Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 01, 2017, 10:10:14 PM
Quote from: bannside on March 01, 2017, 08:09:41 PM
Wouldn't be many better forward lines than Tomas, Ryan, Matt Fitz, Conor Small and a really sharp CJ. All top notch footballers. As I said previously, we might not have 25 clinkers but we have no excuse if we can't send out 15 players at any one time to compete in division three.

Sean Pats progress should be watched with interest too and of some of the other really good young forwards there's Liam Quinn, Deaghlan Murphy and possibly Eamonn Fife to look forward to. Of course there's more that's not a definitive list by any means.

Tomas gone from the panel from what I can hear

Bigger fish to fry
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Just breaking for a few weeks his wife had another child.

Some score from Kevin Small to win that replay tonight. Watched it on Armagh TV.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on March 01, 2017, 10:38:36 PM
Just breaking for a few weeks his wife had another child.

Some score from Kevin Small to win that replay tonight. Watched it on Armagh TV.

I hope you are right BS.

country bumpkin

Outside of the absence of Tomas wondering just where have his brothers Michael and Paul gone, andjust where are Justin Crozier, John Carron, the Burke brothers, Sean and Conor, Mickey Pollock, Ricki Johnston, Niall Mc Keever, Paddy Kelly, Eoin Mc Neill, Benny Hasson gone ?

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on March 02, 2017, 08:26:56 AM
Outside of the absence of Tomas wondering just where have his brothers Michael and Paul gone, andjust where are Justin Crozier, John Carron, the Burke brothers, Sean and Conor, Mickey Pollock, Ricki Johnston, Niall Mc Keever, Paddy Kelly, Eoin Mc Neill, Benny Hasson gone ?

Benny Hasson left Rasharkin?

Points a Good Score

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 01, 2017, 09:55:38 PM
A hell of a lot of creggan guys on that team (well squad) from magherafelt who made it to macrory tonight which is good to see.

Quinn and small looked like big talents from what i saw last year.

Are they minor again?

Three from Moneyglass as well, two starters and one on the bench. Hopefully bodes well for Antrim football in the long run.

Liam Quinn still minor but Small is overage

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 02, 2017, 12:18:23 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on March 02, 2017, 08:26:56 AM

Benny Hasson left Rasharkin?

Been discussed here before i think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Points a Good Score on March 02, 2017, 01:06:10 PM
A hell of a lot of creggan guys on that team (well squad) from magherafelt who made it to macrory tonight which is good to see.

Are they minor again?

Three from Moneyglass as well, two starters and one on the bench. Hopefully bodes well for Antrim football in the long run.

Cheers. It is good to see although i so,etimes think it is worrying that most of the best of our south west talent gets coached schools football in derry!

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 02, 2017, 07:23:10 PM

Are they minor again?

Cheers. It is good to see although i so,etimes think it is worrying that most of the best of our south west talent gets coached schools football in derry!

Agree it's worrying but at least they are getting coached somewhere and bringing it back here.

bannside

I recall Quinn and Small standing out at under 12 level before they went to St Mary's Grammar Mfelt....so I wouldn't be too quick to say that their school was where they learned to play football. Marty Johnston was class for St Patrick's Ballymena before he transferred to St Pats Maghera. Just saying......

Hectic

Is Adams not coaching Gaelic football up in Ballymena?

Na Glinntí Glasa

he teaches at St Louis in Ballymena, hes involved in the football there at the school.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hectic

Are they making any strides under him?  Not a MacRory team to the best of my knowledge?

Points a Good Score

Would tend to agree with Bannsides sentiments, whilst the coaching they are receiving in the Derry schools is helping the good work done in the clubs is where those boys got a solid grounding.

Also an Antrim man who is at the helm of the St Marys MacRory coaching panel.

Kickham csc

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 02, 2017, 08:43:01 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 02, 2017, 07:23:10 PM

Are they minor again?

Agree it's worrying but at least they are getting coached somewhere and bringing it back here.

Not worrying at all.

We (Antrim) need to focus on coaching in the clubs. We also need to focus on certain schools. For example St Louis and St Mary's De La Sal, etc, because these schools serve Antrim clubs in their areas.

But due to our geography, we can take advance of Magherafelt, St Pius, Maghera, Lurgan, Coleraine and in some cases Colmans to serve Clubs from other areas

In theory, Antrim should be in a great position for youth coaching