they badly need a decent management team to get them to the next stage. Like many clubs that process is well underway atm.

Dunsilly King

Maybe it went stale was because certain members with sons playing undermined the manager 'from along way back' Theres nothing like a bit of auld back stabbing to bolster team morale.  When some people should actually know better.

geezer

🍿

Quote from: Dunsilly King on November 12, 2021, 07:07:02 PM
Maybe it went stale was because certain members with sons playing undermined the manager 'from along way back' Theres nothing like a bit of auld back stabbing to bolster team morale.  When some people should actually know better.