Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Having watched our lads beat Creggan tonite........and it wasn't easy I would like to be educated on the black card rule, I haven't a clue..............but then it seems most of our referees haven't either ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 10, 2016, 09:19:23 PM
Having watched our lads beat Creggan tonite........and it wasn't easy I would like to be educated on the black card rule, I haven't a clue..............but then it seems most of our referees haven't either ???

Sorted! Good win then?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Its pretty straight forward, if the crowd collectively shout black card loudly it is a black card. Otherwise it is a red card, a yellow card, a tick or nothing. Depending on the level of abuse being dished out by the crowd a collective shout for a black card from said supporters means it is not a black card. There is no ambiguity.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2016, 12:06:20 AM

Sorted! Good win then?
Had to work hard for the win MR2 and it took a few outstanding personal contributions and Michael Mc Can in particular to get them over the line........better needed, and tougher tests ahead if the silverware is to return to Rooms.
But I am well on at 9/4

Hectic

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on September 10, 2016, 07:58:04 PM
Aghagallon shouldn't even be in the Antrim league! Armagh scumbags

Really?

paddyjohn

Good first post there ya tool.

Glensman

Query - was there anything formal about what happened in the Rossa v St Brigids match?

Had heard from a fella in work a Rossa player was booked and then subsequently black carded which I think is a red rather than being allowed to be substituted. Wasn't picked up.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Was at the match last night. Creggan kicked some bad wides in the first half and to me looked the better team. However two bad goals cost them big time.
Michael mc cann ran the game and pulled the strings for cargin. Wasn't overally impressed with cargin but they did what was needed to win.
hurl like f**k boi!

country bumpkin

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2016, 05:05:04 PM
Was at the match last night. Creggan kicked some bad wides in the first half and to me looked the better team. However two bad goals cost them big time.
Michael mc cann ran the game and pulled the strings for cargin. Wasn't overally impressed with cargin but they did what was needed to win.
Was talking to JB after I scanned ur comments DR he promises to take a look at Dunloy in the Intermediate final and most likely make suitable adjustments to try and reach ur standards......... ;) :D :D

bannside

Cargin did enough but for the neutrals a game that never rose to any heights. Mark Dougan scored 1-08 the first day and was badly missed by Creggan up front and for his frees.

Cargin could go on and win the championship but not on that performance. Mick Mc Cann ran the show.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 11, 2016, 06:43:21 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2016, 05:05:04 PM
Was talking to JB after I scanned ur comments DR he promises to take a look at Dunloy in the Intermediate final and most likely make suitable adjustments to try and reach ur standards......... ;) :D :D

Well they nearly have as many senior titles as yourselves!! Dunlop were always known back in the day as a football club ;)

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on September 11, 2016, 07:13:13 PM
Cargin did enough but for the neutrals a game that never rose to any heights. Mark Dougan scored 1-08 the first day and was badly missed by Creggan up front and for his frees.

Cargin could go on and win the championship but not on that performance. Mick Mc Cann ran the show.
Sure Mark Dougan in form is good.....but saw him withdrawn against both Ahoghill and Portglenone in championship and OCahan cup......hit and miss.
No doubt coming from Casements ur hard to please .......do detect a slight prejudice.......can take such comment from MR2 but hey Bannside whether by donkey or Porsche it doesn't make the slightest if u reach ur destination.
Notice u made comment and noticed the absence of Dougan but forgot to add Cargin went into action without TS....Kobo...and lost big Gerard after only a few minutes.
Was pleased to see our boys dismiss a cynical, and for the most part unpunished Creggan......wonder from where such emerged.....but again beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I am sure that JB and the Cargin team will be most upset at the negativity of some of the all knowing keyboard warriors especially from those who yearn for a portion of what they_he has achieved.
Rant over but hate negative critism from those who are, and look likely to remain for a long time only sighted in Carbon's rear view mirror....not u MR2 ;)

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 11, 2016, 08:05:56 PM
Quote from: bannside on September 11, 2016, 07:13:13 PM

Sure Mark Dougan in form is good.....but saw him withdrawn against both Ahoghill and Portglenone in championship and OCahan cup......hit and miss.
No doubt coming from Casements ur hard to please .......do detect a slight prejudice.......can take such comment from MR2 but hey Bannside whether by donkey or Porsche it doesn't make the slightest if u reach ur destination.
Notice u made comment and noticed the absence of Dougan but forgot to add Cargin went into action without TS....Kobo...and lost big Gerard after only a few minutes.
Was pleased to see our boys dismiss a cynical, and for the most part unpunished Creggan......wonder from where such emerged.....but again beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I am sure that JB and the Cargin team will be most upset at the negativity of some of the all knowing keyboard warriors especially from those who yearn for a portion of what they_he has achieved.
Rant over but hate negative critism from those who are, and look likely to remain for a long time only sighted in Carbon's rear view mirror....not u MR2 ;)

Feel better CB?

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: Hectic on September 11, 2016, 09:03:05 AM

Really?

Sure they started off in Armagh, their underage played in Armagh, their camogie plays in Armagh, they go to school in Armagh, most of them support Armagh, so that looks like Armagh men to me! Also does their parish not also run into down?

country bumpkin

Do indeed but hate negative critism from those who are not within a beagle's gowl  :)