Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

and by the way ..best of luck to St Galls tomorow--do Antrim proud!!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

PlayWithTheWind

have you lost the plot Gold?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

glens73

Dunloy bt Newbridge 2-8 to 0-8 - is that not a turn up for the books?

Gold

i couldnt believe it--when will they ever get to play their remaining Div 1 games plus an all-ireland hurling semi -final and Ulster Intermediate final!

Hope  they stay up and Lamh Dhearg go down

Hope the Senior and Intermediate finals are a double header--at Casement!!

Good to see Antrim teams slapping them Derry wans to the side hi sir--dicks

orangeman

Do you have a report from the game Gold ?

Gold

Quote from: orangeman on November 18, 2007, 04:26:52 PM
Do you have a report from the game Gold ?

No i dont, pleasently surprised with Dunloy's win though

Gall's v Cross game may be awesome!

glenullinabu

Quote from: hardstation on November 18, 2007, 07:44:44 PM
Brilliant results today.
Especially for Dunloy. I didn't see that coming, sorry. :-[
Well done to Naomh Gall and Dun Lathai.
Did St.Galls play as stated in the programme?

no the d&%kh$*d mcgourty started

glenullinabu

Quote from: Gold on November 18, 2007, 03:59:42 PM
Good to see Antrim teams slapping them Derry wans to the side hi sir--dicks

fair play to st galls & dunloy
and as for you - gold is overrated - platinum is more valuable anyway

southderry

Cannot believe that only 3 of that St Galls team played against us in the 1st round of the Senior championship this year, namely, Aodhan Gallagher, Kevin Niblock and CJ McGourty. They had two subs Chris Kerr and Colin Brady. I think Sean Kelly joined the panel later on due to him studying in England. I would go as far as saying that they would beat the Senior Antrim team . Why wont they play for Antrim. Gormley should do everything in his power to get kevin McGourty playing.

Glensman

Went up to the Dunloy game yesterday. Have to say I had followed what had been said on here and elsewhere and had thought Dunloy were heavy underdogs and this might have been a step too far. I think perhaps some of the talk got to Dunloy themselves and Newbridge came out and were 3 points up pretty sharpish. Dunloy looked panicky and hit a couple of very easy point chances into the keepers hands.

However, after their first score this settled Dunloy they grew in confidence and from there fully deserved the win in my opinion.
Some great forward play from Dunloy - a few very dangerous, intelligent forwards in there. Good balance in the team as well.

Any word on when this match will be on - before the Ulster final next week in Newry?

culchy1

Would like to congratulate dunloy and st galls on their results yesterday.

wasnt surprised by dunloys result at all, they are a very good young team, with some excellent forwards who i believe should be on the county panel.

as for the galls, i was at the match yest and thought they thoroughly deserved their victory although it should have been more convincing. thought sean kelly was immense and kevin mcgourty's use of the ball was brilliant.
though kevin being kevin got booked at the end of the second half for givin the ref verbals about burke bein sent off and then with about five or ten minutes to go, glenullin got a free out kevin lashed the ball for all he was worth over the roof of the stand to waste time. lucky for him the ref didnt see him do it. such a talent but things like that people remember him for.

i for one will be in newry next sunday supporting the galls.

dunloys match is at clones after the junior final.

loughshore lad

Culchy - how did yous get on this season with the Moortown man at the helm? (His name escapes me at the moment he was Quinn)

culchy1

Quote from: loughshore lad on November 19, 2007, 12:57:19 PM
Culchy - how did yous get on this season with the Moortown man at the helm? (His name escapes me at the moment he was Quinn)

we done not so bad l'shore lad. aye it was enda quinn from the moortown.
finished up second in div2 on points difference, 6 points to be exact.
we are now waiting on a playoff with second bottom of div 1 to see if we go up or not.
but dunloy are bottom at the min with 5 games left, so their involvement in ulster has held this up.
it will probably be lamh dhearg or moneyglass we play as dunloy will get enuf pts to get them safe.

enda has actually quit as our manager a couple of days after our last match he phoned up to say he couldnt do it anymore because of work committments, a job he had been doing since jan, seems a bit strange with one game to go that hes quit,
but its up to himself, not the best way to leave a club.
maybe hes been offered the moortown job! ;)

theskull1

Quote from: culchy1 on November 19, 2007, 01:11:22 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on November 19, 2007, 12:57:19 PM

we done not so bad l'shore lad. aye it was enda quinn from the moortown.
finished up second in div2 on points difference, 6 points to be exact.
we are now waiting on a playoff with second bottom of div 1 to see if we go up or not.
but dunloy are bottom at the min with 5 games left, so their involvement in ulster has held this up.
it will probably be lamh dhearg or moneyglass we play as dunloy will get enuf pts to get them safe.

enda has actually quit as our manager a couple of days after our last match he phoned up to say he couldnt do it anymore because of work committments, a job he had been doing since jan, seems a bit strange with one game to go that hes quit,
but its up to himself, not the best way to leave a club.
maybe hes been offered the moortown job! ;)

Would youse not have done as well as youse have done Culchy without having to pay a manager? Surely there are leaders in Rasharkin prepared to look after their own? Same goes to Creggan and Tir na Og and any others forking out large amounts for outside managers.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera