Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: aontroim on October 06, 2011, 07:59:02 PM
Sunday 30th Oct 2011

Ulster Club Junior Football Championship 2011    Quarter Final
Morgan Athletic Grounds - Ard Mhacha v Aontroim

Must be before the St. Gall's game.

Any advance on 3 O'Ds being sent off this year  :D

I thought the St Galls game was in Casement?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Pretty sure it is.

C'ship draw out. Monaghan away. Could be better and could be worse.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: aontroim on October 06, 2011, 07:59:02 PM
Sunday 30th Oct 2011

Ulster Club Junior Football Championship 2011    Quarter Final
Morgan Athletic Grounds - Ard Mhacha v Aontroim

Must be before the St. Gall's game.

Any advance on 3 O'Ds being sent off this year  :D

Will be tough for them, what's the Armagh champions like?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Monaghan's a great draw in that we haven't played them in years in the championship. I can't even remember the last time in league or championship. Glad we didn't get tyrone, donegal or derry as I'm bored playin them.

Away game is good too, never much atmosphere and we always seem to have less support than the away team at casement so we may as well be away with a small but genuine band of followers supporting us. Monaghan are league above us and will prob be favourites no matter what happens in the league but I think we'll have no fear of them. And at least believe we have a chance. If we'd drawn tyrone we'd have been beaten before we even took the park. And if we were fortunate enough to beat monaghan, ferm or down would be teams we could beat on our day.

Another ulster final perhaps!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

takeyourpoint

Just want to congratulate the Players and Management of All Saints on yesterday's fantastic victory.It was a hard fought but ultimately well deserved win for the boys.It wasn't the easiest of preparations for a final for either team but both sides deserve great credit for an excellent match.Now we're all off to Cavan next Sunday.

sans pessimism

Quote from: takeyourpoint on October 10, 2011, 11:54:43 AM
Just want to congratulate the Players and Management of All Saints on yesterday's fantastic victory.It was a hard fought but ultimately well deserved win for the boys.It wasn't the easiest of preparations for a final for either team but both sides deserve great credit for an excellent match.Now we're all off to Cavan next Sunday.
Who're ye playin
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

takeyourpoint

We play Drumgoon.They play out of Cootehill.Throw in 1:45pm in Breffni Park.

Magicsponge

Congrats to Ballymena on beating Portglenone. Bit premature, but will Ballymena play in the Senior Championship next year?

takeyourpoint

When we last won Intermediate we entered Senior Championship and were soundly beaten in the first round by none other than Portglenone.A decision won't have been taken yet but I would imagine the players would want to test themselves in the Senior Championship.

aontroim

Just because a team is soundly beaten in their first senior championship game after winning intermediate, they should at least have to stick at it for 3 or more years to allow other intermediate / junior grade teams the chance to win their grade.  O'Ds winning Junior 2 years in a row will do nothing for them.  Show some ambition and try intermediate for a test of how the team is developing.

Magicsponge

I think they should give the senior championship a go and yeah, they might get a hiding depending on who they meet (quite a few teams could take a hiding depending on who they meet), but Portglenone aren't a bad side and Ballymena beat them. It could be a great experience for ballymena and might give them that extra edge in Div 2 if they are training for Senior championship.

I don't a agree with O'Donnells staying in the Junior championship, for me it shows a lack of ambition on their part. I mean they're playing Division 3, playing in the intermediate championship shouldn't be to much of an ask for them

Milltown Row2

Well done to St Galls tonight, Double winners after winning tonight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

Quote from: aontroim on October 11, 2011, 08:49:30 PM
Just because a team is soundly beaten in their first senior championship game after winning intermediate, they should at least have to stick at it for 3 or more years to allow other intermediate / junior grade teams the chance to win their grade.  O'Ds winning Junior 2 years in a row will do nothing for them.  Show some ambition and try intermediate for a test of how the team is developing.

+1

imtommygunn

-1 Fair enough if after that one year you have shown the consistency to be up competing with the senior teams in the league. If you haven't there is no shame in going down a level. O'Donnells is a different story. Ballymena were bottom of division 2 for a good while earlier this year. McVeigh only back from London and I dunno if they knew he'd be back and they'd not have won without him I suspect.

antrimgeal1989

McVeigh is a great footballer but the Ballymena team has a great backbone of quality players throughout the pitch. Yes they were bottom for a while but they had serious amount of injuries etc. Look at the positive results for them. Drawing with portglenone and st pauls in the league, beating rasharkin and portglenone convincingly in the feis cup final and championship final