Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Four names mentioned in todays IN expected to be nominated,Lenny Harbinson,Gearoid Adams,Kevin Madden and Brian White.

culchie11

Think lenny would do a good job along with madden as trainer.

i agree that the baker did bring antrim forward, but as bannside says he had a good crop of players coming through to work with. we need to take next step now. baker fell out with alot of players mainly st galls, which stems from an ulster club match few years back, he also dropped cunningham who was his capt for few years, shows his ego goes before the team.

bannside have u taken up another role now, with a weekly column?

heard at weekend sean mcveigh has a heart complaint, not sure how serious, i was told he cant play at min & didnt feature in their league game. hope he is ok & back playing again soon.

imtommygunn

To be fair to baker I think Cunningham should have been dropped as he just wasn't adding enough.

People assume he fell out with all these galls boys but did he really? A saint would have issues with mcgourtys. The only one I can think of was McLean that should have been there the obvious aside.

He played o'neill for years so hardly fell out with him over an ulster club.

bannside

Heard the news too about Sean Mc Veigh. If what I hear is true thats a terrible blow for him. Great guy too.

Culchie, you must be talking about a certain Bannsider" column in the Antrim Post!!! Turning into a great wee paper (isnt it?)

culchie11

Yip, county Antrim post is a great wee paper, not before time too! Some open & honest columns in it well worth the read. Great for match reports also all grades and codes, brilliant championship supplement also! Raises the profile of Antrim gaa no end!

Rasharkin Gael

bloodybreakball

county antrim post
not dying about it to be honest, very light

bannside

As far as I know they are carrying full match reports for over 20 matches this weekend. Thats a big committment to Antrim GAA and we should be encouraged. Some great columnists too!

What was that about commission RG!!!

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: bannside on August 29, 2012, 08:46:35 AM
As far as I know they are carrying full match reports for over 20 matches this weekend. Thats a big committment to Antrim GAA and we should be encouraged. Some great columnists too!

What was that about commission RG!!!

Just looked a bit closer at its contributors this morning, i now understand Bannside!!lol Terence photocopies of the manual  was a bit laborious , i thought with his experience he would have come up something a bit more cutting edge.
Good enough paper and great to see all the local match reports and a boost for Gaa.

Anybody any revelations about how Cargin /Galls will go? Great result for Ahoghill against Brids but according to my stalker ( viva TMC) St johns are going to walk it, dont think so, although venue could have a big meaning in that game.

bannside

Cargin should go mighty close at a SW venue. Wouldnt like to be betting on it!

Ahoghill will be underdogs, but wont lie down. They are some club. For such a small club they deserve a lot of credit. Most of them dual players too. Represent all that is good about the GAA in small rural areas.

A lot of them were at our festival marquee at the weekend after their win against St Brigids. Great drinkers too!

culchie11

All you journos bannside & RG, must get your info & ideas from websites like these lol

I honestly dont think the venue will make that big a difference, galls will grind out the result & pull away in the last 10-15mins to win by 5 or 6. cargin indiscipline will again see to that. although i hope it to be closer, as it has the makings of a great game. think ciaran close is cargins main man & if he is on song they could just pip it, but have my doubts.

your 100% right bannside regarding ahoghill, great club & facilities to match it!

Gold

Quote from: culchie11 on August 29, 2012, 01:23:52 PM
All you journos bannside & RG, must get your info & ideas from websites like these lol

I honestly dont think the venue will make that big a difference, galls will grind out the result & pull away in the last 10-15mins to win by 5 or 6. cargin indiscipline will again see to that. although i hope it to be closer, as it has the makings of a great game. think ciaran close is cargins main man & if he is on song they could just pip it, but have my doubts.

your 100% right bannside regarding ahoghill, great club & facilities to match it!

Ahoghill are indeed a great club. Some set up now and have came on leaps and bounds in both codes. PAddy Logan may regret his decision now (although to be fair i know nothin about it).

Ahoghill deserved to beat Brigids. Brigids were better when playing their game and were 6 up with 15mins to go but shit the togs and somehow let Ahoghill back to draw. Brigids were busted and there was only gonna be one winner in extra time. Ahoghill wanted it more and seemed to have more natural forwards whilst Brigids were reliant on Loughrey, who at wing back nearly still won the game on his own.

Fancy Ahoghill to maybe stay up now at expense of Brigid or Rossa.

Feel Brigids would have beaten Johns but think Johns will beat Ahoghill in semi final.

Doesnt matter though as Galls should walk it. Galls could beat Cargin by as many as they want i think. SW venue wont matter. Galls havent been beat in a meaningful match there since Moneyglass in 2000

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Hoof Hearted

Ahjoghill have some set up alright - credit to them. Have had a lot of  shit from "the other side" to put up with too.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: hardstation on August 29, 2012, 09:06:16 PM
Did they feckin win tonight, more to the point??

draw

0-16 - 2-10

Hoof Hearted