Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

The board is with you RG - 100%. You represent many of the good and proper Gaels of the Rasharkin.

Once upon a time a certain club had the worst disciplinary record in Derry. They were put out of the league for at least a year. Maybe it was two.
They responded by putting all their resources into juvenile develoment, and used their time wisely to rebuild and re-evaluate. The result was several all -Ireland feile A titles, and a team that won Ulster and all ireland senior club, with those exact same juveniles.

The target for those emerging juvenile teams was not only to win silverware - but to get no red cards in the process! Both were achieved, and I recall Adrian Mc Guckin explaining to Antrim gaels at a development seminar, that the bigger pride for his club was in the latter. It was all about discipline and respect.

Every cloud has a silver lining, and Rasharkin - a proud parish - will bounce back stronger.

Leave er in

Quote from: Enough on November 09, 2011, 09:14:55 PM
To all of that going on and on not all of these "Bans" aren't in place. They are recommendations!
Keep an eye on the news the truth will be out soon!

Yes but they are recommendations for expulsion from the GAA, even if these are overturned the culprits will be looking at definite 96 week bans, what planet are you on?

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Enough on November 09, 2011, 09:14:55 PM
To all of that going on and on not all of these "Bans" aren't in place. They are recommendations!
Keep an eye on the news the truth will be out soon!

Enough would you ever stop bleating like a stuck lamb? Yes, these are "proposed sanctions"  ::). Do you follow GAA much? or are you just one of that rabble that's been talked about that just came along to St Mary's from time to time to cause trouble?

Due process will run its course and I have no doubt most of these proposed sanctions will be challenged at CHC. After that comes the appeals. I have no problem with appeals where new evidence can be brought, or where a significant error can be demonstrated, etc. but I hope Rasharkin don't just appeal for the sake of it or look to get off on technicalities.

imtommygunn

Creggan won the u21 tonight - 1-9 - 0-9.

Great win for them.

Hopefully they can start making the senior more competitive soon with their good runs in the underage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 10, 2011, 10:39:04 PM
Creggan won the u21 tonight - 1-9 - 0-9.

Great win for them.

Hopefully they can start making the senior more competitive soon with their good runs in the underage.

Thought this success would have came a lot sooner in fairness, they have been decent at under age for a while
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Well I *think* they won the u21 a couple of ears ago and were beat by cargin in the final the other year.

Be interesting to see how/if that success transfers to senior.

Still a few years left in st galls I would think though the dominance can't last forever. Creggan / Lamh Dhearg would seem the two most likely candidates.

Rasharkin Gael

Creggan have fantastic underage teams at present. Some really gifted young fellas. Saw a lad in an u12 game come off the bench, touch the ball 5 times, scored 2 points with his right foot, 2 with his left and fisted one over the bar! Not a bad sub to have, he was still u10.

4father

So have St Mary's appealed this yet?  I'm assuming they would only have a week to appeal.

What will your club appeal and what will it not appeal Rasharkin Gael?

Rasharkin Gael

making a decision over the weekend.

aontroim

Any appeal should have been lodged long before now - 3 days is the time limit to appeal - and i'm sure it has been submitted in good time!

Rasharkin Gael

3 days from receipt of written notification!

saffronog

I am sure u are all behind The saints in there continued bid for ulster success tomorrow. 

Milltown Row2

I didn't know Loughgiel were playing football tomorrow  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog

Magicsponge

Just out of interest, would there be anything stopping any Rasharkin players from transferring over to say Dunloy, Portglenone or Ahoghill (I mention these clubs only because they are relatively close by) for a year and then transferring back?