Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanSouth

Maybe they will, i think La Salle were unable to fulfill some Mageean fixtures this year.

saffron sam2

Not sure if I have this scenario right, but here goes.

If Dunloy beat Cargin tomorrow they are safe. Then in turn, if LD beat Dunloy, they will move into the play-off position and Moneyglass would be relegated.

Which would be nice.

Unfortunate for the Ergnat's, but still nice.  You could effectively say that the fate of Moneyglass is in the hands of their near and dear nieghbours.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ONeill

I think Dunloy are a sure thing. I even overheard a LD great using the words 'stitched-up'. It's a cold dark place, thon division 2 in Antrim.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ONeill

3 hours before throw-in and the ground is allegedly* packed already. Saw Bukes out running yesterday. You never know.

*May have been a dream.

ONeill

I'm told the Hannahstown heroes blitzed Dunloy out of the hill.

imtommygunn

So Dunloy remain bottom.

Can't find the remaining fixtures but I think these are what remain:

St Galls v Dunloy
Dunloy v St Pauls
Cargin v St Pauls(which doesn't matter)

Dunloy will never beat St Galls but St Pauls are awful travellers at the best of times never mind this time of year so would expect Dunloy to beat them.

That would leave it to score difference,between Dunloy and Lamh Dhearg, to see who plays Rasharkin and Moneyglass to go automatically.(Assuming my predictions are right...)

In terms of points difference Dunloy could be scuppered so Dunloy - Rasharkin league play-off and Rasharkin to win with Moneyglass to go down automatically.

All predictions of course...

maxpower

it would seem that we've been relegated.  Certainly according to the Antrim website no more games are to be played in Division 1 and Moneyglass will play Rasharkin in the play off.

bitterly disapointing to lose div1 status this way,
What happens next????

imtommygunn

It is claimed on the antrim web-site that dunloy were told they would be allowed four more games and were given the choice of games to play. I don't understand if they were given the choice why they wouldn't play st pauls and would instead play cargin away.. Disappointing to see them go down and disappointing to see that there will be one less south west team in division 1 next year no matter what.

milltown row

i'm sure they will at least make the play offs next year if not come straight up.

NAG

I hear that St Pauls refused to play the game so Dunloy had no option but to take on Cargin to try and gain the neccessary points.

maxpower

i heard the very seem thing, it seems dunloy seem to get quite harshl treated by CCC in football related matters.  with this coming after the Minors weren't given there chance at an County Final last year
What happens next????

saffron sam2

Glad that LD stayed up - would have been a big blow to the west to lose Rossa and LD in consecutive years.  Paddy Cunningham was outstanding I believe, but has had to visit the hospital in the aftermath of the game. Perhaps maxpower can explain why.

Disappointed that it was Moneyglass and not Dunloy who stayed up.  I can't see how St. Paul's can refuse to play a game without forfeiting the points.

Quote from: maxpower on December 04, 2007, 10:51:30 AM
i heard the very seem thing, it seems dunloy seem to get quite harshl treated by CCC in football related matters.  with this coming after the Minors weren't given there chance at an County Final last year

Your minors were indeed given the chance to play in the county final last year, they chose not to take it and tried to unilaterally rearrange the fixture instead.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Dunloy

Hey guys, im a regular visitor to the site so thought i might aswell join up and air my views

I now heard that we are to play our remaining 2 games in the league after it earlier being thought we werent allowed to.Anyone else heard anything on this? although i feel this isnt fair on the other teams having to wait its only right we get to play our games, any number of scenarios can come out of this now but hopefully we can at least make the playoff. i know for a fact that st pauls refused to travel to play us so now that there being made to its a different matter, if they dont come we will get the points im sure. most likely thing i think will happen is that it will come down to us and lamh dhearg to see who plays in the playoff(more than likely us), either way not good news for moneyglass

p.s i dont genuinely believe anyone who knew all the facts with regards to the minor final last year would believe we werent hard done by but thats done and dusted

ExiledGael

It's in the Irish News today and on BBC sport all day. Good news for Antrim... I think anyway.
Sensible quotes in the paper from Gormley, hope it works out this time.