Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calm Down

Dogs? Go on RC spill what you mean
Quote from: rogercasement on November 01, 2021, 08:36:59 PM
I'm sure we will survive Jim lol.
A lot of people passing judgement on this before the facts have been made clear, that will be done in due course!
Whilst we are on the subject of rules, I thought dogs were not allowed in GAA grounds (those that know will know) 😄

JimStynes

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 01, 2021, 08:51:48 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 01, 2021, 08:50:07 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on November 01, 2021, 08:36:59 PM
I'm sure we will survive Jim lol.
A lot of people passing judgement on this before the facts have been made clear, that will be done in due course!
Whilst we are on the subject of rules, I thought dogs were not allowed in GAA grounds (those that know will know) 😄

That'll be the next of it! A replay ordered due to a dog in the ground! Ironically the dog's name is Frank!
Does the tail wag it too?

🤐

bannside

Portglenone GAC will not be making an appeal, as I suspected. The club will make a formal statement tomorrow.

Flanker got it right, it takes a while for things to play out and common sense to prevail. Sincere best wishes to St Mary's in the final.

Frank is an impressive dog, big Ivan has him in some nick.

JimStynes

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2021, 08:58:59 PM
Portglenone GAC will not be making an appeal, as I suspected. The club will make a formal statement tomorrow.

Flanker got it right, it takes a while for things to play out and common sense to prevail.

What was all the fuss about lads. Sure we knew it was going to be fine 😂
County final to look forward to now!

geezer

Good to hear. The correct decision. As i said previous, portglenone will get their shot in the not too distant future.

Could aghagallon do it or will creggan be too strong for them?

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2021, 08:58:59 PM

Flanker got it right, it takes a while for things to play out and common sense to prevail. Sincere best wishes to St Mary's in the final.

rogercasement

Should Aghagallon not be thrown out and banned for a year for such a flagrant breach of rules. I thought it was guide dogs only allowed! By the sounds of things he would have shown up with 2 rottweilers had there been a replay.😀😀

JimStynes

Quote from: rogercasement on November 01, 2021, 09:14:52 PM
Should Aghagallon not be thrown out and banned for a year for such a flagrant breach of rules. I thought it was guide dogs only allowed! By the sounds of things he would have shown up with 2 rottweilers had there been a replay.😀😀

😂 we can all relax now! Big Frank hasn't missed a game all year too.

rogercasement

So now that it has been confirmed that Casements never appealed and pointed a flaw in Antrims procedures, again!! will individuals who made scurrilous comments about the club on social media retract them?

geezer

Maybe the reason PG1 decided not to appeal was due to the backlash on social media?

At the end of the day they made the right decision, expected nothing less from a club held in as high esteem as they are.

Flanker

Quote from: rogercasement on November 01, 2021, 09:36:59 PM
So now that it has been confirmed that Casements never appealed and pointed a flaw in Antrims procedures, again!! will individuals who made scurrilous comments about the club on social media retract them?

RC PG1 to be commended on making the right call. Clubs are made up of a wide range of members all with different outlooks and views. To the outside these things look easy but the key is to bring everyone with you in the decision. Not easy to do in 24 hours with social media. Lots of good work being done in PG1. Onwards and upwards over the next few years there's championships to be won with at least 5-6 teams in the mix

EOC1923

Antrims hierarchy breathing a sigh of relief that Portglenone have done the decent thing. Fair play to Portglenone. Antrim and whoever made that call, take a look at yourselves. Embarrassing.

Gold

Maith sibh PG1

I was thinking it could've affected the County team like the 2000 final fallout.

Thank god
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

BealnaBlath

The inadvertently issued the wrong document quote from Ports statement is very kind from the club.
A nice way of embarrassing the shambles of a county board. It's only taken them 3 months to notice this. Be good to see the proper one now. Get them out and get competent people in

bannside

Thanks EOC, Gold, Flanker and others. It's been a long day. Three county semi final draws in three years....all after extra time.... has been draining us, but that's sport...look at Mayo.

Creggan and Aghagallon will fight it out for the Mc Namee Cup. The two best teams are in the final, it should be a cracker.

bogieman

There are a lot lessons to be learnt regarding this saga, for both personal and committee

Full credit to BS, genuine rock of sense. PG1 seeking clarity was proper for their mob.

Never saw Agh 'statement', i wonder if it was a club committee one

Lesson 1. As well as club secretaries, send the rules to Paddy and Brendan, that will sort most issues... maybe a wise idea to send them to match officials as well......

Just a thought, if additional periods of extra time are only in rule for provincial senior championship replays, where did the confusion come from; this rule can only be changed on application and agreement from central council.

Lesson 2. Don't eat yellow snow. 'nuff said  8)

Ps I'd rather see 45's points from ground or hand than penalties, better demonstration of the code skills

Pss if you're referring to any social media information like club statements, please include a link for technowennies like me
This is not Irish dancing. -RH