Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I wouldn't say great but it does look quite stong for intermediate yes...

Feis cup, while nice to win, not that big a deal. Intermediate a big victory though.

exiledjohn

Just out of interest i notice the 2 McCanns played in most of the championship games this year for All Saints but didnt play final.  Peter maybe lost his spot in the outfield slot but was Paul dropped or initially just filling in as keeper as in the repoart neither started.

Magicsponge

I think teams should give it at least a year at a higher level after they win a championship. If they do get hammered and want to go back down then that's fair enough, at least they gave it a go.
How's Ballymenas new pitch coming along? It's been a while since I've been up there

antrimgeal1989

Not sure about peter but i heard that paul was injured from the game on wednesday. hopefully he will be fit for the ulster game on Sunday, although if not fit Brian will do a good job for us

new pitch has been finished for a year. been really good to have as the other pitch can get very heavy after a lot of rain. think the juvenile hurlers are still training outside which wouldnt be possible on the 'old' pitch

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2011, 10:25:43 PM
Well done to St Galls tonight, Double winners after winning tonight
The same night they played Queens in a friendly? Strange.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SambaSaffron on October 14, 2011, 10:17:17 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2011, 10:25:43 PM
Well done to St Galls tonight, Double winners after winning tonight
The same night they played Queens in a friendly? Strange.

Keep up FFS  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

RIP Paddy McGinley 'Patrique' on Hoganstand --massive poster on that forum

Saffron till he died
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

Aye had many a debate on the stand before i left it. Seen him many times at the games, not many like him

RIP
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Gold on October 15, 2011, 09:39:02 PM
RIP Paddy McGinley 'Patrique' on Hoganstand --massive poster on that forum

Saffron till he died

I remember him, what age would he have been? Seemed out of place on HS as he was very reasoned.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bannside

Paddy Mc Ginley RIP.

I knew Paddy well - A real character in every sense of the word.

Paddy moved into Antrim Town from the city, like many others circa early eighties, and immersed himself in the place. Highly considered as conversationalist, Paddy could hold court in Maddens, The Cova, or Barneys and dish out his own brand of debate on a wide range of subjects.

I say debate because Paddy never offered suggestion - it was always fact. He could hold two or three discussions/debates at the one time, and still be in charge of them all. From his brand of Irish politics, the rights of the workers, horses, football, his favourite subject of all Antrim GAA, or in fact any subject you can think of, Paddy would not be beaten. They were always delivered in the Paddy style, full of passion, knowledge, or simply played better to the audience.

Paddy loved his traditional music too, and with some of his pals could muster up as good a session as you are likely to come across. The coach trips to support his beloved Antrim, which Paddy organised were legendary, and due to Paddy the Antrim town lads could always be seen and heard at all the big games.

His passion was to see Antrim County teams fulfil their potential at the highest level, and his happiest days were the two or three massive years getting up and down the country in support of Jim Nelsons men. And you could see his heart pump with pride on the pitch in Tullamore when we gave the mighty Kerry the scare of their lives. "Always next year FD - Up the saffrons".

Paddy, as anyone who knew him would say, could start a debate in heaven. We all hope wee man you get that chance.

Always next year. But it will be a much quieter, duller place without you. Rest in peace.

Bog Ash Camam

Hi Milltown.  Is "Linus Harbinson" still managing the St. Galls Footbal team?
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

Milltown Row2

SambaSaffron

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2011, 04:10:51 PM
Actually just heard they has been a bit of a upturn lets say within the football set up.
The footballers its seems have finally taken a stand and expressed their true feelings.

Bishop standing in for cross game alongside him Kevin Mc Gourty.should be an interesting sideline
So is "Our Linus" getting the proverbial boot?
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"