Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galer

Any new managerial developments alls very quiet at the minute

paddyjohn

JB gone from cargin or so it says a few pages back. Portglenone have a new man in place. Down the divisions a Con Magee fella told me that their lad has left. McNicholl still with Rasharkin I think.

bogieman

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 13, 2016, 05:51:08 PM
Anybody heard any rumours about convention? Leagues staying the same?

Change, of course there is, is that not good ?

County board, only two positions being fought for, is that good ?
Why do so many want to help the Ulster council and not Antrim ?

Where are all the 'big lads' who are constantly critical of the board, was this not their opportunity ?
If you don't put up, then... That would be good.

Antrim vision, without the macular.
So many questions, so few answers. That's not good.

Ps.
Great entertaining game in newry, thought both teams deserved a draw before that last free.

Pss.
What's the chances of seeing their CV or manifesto ? In the meantime, let's hear your slogans for them:

Colin Donnelly - I'm still here

Terry Reilly

Paul OBrien

Pol MacCana

Billy McLarnon

Sean Kelly - I'm everywhere

Liam McGoldrick

Bronagh Lennon

Phillip Christie

Jim Murray - I never went away

Paul Molloy

Jim McLean

Alec McQuillan

Tyrone Eastwood - I'll be back

Gerry McClory

Malachy Delargy
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

bannside

Think when the dust has settled after convention Bogieman Antrim will have its strongest management committee in a long time. That's my belief.

I've got a couple of tickets for the Clash of the Saffrons at the Devonish on Saturday night. A lot of work has gone into this fundraising event for Antrim senior Football programme and Frank Fitz deserves a lot of credit for going out on his own steam with a few others and getting sponsorship from many businesses. Looking forward to a great nights crack which will hopefully lift the negativity from the tail end of last year and kick start a bit of momentum for a decent season ahead.

country bumpkin

Been around and about for a long time BS and I do admire ur optimism but I do remain as a sceptic :'(

bannside

Except CB in all things Erin's Own of course....lol.

JimStynes

Bannside is the most optimistic man on the board by a mile

imtommygunn

Admirable optimism to be fair. Refreshing in antrim as not too much of it about these days!

Mr i see refs doing the boxing. You not fancy it??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 16, 2016, 10:06:48 PM
Admirable optimism to be fair. Refreshing in antrim as not too much of it about these days!

Done it at our club one a few years ago !! It's not fun or taken light hearted I'll tell ya that !! Fair fecks to the lads stepping into the ring! Never again!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Be like the royal rumble to get a slap at him.. CB is first in line lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 16, 2016, 11:08:27 PM

Be like the royal rumble  to get a slap at him.. CB is first in line lol

Fixtures out every week during league... no slaps yet! People talk a lot ya know  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 16, 2016, 06:57:47 PM
Except CB in all things Erin's Own of course....lol.
Fail to comprehend BS.....please clarify. ???

Na Glinntí Glasa

went to our U21B game last night up in Ballymena. Its nights like that in November you really ask what in under god are playing that competition at this stage of the year?

We were badly weakened with some fellas working, injuries and to be honest the older minors were out on their feet after playing in the ulster hurling final 3 days before it. Ballymena looked much fresher than we did all over the field but fair play to them and good luck in the semi final.

Im actually glad were out of the competition because if we won we had another game and less rest and recovery before having to play Burren in the Ulster Football Championship.
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

I'm saying CB that your scepticism does not extend to Cargin footballers who you expect to remain at the top table for the foreseeable future, building on their record breaking season this year which you have alluded to numerous times.

Nothing wrong with this by the way. Just saying like. Has JMB been appointed to your hotseat for next year?

Hectic

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 17, 2016, 08:58:20 AM
went to our U21B game last night up in Ballymena. Its nights like that in November you really ask what in under god are playing that competition at this stage of the year?

We were badly weakened with some fellas working, injuries and to be honest the older minors were out on their feet after playing in the ulster hurling final 3 days before it. Ballymena looked much fresher than we did all over the field but fair play to them and good luck in the semi final.

Im actually glad were out of the competition because if we won we had another game and less rest and recovery before having to play Burren in the Ulster Football Championship.

I think that is the story of the U21 Championship these days - from what I can see teams struggle to not only get their best players out but in some cases even to field 15 players.  Throw into the mix a lot of players have not really being playing competitively since the summer, the terrible conditions and general lack of enthusiasm and you wonder what is the point.  Yes there will be one or two teams that go all out for it but I would say your story is that of the majority of clubs.  Part of the reason I fancy Aghagallon for the A competition is because they have been training and playing together competitively right up until last weekend in the Senior - yes not all U21 players have saw game time but at the same time there has been a high intensity training focus in the club right into the U21 competition which will probably be telling over the next few weeks.  Personally I would like to see it revert back to the way it was 10 or more years ago when it was played off in the spring/summer with a lot of teams going into it wanting to give it a real good go.

The other thing is the A and B sides - I actually like this because in theory it gives players between minor and senior at least 2 championship games but again would this not be of more benefit earlier in the year rather than at the tail end when some boys have seen very little football all year and even if they do show up well there is no step on into the senior teams who have quit for the year months ago.  On the B side is it not generally the way that good teams who get knocked out in a tough prelim round tie that tend to go on and dominate it - would you reckon looking at Ballymena they fall into this category - certainly from what I am hearing last nights game was being viewed as the B final.