Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Usain on October 18, 2016, 10:07:59 AM
When you stand back and look at our club fixtures in general you have to ask yourself 'why the f**k do we play our showpiece events (county finals) in September/October'?.

I know there are so many reasons, Ulster cship/county fixtures etc etc but we really are putting the cart before the horse. Play our county chsips in June/July/August please. Minors going to play the biggest game of their careers at this stage of the year is shameful.

Sadly we aren't successful enough at county to see the reasons. To be honest there should be no reasons our hurling or football shouldn't be played off in the summer. However it would be unfair on teams playing in ulster as they won't be sharp enough due to successful counties having to play off later.

I always thought the hurling could be played off much sooner as there is a big wait anyway and it's not like other ulster counties would be successful in the hurling but it probably wouldn't work with the dual aspect in derry.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 18, 2016, 10:04:39 AM
Did St Galls not only play their semi final against Lámh Dhearg last week?

big gap bewtween that game and the quaterfinal was what i was getting at, but you'd know that, as they had a drawn game against yourselves won the replay then their hurler had games and so on so it was a gap!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 18, 2016, 08:44:38 AM
it was on the county web page as a Friday night in ahoghill at one point. def was as it was down as a double header with the minor B final, fri 23rd sept, which was roughly a month between the semi final and final.

the semi final was the 23rd of August, 8 weeks ag0. Its not acceptable for either club imo.

If the match had been scheduled for 23rd sept initially, you can understand why the clubs involved may feel aggrieved that it still hasn't been played, especially when you look at the semi final date.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

paddyjohn

I don't understand how some people fail to the annoyance of the clubs involved. Buses booked, meals booked etc and to be told when your on the bus the game is off is a bit of a hassle. Nobody can control the weather but if they original date had been stuck to then this wouldn't of happened.

Suppose when you come from a club that throws the toys out of the pram when they don't get what they want or what venue they want, then it's hard to understand other clubs frustration when things don't go their way.

Saffron vision eh..

Points a Good Score

Quote from: stiffler on October 18, 2016, 12:58:55 PM
it was on the county web page as a Friday night in ahoghill at one point. def was as it was down as a double header with the minor B final, fri 23rd sept, which was roughly a month between the semi final and final.

the semi final was the 23rd of August, 8 weeks ag0. Its not acceptable for either club imo.

If the match had been scheduled for 23rd sept initially, you can understand why the clubs involved may feel aggrieved that it still hasn't been played, especially when you look at the semi final date.

Am I not right in saying the reason the game wasn't played on the 23rd was due to Dunloy being in the intermediate football final the next day and the minor hurling final on the Sunday? To play it before the senior final seemed like a sensible solution. I can sympathize with the powers that be slightly over the weekends events as when the decision was made it was bucketing down, imagine the uproar if the minor match had went ahead and rendered the pitch unplayable for the senior game.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Points a Good Score on October 18, 2016, 01:45:10 PM

Am I not right in saying the reason the game wasn't played on the 23rd was due to Dunloy being in the intermediate football final the next day and the minor hurling final on the Sunday? To play it before the senior final seemed like a sensible solution. I can sympathize with the powers that be slightly over the weekends events as when the decision was made it was bucketing down, imagine the uproar if the minor match had went ahead and rendered the pitch unplayable for the senior game.
And if the games had been scheduled for Ahoghill or Glenavy there is no doubt both would certainly have proceeded as planned.
Someone please enlighten me as to why the senior and minor finals had to be played in a South Antrim location ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 18, 2016, 02:27:02 PM

And if the games had been scheduled for Ahoghill or Glenavy there is no doubt both would certainly have proceeded as planned.
Someone please enlighten me as to why the senior and minor finals had to be played in a South Antrim location ???

Why do they have to be a South West venue? or a North Antrim venue? 

All the pitches would have been inspected at the same time and the same resut would have been given, senior game to go ahead, minor game camcelled, i mean to drag this on and on and on is a bit silly now... it was a monsoon! league games would have been cancelled and never mind the reserve game before it!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2016, 02:52:09 PM

All the pitches would have been inspected at the same time and the same resut would have been given, senior game to go ahead, minor game camcelled, i mean to drag this on and on and on is a bit silly now... it was a monsoon! league games would have been cancelled and never mind the reserve game before it!

Read your posts before posting mate. Thanks.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 18, 2016, 03:04:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 18, 2016, 02:52:09 PM

Read your posts before posting mate. Thanks.

busy day!

theskull1

Just to show we're not the only county with drawn out tail ends of championship

Limerick Premier MHC Final
Na Piarsaigh  v Kilmallock  fixed for Bruff on 19th November at 2pm as per Fixtures List just issued
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

country bumpkin

Minor hurling championship in Nov......in Antrim I say never...never...never....

Usain

Quote from: theskull1 on October 18, 2016, 07:29:36 PM
Just to show we're not the only county with drawn out tail ends of championship

Limerick Premier MHC Final
Na Piarsaigh  v Kilmallock  fixed for Bruff on 19th November at 2pm as per Fixtures List just issued

What is the point? Noone benefits from this. I truly despair.

Hope this new group the CPA shakes things up a bit.

Na Glinntí Glasa

well if they stick to whats fixed at the start of the year and not move games to suit themselves then it wont happen. theres no reason for us to be not having it completed in good time due to our lack of involvement at the business end of the the county scene each year. I dont see that changing next year either.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Clubs move games throughout the season because it doesn't suit them so ??
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

final has been re-set for Friday the 28th in Ahoghill at 8pm.
hurl like f**k boi!