Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Did you guys have any county minors dr?

I always liked the minor final before the senior final though that seems to have stopped. Thought it worked well.

theskull1

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 01, 2016, 09:22:37 AM

I always liked the minor final before the senior final though that seems to have stopped. Thought it worked well.

1 footballer. A few more went with the hurlers 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

themac_23

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 01, 2016, 09:22:37 AM

if the Hurling and Football finals aren't going as a double header then the minor game in each code should be the curtain raiser.

imtommygunn

Yeah didn't remember too many. There have always been very talented footballers in dunloy but hurling seems to have the priority. very good minor teams mid 90s ish. Probably only stinsons better than you then.

I would agree mac. Doesn't seem we like hurling and football double headers but maybe they don't work with geography etc anyway.

takeyourpoint

Minor A and Minor B Football Finals on 23rd September under lights in Ahoghill

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: hardstation on September 01, 2016, 10:01:25 AM
Aren't Dunloy either in both or have a good chance of making both? The Johnnies won both a few years there and we won both a couple of years ago. Playing the minor finals on the same day doesn't work for that reason.

Hurlers play Creggan on sat in their ground in the semi final of the hurling. If they play to their ability we should win comfortable enough.

would leave us in both the minor hurling & football county finals. camogs won the minor B championship earlier this year so a unique treble is possible for the club
hurl like f**k boi!

country bumpkin

See Glenravel and St Comgall's have made it to the junior final..............well done to both :D

Christmas Lights

Antrim vs St Mals was a bit closer than expected.  Expected Antrim to win more comfortably. 

Glenravel be favourites for the final now youd imagine after taking out Ardoyne

country bumpkin

Jeez Cargin were rubbish and lucky to be still in there ........the question is will they be as bad next time ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 02, 2016, 11:57:13 PM
Jeez Cargin were rubbish and lucky to be still in there ........the question is will they be as bad next time ???

Rubbish ??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Great entertainment at Ahoghill tonight as a huge crowd came out to see the double header.  All Saints gave the Johnnies their fill of it for 45 minutes until Sean Mc Veigh went off, and matched them all over the pitch. Great performances from Peter and Paul Mc Cann, Peter Mc Nicholl and at times Pizza Mc Reynolds looked unstoppable. But Johnnies found the most when it mattered and led by big Kevin Mc Glinchey, Matt Fitz, Jack Hannagan and their impressive number 11, ran out deserving winners.

The next game was a belter and epitomised what the GAA is all about.  Two neighbouring parishes going full pelt from start to finish. The intensity levels rose several notches and the hits going in were ferocious at times, excellently handled by Sean Laverty.

Creggan came from seven points down to snatch a draw with the last kick of the game. A lot to like about their performance and Kevin Madden got his match ups perfect all over the pitch.  I know I said Cargin looked unbeatable after seeing these teams meet two weeks ago, but Madden sent his team out tonight a completely different championship animal and all I can say is do not miss this replay as truly it could go either way.

Kobo and Tony Scullion will probably miss the replay with injuries and that's in Creggan favour. They didn't look like a team that wanted to lose tonight, and played with borderline ferocity which you rarely see in Antrim Football.

It's truly a 50/50 match up in the replay.

PS.  Ciaran Close played at a different level at times. 100% still the best corner forward in Antrim Football, even at 34.

erinsboy

You are right bumpkin we where terrible tonight we played for ten minutes after they got the goal and we stopped as if the game was won ,our forward line was very poor with Tomas only getting into the game at the end and the full back line were out played most of the game kobo should have been off much earlier as he was clearly injured and we missed Tony's pace and support play after he went off closely and Gerard McCann best on the pitch for cargin .Creggan done well in the middle and where a lot hungrier for the breaking ball can't agree with you ban side about the ref he seemed to give a lot of easy frees  till creggan in the last ten minutes that were not givin at the other end but fair play till creggan they stuck at it till the end and it nearly paid of for them.Lets hope the replay is at a danceable time there will a massive crowd that's for sure ,this is what Antrim football needs!

stiffler

What's the rule on replays ? I thought it was only finals which go to a 2nd game.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stiffler on September 03, 2016, 12:58:40 AM
What's the rule on replays ? I thought it was only finals which go to a 2nd game.

Not at senior level??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bogieman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2016, 07:38:59 AM
Quote from: stiffler on September 03, 2016, 12:58:40 AM

Not at senior level??

Reg 6 & 7 from 2015.
http://antrim.gaa.ie/assets/documents/2015-Championship-regulations.pdf

Rev.1
St Galls
Aldergrove
Antrim
St Brigid's
Tipp
Dubs
This is not Irish dancing. -RH