Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

Quote from: DearyMe on August 31, 2012, 10:04:17 AM
And so it begins - Irish news is at their lark!

Who will be next county manager?

At their lark ? How so ?

winker3716

Ah, poor Harbinson  :'(, no one from his own club has nominated him for the county manager position.  He is making his last minute plea via the IN for someone to nominate him. The fact that his own club has not nominated him, does that tell us all something, hhhmmm! Interesting or what?

He'd probably be too expensive for Antrim anyway?  ::)
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

Glensman

Quote from: winker3716 on August 31, 2012, 12:54:55 PM
Ah, poor Harbinson  :'(, no one from his own club has nominated him for the county manager position.  He is making his last minute plea via the IN for someone to nominate him. The fact that his own club has not nominated him, does that tell us all something, hhhmmm! Interesting or what?

You should throw your hat in the ring Winker. You seem to know a fair bit about it...and everything.

Is the nomination thing not a bit archaic? Could interested individuals not just apply?

Is it actually the case that clubs put names forward for people they haven't even consulted?? If so that is a farce.

glens abu

Quote from: Glensman on August 31, 2012, 01:57:24 PM

You should throw your hat in the ring Winker. You seem to know a fair bit about it...and everything.

Is the nomination thing not a bit archaic? Could interested individuals not just apply?

Is it actually the case that clubs put names forward for people they haven't even consulted?? If so that is a farce.

Yeah I agree,also think the CB should be approaching anyone who they would want for the job.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on August 30, 2012, 10:23:50 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 30, 2012, 10:21:33 PM
Who would have the smallest parish or numbers to choose from in antrim?

Larne or Carrickfergus - for numbers anyway

Not too much gaa in carrickfergus. Larne have a hurling team though.

winker3716

Nah, more interested in the wee ball managers job, but I would be too radical and would select me own support/backroom team.  I would make a few enemies along the way also as I would tend to be very innovative and ruthless and not care who's toes I would step on!

I think that is what it is going to take however.  I ask myself the question though, is Antrim ready for me yet???????  Are they deserving of my professional qualities??????  Are they prepared to endure and foster my innovative thinking and processes????  Is the county really worthy of the time and input I would adopt?????  Is Quinn and his cohorts at Casement prepared to take it in the neck and capitulate????? Then maybe, just maybe!  ;)   Has the county got the Passion, Drive, Commitment, Moral Courage, Conviction and resources to consider me?????  Lets wait and see  :-X
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

playwiththewind1st

Glensman

Quote from: winker3716 on August 31, 2012, 02:23:47 PM

Nah, more interested in the wee ball managers job, but I would be too radical and would select me own support/backroom team.  I would make a few enemies along the way also as I would tend to be very innovative and ruthless and not care who's toes I would step on!

I think that is what it is going to take however.  I ask myself the question though, is Antrim ready for me yet???????  Are they deserving of my professional qualities??????  Are they prepared to endure and foster my innovative thinking and processes????  Is the county really worthy of the time and input I would adopt?????  Is Quinn and his cohorts at Casement prepared to take it in the neck and capitulate????? Then maybe, just maybe!  ;)   Has the county got the Passion, Drive, Commitment, Moral Courage, Conviction and resources to consider me?????  Lets wait and see  :-X

T ::) ::)L

Move er on

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2012, 02:42:41 PM
Aye comes across likeable enough for a Cargin man :o

That year against us was the first round after the All final defeat, and they didn't put any effort into the league that year at all and concentrated on that night at Casement, paid off
I know for a fact that JC had the  Aldergrove players watch the Loughgiel dvd of the all Ireland win before playing Portglenone in the championship. Must have inspired them.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

DearyMe

Brutal, what i'm hearing!

Baker resigned because his wages were gettin cut?

I would give someones asst a shout at it.  Rory Gallagher (who will now be too expensive), Aidan O Rourke, John Rafferty, would they even look at it?  Unfortunately the money would need to be right.  What have we done with the GAA - its scalping us on the arse!
Without the money ye wont attract the personel!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

manballandall

Quote from: DearyMe on September 04, 2012, 11:39:21 AM
Brutal, what i'm hearing!

Baker resigned because his wages were gettin cut?

I would give someones asst a shout at it.  Rory Gallagher (who will now be too expensive), Aidan O Rourke, John Rafferty, would they even look at it?  Unfortunately the money would need to be right.  What have we done with the GAA - its scalping us on the arse!
Without the money ye wont attract the personel!
Do your club pay any managers Deary Me ?

DearyMe

God no ballman, we wouldnt have a penny.

But seems that Baker values his credentials more than the county board.  Although fair play to them for standing their ground in such difficult financial circumstances.  Although all these plans for redevelopment look grand. Alot of money involved there.
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

culchie11

Championship semis this weekend - any predictions?

You would think St galls & st johns be the favs in senior, with aldergrove going for the double at intermediate level for league & championship.

think ahoghill could give st johns a scare, but johnnies should be too strong.
heard ahoghill players were dropped for hurling champ for going on drinking binge the week before.
fair play to their manager, took balls to do that, no doubt as they lost the manager gets the blame but in my opinion the ones who went drinking let whole team down.
wonder will it make any difference to football panel, make them think what they could achieve if they wanted to show bit of committment?!

Na Glinntí Glasa

St galls by 5 points in their game. They should have too much fire power for cargin.

The other one, st johns by 8. Gona head up to this one on fri night so hopefully it's a good game.
hurl like f**k boi!