Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calm Down

Quote from: JimStynes on November 03, 2021, 03:40:35 PM
Quote from: stiffler on November 03, 2021, 02:52:11 PM
Any confirmation of time and venue for the final?

Surely a SW venue would make the most sense for 2 SW clubs.

Dunsilly would do the job surely. Any word on who is the ref?

I heard a rumour it was young Roberts

Saffsof82

Most likely Corrigan, with the money invested in it a return is necessary. Ahoghill is a great venue but i think there are issues with it and the TV fellas .

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: JimStynes on November 03, 2021, 03:59:39 PM
Quote from: BealnaBlath on November 03, 2021, 03:53:57 PM
Watching the matches at 1/4 and 1/2 final stage, I found between endas and Dunsilly the atmosphere was hard to generate? Maybe glenavy , ahoghill or Portglenone better for atmosphere for final? Actually think Corrigan is good for that but would be mad geography wise. Put nothing past the board tho

Glenavy is always a good place for atmosphere. My favourite pitch in Antrim

This would be a good call
Don't rule out St endas if the chairman has his say
Better get the hiking boots on
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

EOC1923

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 03, 2021, 04:49:12 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 03, 2021, 03:59:39 PM
Quote from: BealnaBlath on November 03, 2021, 03:53:57 PM
Watching the matches at 1/4 and 1/2 final stage, I found between endas and Dunsilly the atmosphere was hard to generate? Maybe glenavy , ahoghill or Portglenone better for atmosphere for final? Actually think Corrigan is good for that but would be mad geography wise. Put nothing past the board tho

Glenavy is always a good place for atmosphere. My favourite pitch in Antrim
Two SW teams surely but it has to be in Corrigan. The only thing resembling a stadium in this county. Do you not realise how bad it looks on tg4 with our finals at an average club ground. Do we not want taken seriously

This would be a good call
Don't rule out St endas if the chairman has his say
Better get the hiking boots on

Belfast GAA man

How do you set up A go fund me page? thinking of how cassidy is going to finish of the jacuzzi without his bonus  :)

rogercasement

Should be corrigan end of. Designated county ground, seated area (albiet not much), terrace and a grass bank. Doesn't matter where 2 clubs are from, it should have been set out from beginning of year that the final was there, unless johnnies were in it. Can't say I'm surprised at lack of planning though!!!

geezer

Surely it will be corrigan.

Sw or city ref?

Hoof Hearted

Has to be county ground every year no matter who's in it, even st John's
Tullamore were in offaly final on Sunday and it was still in tullamore
Ask supporters of any team in a county final, especially your first, and they'll go anywhere

paddyjohn

Corrigan is the place for it, has to be the county ground.

EOC1923

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 03, 2021, 05:21:00 PM
How do you set up A go fund me page? thinking of how cassidy is going to finish of the jacuzzi without his bonus  :)
I will send you a link on how to start one. I have started one for you as well, help pay for you to go and see someone to get your unhealthy obsession with Damian Cassidy sorted

Calm Down

I have expressed on the past here that I am no fan of Cassidy (or his methods should I say) however credit where credit is due lads, x3 championships in a row, shown in 2 finals again Creggan that he could win attacking and defensive games!! No mug, however, not to forget Devlin in with him

paddyjohn

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 03, 2021, 07:53:24 PM
I will send you a link on how to start one. I have started one for you as well, help pay for you to go and see someone to get your unhealthy obsession with Damian Cassidy sorted

It's on the verge of being freaky.

rogercasement

Pointed out to me today, fun fact.
If creggan win championship, senior, intermediate and junior winners will all come within a 6ish mile radius.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: rogercasement on November 03, 2021, 09:40:09 PM
Pointed out to me today, fun fact.
If creggan win championship, senior, intermediate and junior winners will all come within a 6ish mile radius.

No doubt the befasties will say that's been done loads of times - with even less of a radius probably

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 03, 2021, 09:17:08 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 03, 2021, 07:53:24 PM

It's on the verge of being freaky.
LOL