Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 02, 2016, 12:28:03 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on December 02, 2016, 12:16:23 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on December 02, 2016, 11:20:50 AM
Little reaction to the goings on which caused the resignation of the former county chairman......but hey keep your heads down and those with 'Vision' may well call :-\

Aye, swept under the carpet with the rest of it, TR voicemails last year, the gambling saga and the senior football final venue that caused a county official to resign.
Wonder just where has my friend MR2 gone............Perhaps it is a case of all whistlers sticking together.......BS is always passing comment on the goings on in the county but hey possibly he reckons those with the 'Vision' can do no wrong ???

Careful now.....

bannside

To be honest I was waiting to find out a bit more about the text and especially whether it came from TR on his own initiative or whether it was a calculated communication that Pol and Collie knew about in advance and we're happy to sanction. I doubt if it was the latter but  I'm for convention on Monday night so I'm sure I will get the inside track either there or before then.

In principle no one can say it's a good way to conduct business, not only against JM but also weighs heavily against a few good Gaels who were standing for the Ulster delegate position. So no marks for the culprit, or culprits.

My own feeling is that JM was going to get well battered at the polls anyway. Now he won't know that and despite the fact that this wasn't a clever communication at least Jim was spared that ignominy.

All in all the show will go on and this board despite the odd hiccup will lead us to a much better place in the years ahead. That has to be the best way of measuring their contribution to Antrim Gaa.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on December 02, 2016, 01:43:22 PM
To be honest I was waiting to find out a bit more about the text and especially whether it came from TR on his own initiative or whether it was a calculated communication that Pol and Collie knew about in advance and we're happy to sanction. I doubt if it was the latter but  I'm for convention on Monday night so I'm sure I will get the inside track either there or before then.

In principle no one can say it's a good way to conduct business, not only against JM but also weighs heavily against a few good Gaels who were standing for the Ulster delegate position. So no marks for the culprit, or culprits.

My own feeling is that JM was going to get well battered at the polls anyway. Now he won't know that and despite the fact that this wasn't a clever communication at least Jim was spared that ignominy.

All in all the show will go on and this board despite the odd hiccup will lead us to a much better place in the years ahead. That has to be the best way of measuring their contribution to Antrim Gaa.

You know I find your posts very good BS but I have to disagree with you this time. This is a horrible thing to happen and shouldn't of been allowed to happen. Yet more Bully boy tactics. In my opinion TR should of been hunted after the voicemail that he left last year to a South Antrim official.

All these odd hiccups will have long term damage on the Saffron Vision in my opinion.

country bumpkin

Think you have hit the nail on the head PJ,
The author of that txt has erred once to often and indeed he should go.
TR has sat comfortably on the County Board for years and I really doubt his input and most certainly his right to canvass for the removal of one who has given a lot to Antrim.
Seems the 'Vision' want to surround themselves with their own crowd.
BS makes presumption and suggests ambush and blow delivered from behind is as a mercy killing.
The 'Vision' on their canvassing tour offered plenty and although I do applaud ur optimism BS I see little to encourage me, and the latest episode does little to ensure change of mind.

Galer

Sometimes u have to sacrifice for the greater good,not overly endeared with saff vision as i think there priority is hurling but they will bring us up the table a bit on both fronts.they have the people they want in now its time to follow up on there promises,dunsilly doesnt count as it would have happened anyway

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 02, 2016, 03:51:38 PM
Think you have hit the nail on the head PJ,
The author of that txt has erred once to often and indeed he should go.
TR has sat comfortably on the County Board for years and I really doubt his input and most certainly his right to canvass for the removal of one who has given a lot to Antrim.
Seems the 'Vision' want to surround themselves with their own crowd.
BS makes presumption and suggests ambush and blow delivered from behind is as a mercy killing.
The 'Vision' on their canvassing tour offered plenty and although I do applaud ur optimism BS I see little to encourage me, and the latest episode does little to ensure change of mind.

How many chances does one man need or get?

I'd be keen to hear what happens at county convention.

bannside

I'm certainly not condoning anything. There is always a right way and a wrong way of doing things and the minute I saw the text a few days ago I instinctively knew it was wrong.

JM has felt the cold shoulder and he will feel hurt. He may have made mistakes (we all do) but he never lacked for passion or effort and took up the reigns when things were at a low ebb. He should be applauded for his commitment and go on now and get a proper life. Or help out around his club.

There are a few absolutely critical positions at board level, especially PMC role as treasurer. It's vital he remains involved to see out the work that has been started. Therefore it dosent make sense to generalise about the board as a unit because of what may have been the actions of one individual.

Galer

Bs ur fairly sittin on the fence there on the jm issue.i personally glad to see the back of him.he was one of the menwho ut us in the lowest place since the troubles

bannside

I get what you are saying Galer but sometimes it's better to let things be. There is a public record on here of my opposition to a lot of what happened during the JM tenure. As indeed JMS and before that JOB.

What I have realised is that it's far too easy to criticise especially on an anonymous forum. And it's even easier to make lists of what we do wrong. So I have changed a bit Galer in that I try to be less negative. 

JM knows we disagreed on a lot of issues but he knows me and I know him and we had it out a few times. But really it shouldn't be personal if all we really want is a better Antrim Gaa. That's why I have no intention of putting the boot in.

If you interpret that as sitting on the fence that's your prerogative Galer.

country bumpkin

Wonder where MR2 stands on the txt affair.......was such evert discussed with his mate in their whistling duties or at the posts..... ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 02, 2016, 12:28:03 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on December 02, 2016, 12:16:23 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on December 02, 2016, 11:20:50 AM
Little reaction to the goings on which caused the resignation of the former county chairman......but hey keep your heads down and those with 'Vision' may well call :-\

Aye, swept under the carpet with the rest of it, TR voicemails last year, the gambling saga and the senior football final venue that caused a county official to resign.
Wonder just where has my friend MR2 gone............Perhaps it is a case of all whistlers sticking together.......BS is always passing comment on the goings on in the county but hey possibly he reckons those with the 'Vision' can do no wrong ???

So someone resigns from the county board and we have to pass judgment on it?? Have no idea what was posted/texted... as I'm sure you can remember JM was a great whistler.... great to hear though people on here are so concerned about JM and I never really heard them say anything nice about him while he was Chairman!

Some people aren't happy until their gurnning
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 02, 2016, 06:44:30 PM
Wonder where MR2 stands on the txt affair.......was such evert discussed with his mate in their whistling duties or at the posts..... ???
What mate??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Guess......he is a fellow whistler, and a 'by the post' mate who has texted clubs urging them to vote for his mate in the upcoming convention ?

paddyjohn

What club got the seats from the old casement? Asking for a friend like..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 02, 2016, 07:07:38 PM
Guess......he is a fellow whistler, and a 'by the post' mate who has texted clubs urging them to vote for his mate in the upcoming convention ?

JM also an ex whistle blower... again I haven't seen the text nor do I find that stuff surprising as it happened in the last 20 committees I can think of! Happens on every club ffs! Why anybody thinks this is newsworthy is deluded