Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer

Hypothetically, if a glenravel man took the clubs seniors but lived in belfast and he was paid a bit for travel. Would that be cheating?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: geezer on November 05, 2021, 11:16:51 PM
Hypothetically, if a glenravel man took the clubs seniors but lived in belfast and he was paid a bit for travel. Would that be cheating?

Travel expenses are fine regardless of where they live, phone usage back in the day was a good money spinner
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

geezer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2021, 11:21:37 PM

Travel expenses are fine regardless of where they live, phone usage back in the day was a good money spinner

I dont know if there is a rule or not about paying managers, genuinely dont. But if a club raises funds via lotto, fundraisers etc then what is the problem with them using that money to pay a manager?

rogercasement

I've spent my last half hour going through clubs in Antrim and then I moved to Derry, I have a wee bit of knowledge of the tyrone scene, couldn't come up with one club that havent had an outsider managing them. Senior this is.

geezer

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 05, 2021, 11:32:29 PM
Quote from: geezer on November 05, 2021, 11:26:44 PM

I dont know if there is a rule or not about paying managers, genuinely dont. But if a club raises funds via lotto, fundraisers etc then what is the problem with them using that money to pay a manager?
It would be against the rules just.

Maybe rossa need to start breaking the rules to win the hurling 😃

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 05, 2021, 11:34:06 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on November 05, 2021, 11:27:00 PM
I've spent my last half hour going through clubs in Antrim and then I moved to Derry, I have a wee bit of knowledge of the tyrone scene, couldn't come up with one club that havent had an outsider managing them. Senior this is.
Not even Rossa?

Who did the Johnnies have?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

geezer

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 05, 2021, 11:35:43 PM
Quote from: geezer on November 05, 2021, 11:34:38 PM

Maybe rossa need to start breaking the rules to win the hurling 😃
There are plenty breaking them and not getting near it....

Lol i know, just joking.

rogercasement

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2021, 11:35:23 PM

Trend setters
Peter McGinnity
Not even Rossa?

Saffronaldo

Fouling an opponent is cheating. Play-acting is cheating. Curious that you're perfectly comfortable supporting a team who do both yet pontificate about cheating to others, but I guess you've made your peace with your rank hypocrisy....

Saffsof82

Not even Rossa?

Eamon Blaney

geezer

Do you think cargin would have had the success over recent years if they had a club man in and not cassidy. Im 99.9% sure they would have at least 2 cships.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: geezer on November 05, 2021, 11:46:44 PM
Do you think cargin would have had the success over recent years if they had a club man in and not cassidy. Im 99.9% sure they would have at least 2 cships.

JC won a championship

Saffronaldo

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 05, 2021, 11:44:40 PM
Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 05, 2021, 11:42:27 PM

Fouling an opponent is cheating. Play-acting is cheating. Curious that you're perfectly comfortable supporting a team who do both yet pontificate about cheating to others but I guess you've made your peace with your rank hypocrisy....
:-[
Embarrassing the lengths people will go to defend this. Have a word with yourself.

Fouling ffs  ;D

Had a word with myself there. We both agreed you're on shaky ground with the cherry picking approach to what sort of cheating is ok and what isn't.

EOC1923

Not even Rossa?

Peter McKeever from Armagh

geezer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2021, 11:48:00 PM
Quote from: geezer on November 05, 2021, 11:46:44 PM

JC won a championship

Oh i know. Point im trying to make is it doesnt matter if it was cassidy in or someone from their club. They would still in as they are that good a team.