Previous topic - Next topic

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: AQMP on October 30, 2016, 04:01:05 PM
Aghagallon bt Kinawley

Young Branagan was superb. Mcgeeney will be making a call

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2016, 06:48:43 PM
CB missing?? Would like to hear his take on the game
Not missing MR2 .....still here, we were awful and i have no explanation as to who only a few in the green and white approached par.....and if indeed Cargin really are as bad as the result does suggest does it tell a sad tale on Antrim.
You can bet ur last pound that come Jan/ Feb 2017 they will be back on the training ground getting ready to retain......do u anticipate anything other than this my friend... ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 30, 2016, 09:19:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2016, 06:48:43 PM
CB missing?? Would like to hear his take on the game
Not missing MR2 .....still here, we were awful and i have no explanation as to who only a few in the green and white approached par.....and if indeed Cargin really are as bad as the result does suggest does it tell a sad tale on Antrim.
You can bet ur last pound that come Jan/ Feb 2017 they will be back on the training ground getting ready to retain......do u anticipate anything other than this my friend... ;)

I think they will and fair play to Cargin, as you say the standard has dropped since we were competing in Ulster, how does that reflect? Beating an aging Galls team and getting stuffed in the first round is certainly not progress. Are Cargin happy enough to retain Antrim or push on?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Cargin are more than happy to claim Antrim titles MR2 but indeed they would love to make progress in Ulster. But the enigma is that they stood toe to toe with Cross last year for a long ways and until they lost big Gerard Mc Cann, and were reduced in number  as well as a distinct lack of experience cost in the latter stages.
Perhaps JB comments in the I N post championship, as to lack of competition in Antrim did come across as disrespectful may well have a grain of truth within.....dunno.
In any event, and I am not being arrogant I can see Cargin dominating for a few years and as I

country bumpkin

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2016, 10:11:31 PM
Or maybe Cross weren't great either?
maybe not MR2 but were good enough to win Ulster....

country bumpkin

Quote from: referee on October 30, 2016, 10:38:07 PM
Cb the problem with cargin I think is that they keep playing magil and although most antrim teams cant cope with him physically,the stronger players ie Mc clean st galls and smarter footballers ie kc can cope wifh him because he obviously has no workrate or fitness,its time to give maybe m kelly a run
MM was Cargin's best on view against Cross last year.................but will pass ur views on to JB......and then beat a hasty retreat :-[

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 30, 2016, 10:07:59 PM
Cargin are more than happy to claim Antrim titles MR2 but indeed they would love to make progress in Ulster. But the enigma is that they stood toe to toe with Cross last year for a long ways and until they lost big Gerard Mc Cann, and were reduced in number  as well as a distinct lack of experience cost in the latter stages.
Perhaps JB comments in the I N post championship, as to lack of competition in Antrim did come across as disrespectful may well have a grain of truth within.....dunno.
In any event, and I am not being arrogant I can see Cargin dominating for a few years and as I

Well if they are more than happy to settle for Antrim titles that's poor form! Would have thought JB had bigger ambitions for Cargin. As for standing toe to toe with Cross, that's an exaggerated opinion.

You've basically said that we don't do well in Ulster anymore cause other teams are crap ! Brilliant
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2016, 10:46:55 PM
What age is Magill? Cargin wouldn't be a young team either.

Agreed. Best of a poor Antrim at minute. Many of the team are over 30. JB'S quote about Cargin being too good for Antrim is cringe worthy.  They are in Co. Antrim, end of.

Disappointed they didn't win today but not surprised. Killyclogher were young, hungry and fit as butcher's dogs.

Cargin didn't have the smarts or belief today
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

country bumpkin

Quote from: Gold on October 31, 2016, 12:30:01 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2016, 10:46:55 PM
What age is Magill? Cargin wouldn't be a young team either.

Agreed. Best of a poor Antrim at minute. Many of the team are over 30. JB'S quote about Cargin being too good for Antrim is cringe worthy.  They are in Co. Antrim, end of.

Disappointed they didn't win today but not surprised. Killyclogher were young, hungry and fit as butcher's dogs.

Cargin didn't have the smarts or belief today
Have a good look within my friend, the Antrim senior championship has gone to Milltown or Toome (on occasions), and nowhere else in a generation (1998)........even the unwanted league trophy has found lodging in Toome year after year only straying a few times in the past 30 years or so.
Sure some can search for solace and make suggestion than within the Cargin team many over the top and 'over 30'  with four, MM M Mc C, TS and K C  ready for retirement .....??
I  only ask which team in Antrim if not a revitalised Gall's looks ready to unseat Cargin ......and i do note that most of those snipers care not to let us know their origins......MR2 is most certainly at ease to make qualified comment although he does seem to enjoy the odd 'snipe' here and there.
Lot of begrudgers out there but Cargin are dominant.....won the lot in division one this year senior and reserve, have facilities second to none......please let me know how or when ur club, (not MR2), will gain succession....... ???

Hectic

I don't know - over the last 20 yrs + Cargin, while continually being one of the top sides in the County, have continually underachieved for me whether it be falling early in Ulster or failing to lay much of a glove on St. Galls for a decade or so despite appearing to be close enough to them.  Poor mentality maybe?

Milltown Row2

There is no sniping at all, the odd dig but I've great admiration for Cargin. But settling for Antrim is wrong, having no competition in Antrim (having been taken to a replay) is not an excuse but a failing of management in not preparing the team.

I refereed many a challenge game against teams from Down, Tyrone, Derry, in the the lead up to our club championship, training was also timed to peak around the club semi or final period, so the lads were prepared physically and mentally ready to have a craic at Ulster...

JimStynes

Well done to Aghagallon! Through to the next round of Ulster.

stiffler

Fair play to Aghagallon. Only Antrim team to win on the Ulster series.

Hopefully the whole county will get behind them now.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Gs Man

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on October 30, 2016, 08:31:14 PM
Quote from: AQMP on October 30, 2016, 04:01:05 PM
Aghagallon bt Kinawley

Young Branagan was superb. Mcgeeney will be making a call

;D  Leave it out Mickey!
Keep 'er lit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stiffler on October 31, 2016, 09:26:00 AM
Fair play to Aghagallon. Only Antrim team to win on the Ulster series.

Hopefully the whole county will get behind them now.

Why are there ones in the county not behind them?