Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on November 08, 2011, 08:33:33 PM
All mayhem breaking loose in Rasharkin tonight

What's Ricey doing in Rasharkin?

saffronog

Here here hurler, I didn't realise a Mr Elliot was assaulted to.  Every cloud ???

antrimgeal1989

i fancy ballymena to do the business on sunday.
on the rasharkin issue again. so bad 3 senior teams loosing out on a years playing action and obviously dropping leagues if thats the case. i hope the good core of gaels dont loose intrest

aontroim

Quote from: saffronog on November 08, 2011, 11:12:40 PM
Here here hurler, I didn't realise a Mr Elliot was assaulted to.  Every cloud ???

With that post you only add to the suspicion that you are not an All Saints member.  Disgraceful post if you really are.

theskull1

Quote from: hurler2011 on November 08, 2011, 10:54:05 PM
I don't understand why the hurling team is suffering too
, i just hope the appeal will get us something, playing matches away will be difficult but its better than no hurling at all

The club (rather than the code) has been punished.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

Quote from: aontroim on November 08, 2011, 11:21:31 PM

With that post you only add to the suspicion that you are not an All Saints member.  Disgraceful post if you really are.

Disgraceful regardless.

saffronog

89 thats true, don't want people walking away, I am big into suspension but I think this suspension to a degree is retrievable if the sharks have co operated well.  But senior teams might have to soak it up.  Those within rasharkin community have to highlight their trouble makers.  Has mla d mckay spoke about issue.

saffronog

A little playful jibe to a friend and club mate.  Should have kept it in house.  But you're right to say disgraceful point to previous poster.  Extremely insensitive, but those people are put there.

hurler2011

Quote from: saffronog on November 08, 2011, 11:30:01 PM
89 thats true, don't want people walking away, I am big into suspension but I think this suspension to a degree is retrievable if the sharks have co operated well.  But senior teams might have to soak it up.  Those within rasharkin community have to highlight their trouble makers.  Has mla d mckay spoke about issue.

the big problem we have is that our team is very young bar one or two, we need competitive hurling to keep our touch going, the hurling in rasharkin has come along way in the last few years, this will set us back big time, it will be hard to keep our team going knowing that we have nothing competitive to play for

theskull1

hurler2011, I think sympathy for the plight of your hurlers will be hard to find. Your club members who carried out their acts of violence are where your frustrations should be pointed.

NAG1

Terrible post regardless of whether it should have been kept in house or not, plus there is a serious tinge of red on those all saints colours.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Enough on November 08, 2011, 05:43:06 PM
Lamh Dhearg Ray Matthews Eoin Elliot all got off scot free. The county clearly see's one way!

Quote from: Enough on November 08, 2011, 06:16:10 PM
Good Refs from what i seen they couldnt lead blind mice! I think they both should have some sort of punishment after all they did add fuel to the fire!

Quote from: Enough on November 08, 2011, 06:32:49 PM
Rasharkin we're not the only sinners on the day and that is a fact if you look would ever step outside the box you live in and think about the actul truth you would know! But no you all jump on a wagon and post rubbish about what you believe! But what is it they say what goes round comes around. Rasharkin today someone else tomorrow.

You are an embarassment to your club. And given the week that's in it, that is some achievement  :o

Take a look at yourself. And I hope the club do too so that whenever you spout sh*te like that round the club, the senior footballers and hurlers who want to play, will tell you where to go. It is a small step from your victim/whataboutery attitude to "the ref was asking for it". And look where that has got the club.

It is a tough punishment, but it needed to be.  6 players suspended, a team mentor, and 3 club members (including a senior club official). That's not an outside rabble that the club "can do nothing about". That's an inside rabble that club should have been able to do something about  >:(

ENOUGH!

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: The Worker on November 08, 2011, 07:21:11 PM
Does this mean Mglass stay up in div 1? or will div 1 be 9 teams next year?

9 team Div 1 with 1 team to be relegated would be the logical way to go. Same as when a club pulls out / gets chucked out mid-season. Only Rasharkin jumped the (shot)gun early  :o

Rasharkin Gael

Don't think anyone from my club can really complain about the punishments handed down from the ccc. Severe sentences for the individuals concerned but rightly so for disgraceful actions. I know a lot of the lads on the senior football and hurling teams are smarting over their bans, especially as the vast majority of them were not present at ballymena, but the county had to take drastic action and send out a message to all clubs in our county that there is a collective responsibility inherent in the gaa and clubs have to take responsibility for not just the behaviour of players on the field but of supporters to. Next season will be tough for st Mary's, some guys already talking about heading to Australia as work is light here and the football/hurling was the only thing keeping them at home. But on a brighter side we can now make sure nothing like this can happen again within our club and pay much more attention to raising the standard of our discipline, which has been extremely poor for a number of seasons now, and make sure our juvenile players have more respect for match officials, club officials and themselves as we try to rebuild the reputation of our club which is now in tatters.

NAG1

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on November 09, 2011, 11:15:02 AM
Don't think anyone from my club can really complain about the punishments handed down from the ccc. Severe sentences for the individuals concerned but rightly so for disgraceful actions. I know a lot of the lads on the senior football and hurling teams are smarting over their bans, especially as the vast majority of them were not present at ballymena, but the county had to take drastic action and send out a message to all clubs in our county that there is a collective responsibility inherent in the gaa and clubs have to take responsibility for not just the behaviour of players on the field but of supporters to. Next season will be tough for st Mary's, some guys already talking about heading to Australia as work is light here and the football/hurling was the only thing keeping them at home. But on a brighter side we can now make sure nothing like this can happen again within our club and pay much more attention to raising the standard of our discipline, which has been extremely poor for a number of seasons now, and make sure our juvenile players have more respect for match officials, club officials and themselves as we try to rebuild the reputation of our club which is now in tatters.

Excellent post

If it can make the club stronger and more cohesive in the future maybe the short term pain can be swallowed for long term gain.