Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

Tell me who a club who hasnt

jftj

Quote from: hardstation on November 19, 2013, 09:40:41 PM
The blow ins helped too. ;D
The blow-ins in this galls teams run helped them a little bit but I,d have to say they'd be well done the pecking order as regards important or "special" players.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 19, 2013, 09:50:03 PM
We have had blow ins who have helped us no end. At least I admit it.

Who didn't admit it? We could name the Grahams for starters  :-X
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2013, 08:52:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2013, 08:42:49 AM
Quote from: hardstation on November 19, 2013, 09:50:03 PM
We have had blow ins who have helped us no end. At least I admit it.

Who didn't admit it? We could name the Grahams for starters  :-X
You. Instead of saying, "Yes, they did help greatly and without them we would not have been as successful" - you decide to say whatabout.......
Paul, Eamon, Mickey Wing & Joe McCaff all helped towards our last championship victory. I don't get uptight when they are brought up, unlike some.......

I know Paul and Eamon were both Cushendun, even though they're reared McCooeys, Wing was originally Sars, but was Joe McCaff not Rossa since underage although his brother played for the Johnnies??

I'm near certain Joe played minor for Rossa, did he not?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2013, 08:59:38 AM
He did but he started at O'Donnells before transferring as a kid. Just wanted to be thorough. ;)

Seamy McKenna played for st Galls as did the Close's I could go on.......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: manballandall on November 19, 2013, 10:50:29 PM
Tell me who a club who hasnt

O'Donnels seem to be a club who have suffered greatly from this.

Every club has them. It's fair enough in most cases but in some cases but there are a few that would irk you a bit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2013, 09:21:21 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2013, 09:11:48 AM
Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2013, 08:59:38 AM
He did but he started at O'Donnells before transferring as a kid. Just wanted to be thorough. ;)

Seamy McKenna played for st Galls as did the Close's I could go on.......
Feel free. It doesn't make your own club's go away.

Again I didn't bring it up and it won't make yours go away either

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2013, 09:30:32 AM
At least I admit that without ours we would not have been as successful.

Course, I'd say we wouldn't have won any of the last 11 titles, 2 Ulster titles and the All Ireland without them, it hurts knowing that....

Walter Cronc

Very sad to hear Anto Finnegan has been diagnosed with Motor neurone disease.

Great player in his day. Hope he manages to battle through it!

Tony Baloney

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/25027330

Seen Joost van der Westhuizen at the Scotland v RSA match at weekend. Brutal.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 20, 2013, 11:15:12 PM
Very sad to hear Anto Finnegan has been diagnosed with Motor neurone disease.

Great player in his day. Hope he manages to battle through it!

7's tournament this Sat at st Pauls. 38 teams involved in an over 35 competition for this. Should be a great day for a great player.

imtommygunn

Very sad. Hopefully that tournament gets some money in for the cause. Awful disease that.

glens abu

Yeah very sad indeed about Anto and great effort by lots of Gaels and others to raise money for this cause.I was a bit disappointed the Antrim board could not get around to making Casement available for a big game that was planned.Should be a great day and night on Sat for great cause.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: glens abu on November 21, 2013, 11:06:30 AM
Yeah very sad indeed about Anto and great effort by lots of Gaels and others to raise money for this cause.I was a bit disappointed the Antrim board could not get around to making Casement available for a big game that was planned.Should be a great day and night on Sat for great cause.

In fairness though all the games will be held on the St Pauls, Rossa and Sarsfields pitches which makes more sense. Casement to long for sevens ;) or 35 year olds maybe (wish i was 35 ffs)

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2013, 11:18:18 AM
Quote from: glens abu on November 21, 2013, 11:06:30 AM

In fairness though all the games will be held on the St Pauls, Rossa and Sarsfields pitches which makes more sense. Casement to long for sevens ;) or 35 year olds maybe (wish i was 35 ffs)

Yeah but they had a match organised between Dublin and Tyrone but board couldnt give casement.