Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Quote from: country bumpkin on March 18, 2017, 01:58:48 PM
God help Antrim if indeed those sentiments as expressed by Hectic are shared by many in our beleagured county..

If you are going to spend your time pandering to kids dont come back complaining about their lack of work ethic and hunger, bad attitude and lack of respect for the opportunities afforded to them. Of course if money were no object you could look at all the advantages enjoyed by professional sportsmen but you would think the way some of you are going on that if guys are not fed by the county they would starve. Christ almighty I would say that if it is the lack of a free sandwich that is holding us back then God help Antrim. The bigger problem for me is that too many folk do not appreciate what they have in the GAA nor the effort to maintain it.

Galer

If they got fed at half 3 they probaly left abt 11 dont see the problem.but they do have a duty of car,as for getting county gear dont kid yourselves they still get very little

Galer

Congrats to the st marys magherafelt on coaching antrim players to a standard antrim schools cant attain.now all we need is for all south west players to go to maghera/magherafelt and all bfast players to newry or lurgan etc job done

country bumpkin

Quote from: Galer on March 18, 2017, 07:07:29 PM
If they got fed at half 3 they probaly left abt 11 dont see the problem.but they do have a duty of car,as for getting county gear dont kid yourselves they still get very little
The point made was when at Tyrone the 17 squad did not get fed until after the minor game.....6pm which was a stew served by the Loughmacrory Club.....their game was on at 1.30 and was quite a wait from breakfast.
Was at Dunsilly to-day to watch our minor and u-17s against Fermanagh in very unfriendly conditions...... these lads giving up their Saturday but there were more spectators in attendance from Fermanagh.
County gear or support from the 'county' ....well did see our hard working PRO....

Hectic

Yeah I suppose given it was a stew which you should really be able to serve as people are ready for it you would think it would not have beendifficult to get the u 17 team served earlier.

BrendanAntrim

Thought that match v Fermanagh was away?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on March 18, 2017, 07:57:24 PM
Quote from: Galer on March 18, 2017, 07:07:29 PM
The point made was when at Tyrone the 17 squad did not get fed until after the minor game.....6pm which was a stew served by the Loughmacrory Club.....their game was on at 1.30 and was quite a wait from breakfast.
Was at Dunsilly to-day to watch our minor and u-17s against Fermanagh in very unfriendly conditions...... these lads giving up their Saturday but there were more spectators in attendance from Fermanagh.
County gear or support from the 'county' ....well did see our hard working PRO....

Did anyone die from not eating?? Holy feck are you being serious or totally on the WUM
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Have been labelled as a WUM, and although I have always found that an individual who does have an inflated ego and an immense sense of self worth is easy to 'wind up' that has never been my intent..... :)

Milltown Row2

Ego?? From what?? Look you have yet to answer my question put to you... so unless you do then you truly are a WUM
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Good win today by the sounds of it!

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bannside

Superb result at Corrigan and no small amount of character and spirit displayed to grind out the two points.

Had a pint in Heffrons Bar in Randalstown on the way home and another back in Portglenone and there were people in both bars who were at the match. The players and management have a lifeline now which may come down to our last game at home against Longford. We would all have settled for this a few weeks ago but since then we have beaten Sligo and Laois and gave previously unbeaten Louth their fill of it....so it looks like we arnt out of our depth at all in this division. Not that I'm surprised as I believe we have plenty of good footballers in the county

Fair play to all involved....Credit where it's due. Up the Saffrons.

bannside

Paddy Mc Aleer had some game today and so too Paddy Mc Bride. Peter Healy looking more comfortable with every outing as does Conor Hamill. Going to make for very interesting choices for starting berths with Kobo, James Laverty, Niall Delargy and Martin Johnston still in the mix for the last two games. Great to see genuine competition for starting places...this is exactly what we need.

We don't have many superstars in Antrim but we have plenty of good honest players who are proud to wear the jersey. For those who have gone awol for one reason or another I would say just keep on walking because the supporters are happier to see a jersey go to someone else who really wants it.

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 19, 2017, 10:10:19 PM
Quote from: bannside on March 19, 2017, 09:42:13 PM
Paddy Mc Aleer had some game today and so too Paddy Mc Bride. Peter Healy looking more comfortable with every outing as does Conor Hamill. Going to make for very interesting choices for starting berths with Kobo, James Laverty, Niall Delargy and Martin Johnston still in the mix for the last two games. Great to see genuine competition for starting places...this is exactly what we need.

We don't have many superstars in Antrim but we have plenty of good honest players who are proud to wear the jersey. For those who have gone awol for one reason or another I would say just keep on walking because the supporters are happier to see a jersey go to someone else who really wants it.
[/quote
Pray tell Bannside who are those players who have 'walked'.......??

Who all has left the panel?

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on March 19, 2017, 09:42:13 PM

Who all has left the panel?