Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffronog67

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 08, 2017, 03:51:14 PM
Anybody hear how 'trials' went last night.....?

I took a walk round on Tuesday night. To my eye there was about 8 players short of last years panel and I believed Tuesday was the last time everyone could trial? Could be wrong.

Heard on the sideline that a handful of boys from last years panel can't commit this year for whatever reasons.

Spike

Quote from: saffronog67 on November 09, 2017, 08:53:53 AM

I took a walk round on Tuesday night. To my eye there was about 8 players short of last years panel and I believed Tuesday was the last time everyone could trial? Could be wrong.

Heard on the sideline that a handful of boys from last years panel can't commit this year for whatever reasons.

Shock...I wonder why   ???

paddyjohn

Quote from: Spike on November 09, 2017, 11:10:00 AM

Work? travel?

Spike

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 09, 2017, 11:46:37 AM

Work? travel?

complete lack of belief and utter disillusionment at what is being offered to them....for starters

country bumpkin

Quote from: Spike on November 09, 2017, 05:31:31 PM

Work? travel?

complete lack of belief and utter disillusionment at what is being offered to them....for starters
Please enlighten Spike.......does austerity still rule..?

BrendanAntrim

'Offered to them?' You mean the set up? It's not in place yet if they are only at trial stage. And what is being offered is the chance to play for their County.

paddyjohn

Work? travel?

ok.. fair enough

Milltown Row2

Doesn't take long for the haters to come back!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Exactly. It's early days and far too early for the negative stuff. The three man sub committee gave their nod to Lenny and were obviously impressed by what he planned to do/bring/set up, so out of respect for the democratic process we should give this every opportunity to settle down and hopefully work out.

Lenny will be a different kind of manager and it's very possible he will be quite popular amongst players. Only fair we all give him and his backroom team a proper crack at this before the usual negativity comes out.

There will be plenty of time for the post mortems if it dosent work out.

Spike

Quote from: bannside on November 09, 2017, 07:46:11 PM
Exactly. It's early days and far too early for the negative stuff. The three man sub committee gave their nod to Lenny and were obviously impressed by what he planned to do/bring/set up, so out of respect for the democratic process we should give this every opportunity to settle down and hopefully work out.

Lenny will be a different kind of manager and it's very possible he will be quite popular amongst players. Only fair we all give him and his backroom team a proper crack at this before the usual negativity comes out.

There will be plenty of time for the post mortems if it dosent work out.

Got asked a question and replied with what i know.  Realise it doesnt suit everyones agenda but sure in 3 years time when we have appointed the next cheap manager from west belfast as we've done for 100 years sure i get to say i told u so.   Im not a hater, just an unbeliever.   Fellas staying away because they feel antrim board have done what theyve always done. Which they have.  Eternal optimists like bannside are welcome to continue believing, thats their choice and good luck to them.

Spike

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 09, 2017, 05:58:29 PM

Work? travel?

Please enlighten Spike.......does austerity still rule..?

Theyve just had enough. Too much effort for no satisfaction. Shambles from one year to the next. Cant blame them.

Milltown Row2

Can't blame them, too much effort ? Yeah plenty effort by staying away, dedicated Antrim men? Yep I see what you mean, well more time with their clubs can only improve them!

Read back on your posts and take a redner!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog67

Do we know the full backroom team yet?

Spike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2017, 08:11:18 AM
Can't blame them, too much effort ? Yeah plenty effort by staying away, dedicated Antrim men? Yep I see what you mean, well more time with their clubs can only improve them!

'There are none so blind as those who cannot see.'

You obviously have absolutely no knowledge at all of what sacrifices and training modern players go through. The days of a bag of balls, a lap of the field, shooting practice and a wee game are long gone.  If you had went through a few years of disillusionment and comedy training sessions up at the county then you'd soon realise why the eye rolls happen when they hear yet another bargain bucket home boy appointment has been made.   Smoke and mirrors with backroom staff, tight lipped budgets and piss poor trials.....sounds good.   

The only redner I would take is allowing myself to engage with someone who cannot think for themselves and toes the party line.  Establishment man image reinforced yet again (despite protestations) even though they continually dump on you.

Obama out  *mic drop*

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Spike on November 10, 2017, 09:13:41 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2017, 08:11:18 AM

'There are none so blind as those who cannot see.'

You obviously have absolutely no knowledge at all of what sacrifices and training modern players go through. The days of a bag of balls, a lap of the field, shooting practice and a wee game are long gone.  If you had went through a few years of disillusionment and comedy training sessions up at the county then you'd soon realise why the eye rolls happen when they hear yet another bargain bucket home boy appointment has been made.   Smoke and mirrors with backroom staff, tight lipped budgets and piss poor trials.....sounds good.   

The only redner I would take is allowing myself to engage with someone who cannot think for themselves and toes the party line.  Establishment man image reinforced yet again (despite protestations) even though they continually dump on you.

Obama out  *mic drop*

What does this mean please?